Diablo® III

Can you pass this fix along?

How about allowing set items to work on followers? That's really it. Just like, you know, allow them to work when you have enough to work.

Thanks.
Reply Quote
Community Manager
I actually replied to a post recently concerning set items on Followers here. :)

We’re currently looking into some possibilities that would make using set items on Followers a more appealing choice in the future.
Reply Quote
^^ +1
2H weapons except for Skorns are still unusable by barbs
Reply Quote
I would also like to see more item slots made available for followers, such as helms, boots, chest pieces, etc. Followers would probably have to be rebalanced in someway to accomodate the extra gear, but I feel like it would be worth it.

It would lead to an increase in demand for gear, and make more item drops all that more viable. Items I would have left on the ground as trash would then become sought-after items to equip my followers with.

As someone who plays primarily for the thrill of the item hunt, this would mean a lot to me.
Reply Quote
I would also like to see more item slots made available for followers, such as helms, boots, chest pieces, etc. Followers would probably have to be rebalanced in someway to accomodate the extra gear, but I feel like it would be worth it.

It would lead to an increase in demand for gear, and make more item drops all that more viable. Items I would have left on the ground as trash would then become sought-after items to equip my followers with.

As someone who plays primarily for the thrill of the item hunt, this would mean a lot to me.

Plus Diablo 3 being a loot game with an AH, it just will only further increases traffic on the AH.
Reply Quote

Plus Diablo 3 being a loot game with an AH, it just will only further increases traffic on the AH.
Also followers are useless on higher MPs and extra gear would help them become usefull again.
Reply Quote
I actually replied to a post recently concerning set items on Followers [url="http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/6794833022#6"]here[/url]. :)

We’re currently looking into some possibilities that would make using set items on Followers a more appealing choice in the future.

Allow the follower to have a helmet & armor.

I don't complain much at all. However a few years ago when I heard that followers would be able to wear rings and an amulet, I was excited. Well......suffice to say, when I saw that they cannot have helm or armor.....I was very disappointed in your development team.
Edited by BurningRope#1322 on 10/28/2012 5:51 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Sort of like in D2 :-)
Reply Quote
I agree that followers need helmet, armor, and even gloves to wear. As someone said above, it will only make the auction house generate more income if Blizzard needs a motivation to do so. I want more depth and usefulness for the followers, and not let them become obsolete in higher difficulties, because I prefer to solo, and having a follower is a great feature for those of us who play the game single-player.
Reply Quote
^^ +1
2H weapons except for Skorns are still unusable by barbs

I long for the day I get to use that sweet axe.
Reply Quote
+ 1 more item slots
Reply Quote

This this this this

~Regards
A Rampant AI~
Reply Quote
I really don't know why Blizzard designed the game so you can't equip followers with helms, boots, etc. Extremely poor decision for a game that revolves exclusively around items. Good luck getting set bonuses on more than just rings for your followers, even if set bonuses are allowed on followers.
Reply Quote
More item slots would be cool, especially since (like the weapons and shields), they "show" on the follower. The armor appearance on followers could reflect their playable-class cousins (ie, Enchantress armor looks like Wizards, Scoundrel like DH), or they could have their own unique appearance.

Having more slots to fill could lead to some interesting exploits. A follower equipped with a socketed helm (Ruby), two hellfire rings, and Cain's Fate set = 50-60% experience gain, correct? This would REALLY discourage team play.
Reply Quote
10/28/2012 02:30 PMPosted by SDCrippler
Followers would probably have to be rebalanced in someway to accomodate the extra gear

no, I think the extra gear COULD BE the rebalancing, cuz followers SUCK now.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I actually replied to a post recently concerning set items on Followers [url="http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/6794833022#6"]here[/url]. :)

why can we not just hive followers a full set of gear or alllow them to use a full set? this would make them not useless as much as they are still and would greatly help them. and its wanted by alot it wont break anything as stands followers have lil to no dps and well if your soloing mp they die instantly even in mp1.
Reply Quote

I really don't know why Blizzard designed the game so you can't equip followers with helms, boots, etc. Extremely poor decision for a game that revolves exclusively around items. Good luck getting set bonuses on more than just rings for your followers, even if set bonuses are allowed on followers.

Well, the fewer variables you have, the easier it is to balance the follower's strength (usefulness, not STR stat). They wanted the followers without anything to be generically X useful, but they only wanted them to be potentially Y useful with the best equipment out there. It's easier to scale X into Y with minimal gear slots as each added gear slot either gives them less control on Y (maximum usefulness) or more nerfing of every other gear slots' power to maintain Y with all gear slots filled with the best gear.

In short, they are trying carefully not to op followers.
Reply Quote
How about make unique follower sets? that would be cool for one of the big content type patch updates you guys have been doing lately.

Very impressed with last two patches, keep up the content changes and not just tweaks, it's way awesome to see this game truly evolve. I stopped using RMAH because the market crashed, but in exchange, you guys made the game actually FUN

thanks Blizz
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]