Diablo® III

Does anyone else miss maphack?

(Locked)

To begin with, I assume that D3 probably has some version of this out there, right? But like botting, I also assume that using this program would result in you being banned. Therefore, I (like most of you) haven't tried to find a version to run in D3.

BUT, I do fondly remember using MH on D2. I never bothered using Pindlebot or the autopick up programs- but MH made my runs so much more efficient and reasonable (read as "fun").

Again, I'm not telling anyone to go download a MH program on their computer (you'll probably pick the wrong site and have your system hacked anyway), but wouldn't it be nice to be able to use the program to locate the Wardens and elite packs?

Those two features by themselves are enough to get excited about- Log in, see packs outlined on your fully revealed map, run to them, repeat. It would be like the runs from yester-years.

*Sigh* Back to reality I suppose.
lol, there is no need for maphack in this watered down nearly 100% static game
11/05/2012 05:53 AMPosted by Tony
Unless map hack shows me where the key warden is hiding why bother?

That's exactly what it does or at least that's how the old version worked in D2- Everything that you would want to know about was highlighted on the map. So mini bosses (Izual for instance), shrines etc.

In D3 it would be used exclusively to find random packs and Wardens. The levels are obviously easy to figure out by themselves.

Understand people, this is a "wouldn't it be nice" for nostalgia sake thread. If you haven't used MH in the past or you're unfamiliar with how it works, the benefit may go over your head.
11/05/2012 05:58 AMPosted by Drake
I don't miss it, because I never used it. And mostly because I'm not so pathetic at games as to need one. Seriously, the so called map hack for Diablo II was about the height of stupid, weak cheating in any game, ever. I have zero respect for anyone who used it. They have to be absolutely pathetic, weak, mouth breathing simpletons to need a map hack for Diablo. Seriously.

Sure sure- sounds good buddy. I'll make sure to find some quiet time later on today to feel bad about myself.

**Edit for your edit- If I could skip whites in this game and go straight to packs I would do it in a heartbeat. If you think Diablo games are about killing every monster and opening every chest, then clearly you and I have a difference of opinion on efficiency.
Edited by Hippyhell#1872 on 11/5/2012 6:02 AM PST
This could be a nice tool, this can really save our time on running around, but if it is really exists, use it as your own risk.
90 Night Elf Death Knight
google is your friend, also so is elitepvpers.de

I don't recommend using a map reveal as you may be banned and the one that is out does not show wardens as it was coded in 1.02 and just shows the map cleared.

maybe just play the game normally? or is that too non diablo-ish.
Cheating cheater misses cheating in Diablo 3.. Excellent job Blizzard keeping this tool from cheating.
This thread disgusts me, i hope you get banned.
11/05/2012 06:07 AMPosted by pixelrage
Cheating cheater misses cheating in Diablo 3.. Excellent job Blizzard keeping this tool from cheating.

You think Blizzard is keeping me from using MH? I used it in D2 when I got tired of playing and didn't care if my account was banned. If I get bored with D3 (which is bound to happen some day), then I'll probably do all kinds of things that would be considered to be in poor taste.

My interest or lack thereof will control what I do in this game.
11/05/2012 06:09 AMPosted by chasa619
This thread disgusts me, i hope you get banned.

I might, who knows? Thankfully reddit/cnet/deadspin etc. don't ban people based on their D3 activity so I'll probably be alright.

Good feedback though.
No maphack is stupid, y make an ez game easier
11/05/2012 06:09 AMPosted by Hippyhell

You think Blizzard is keeping me from using MH? I used it in D2 when I got tired of playing and didn't care if my account was banned. If I get bored with D3 (which is bound to happen some day), then I'll probably do all kinds of things that would be considered to be in poor taste.

My interest or lack thereof will control what I do in this game.

Of course you'll do things that would be considered to be in poor taste.. I wouldn't expect you to change who you are... cheater.

Of course you'll do things that would be considered to be in poor taste.. I wouldn't expect you to change who you are... cheater.

Yes, but cheater past tense. I don't currently cheat in D3 because I still enjoy playing it.

Think of it like using a gameshark on SNES. You don't use it on a game the minute you open it. First you have to feel like you've really beat the content, and then you give yourself unlimited lives or insane damage so on and so forth.

Or think of it like the trainers from D1 (Boba Fett anyone?). You get your fill of the game, then you do whatever with it when it becomes boring for you.

Yes, but cheater past tense. I don't currently cheat in D3 because I still enjoy playing it.

Think of it like using a gameshark on SNES. You don't use it on a game the minute you open it. First you have to feel like you've really beat the content, and then you give yourself unlimited lives or insane damage so on and so forth.

Or think of it like the trainers from D1 (Boba Fett anyone?). You get your fill of the game, then you do whatever with it when it becomes boring for you.

So you're a cheater.. got it.
Maphacks contradicts everything that Diablo stands for. That's why layouts are randomized in the first place.

You talk of efficiency and, sure, that's fine if that's your thing but YOU WERE CHEATING back when you played Diablo II. You talk about the "good ol' days" and all I can think of is frustration while playing public games. I'm glad there are systems in place to prevent you from cheating.

Note: this isn't a personal attack. It is a very strong "NO!" to your post.

Ohhh Pixel- You forgot to read my last post! What an imagination you have...

Ohhh Pixel- You forgot to read my last post! What an imagination you have...

I read your last post, where you say you're a cheater.. you even cheat at SNES.. once a cheater, always a cheater. So put some PR spin on it cheater, it won't change that you've exposed yourself as a fraud.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]