Diablo® III

Lost my items due to a bug.

Last night at about 1130 I was farming in Act 2. I am a gear swapper and I had just swapped to my MF gear for the last few hits on an elite mob. After killing them and picking up my loot I had a full inventory.

I still had my inventory screen open and clicked on the town portal. A few ticks before I portaled I noticed my screen lagged and my inventory flashed and was blank. I get to town with my inventory still open and guess what? It was empty. Panicking a little I immediatly port back to check the ground and nothing was lying on the ground. I port back to town and check stash. Nothing. I log out and back in and still nothing. I completely log out of the game and open it back up. Same thing.

I tried and tried to log into the website to get a ticket submitted but sure enough, maintenance being performed due to the "Authenticator Server" issue. I wanted to hit up my profile to take a screenie of my gear to upload as proof of actually owning the items so Blizz doesn't think I'm trying to scam them but couldn't do to the website issues.

So 7am I was able to finally submit and luckily was able to take a screenshot of my Barb still wearing the gear I had lost.

I get an email back (7 hours later) saying that I wasn't hacked and that all my items and gold are safe. What?! I lost all my items. That was what the ticket was.

I answered the GM with a very dumbed down explanation of what happened and that I want a rollback to a few hours before the bug. Currently I feel as if they are going to say "Well, you are out of luck. GG"

I have put a ton of hours into my barb and spent millions on my gear. If I am going to lose it because of an issue on Blizzards side I'm going to be one very angry customer and will probably never buy another Blizzard product again. I'm hoping that I found a genuine bug that Blizzard will test and fix so others don't get screwed like I was. I submitted this to the support thread as well but wanted to give the general public a heads up.

I know it looks and sounds fishy because of all the damn dupping that is going on but this is an honest issue and I want to warn people to this issue so it doesn't happen to them.
Reply Quote
Well you're still wearing stuff on your barb, and to be honest your story sounds a bit iffy. If I'd to put money on it I'd say that you're trying to scam Blizz.

Or you know maybe this had something to do with it.
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7004403286
Edited by Tagger#1509 on 11/1/2012 4:08 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I really hope the gear showing on your profile is replacement stuff, I wouldn't worry to much if that was the stuff you lost.

oh thats right your a swapper, so only the mf gear is left,hmmmm epic bummer
Edited by Theguffin#1566 on 11/1/2012 4:14 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Nuh uh.
Reply Quote
11/01/2012 04:01 PMPosted by HeMan
I am a gear swapper

People still gear swap?
Thought people stopped doing that months ago.
Reply Quote
11/01/2012 04:01 PMPosted by HeMan
I answered the GM with a very dumbed down explanation of what happened and that I want a rollback to a few hours before the bug. Currently I feel as if they are going to say "Well, you are out of luck. GG"

They probably will.

First of all, they can't do a rollback to a few hours before the incident occurred, except by blind luck. They have limited restore points available. My guess is that they only have one per character at a time.

But that's not relevant, because they only grant rollbacks to those who have been *cough* hacked *cough*. If you drop all your items and leave the game - no rollback. If a strange bug like you describe deletes all your items while you're portaling - no rollback.
Reply Quote
Thats what u get for being a gear swapper. Too bad so sad.
Reply Quote
It was my main gear and there is nothing wrong with swapping. I don't get the point of trying to troll that fact. Doesn't work on me so good tries I suppose. My profile does show the gear I lost and I am surprised it still shows it. I don't know how often they update it.

If you want, take my gear stats and go to diablo progress and search for how many of that item has those stats. I guarantee it should show 0 unless it hasn't updated. There are ways to tell when things are being duped ya know. Do me a favor and check it out. I know it sounds fishy thats why I think Blizz is going to say GG. Unless one gm goes out of his way and does a scan for the stats on the gear I lost and see's they are no longer being used in the game world. Should be easy to do that now with that site. That's how we know things are being duped afterall. I'm honestly not trying to scam but get my items back.

I don't see how me getting a rollback to a few hours before my 6 hours of farming is a gain if I was scamming, do you?
Reply Quote
I really hope the gear showing on your profile is replacement stuff, I wouldn't worry to much if that was the stuff you lost.

oh thats right your a swapper, so only the mf gear is left,hmmmm epic bummer

Yeah, I only have my MF gear now lol. In the past week I have upgraded and still have my old gear that gave me 65k dps. I got up to 105k with the gear I lost and I spent millions buying and gemming it out. That's why I'm so freaked about being screwed by this bug. I hope they do some testing on it and realize that it is a bug and roll me back. I don't see why this would be a big issue.
Reply Quote
Gear Swapping still? using a macro were you? HMM.
Reply Quote
11/01/2012 04:44 PMPosted by BadtotheBone
Gear Swapping still? using a macro were you? HMM.

No macro's where being used. If they were, do you think I would send my issue to Blizzard? I'm sure they have ways of telling when things like that are being used on a user's game log.

Gear swapping doesn't mean someone uses a macro. Its not hard to play with inventory open and right click everything hold shift and right click and than left click to hit the mob one more time.

I don't care if some of you believe me or not, the issue is I lost gear to a bug porting with my inventory window open (which I have done plenty of times) So warning others to not tempt fate is worth it even if a lot of you guys are trolls (bad ones too, :) )
Edited by HeMan#1431 on 11/1/2012 4:49 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I've had loot disappear off the ground before I could pick it up in Act 3 Depths. I see that there are some gamers reporting it. I wonder if this is somehow connected.

Sounds like you got lucky. I think Blizzard is going to help me out on this one. Thank god. I guess I wont be swapping my gear for now on. Didn't really matter much as I hit the cap pretty easy on mp4.

Sucks I don't want to play and am leaving my game as is until this gets sorted. Would be pointless to farm when and if it gets rolled back and lose it all anyways. So we shall see.

I hate to say this but I hope that it happens to more people so it becomes an issue that Blizz looks into.
Reply Quote
11/01/2012 05:07 PMPosted by HeMan
Sucks I don't want to play and am leaving my game as is until this gets sorted. Would be pointless to farm when and if it gets rolled back and lose it all anyways. So we shall see.

Perhaps you missed this:

11/01/2012 04:20 PMPosted by Dralix

They probably will.

First of all, they can't do a rollback to a few hours before the incident occurred, except by blind luck. They have limited restore points available. My guess is that they only have one per character at a time.

But that's not relevant, because they only grant rollbacks to those who have been *cough* hacked *cough*. If you drop all your items and leave the game - no rollback. If a strange bug like you describe deletes all your items while you're portaling - no rollback.
Reply Quote
11/01/2012 05:12 PMPosted by Dralix

Perhaps you missed this:

They probably will.

I guess we shall see. Hope its not the latter as this doesn't make for good practice. Its a bug. It wasn't my fault so I don't see why I should be punished for it.
Reply Quote
They aren't punishing you, they simply have a policy of only doing rollbacks if they identify that an account was compromised. They decided that it's not worth the manpower to perform rollbacks or character restores for other reasons.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]