Diablo® III

Does anyone else miss maphack?

(Locked)

Wow! It's been a while since I've seen such a one dimensional, black and white, you did something once and you are therefore labelled as such for the rest of your life, I don't want to consider anything anyone says and I'm absolutely right, kind of person.

Thanks for the laugh.

He admitted doing it more than once, there's a history going back to the SNES and gameshark.. he's into cheating, he's not ashamed of it, he just likes to spin it into something it's not. Comparing cheating using a maphack to buying gear using legitimate methods. It's just absurd, but obviously you also cheat and are okay with it. Let me guess, you did it "once"...

I also laughed.

More importantly who cares? How sad is it that this is just a dear diary post admitting he cheated? I feel its pretty self centered to write on a gaming forum about personal issues or feelings, its basically a blog post. Oh but wait if he gets banned he has reddit and all those other sites, but sadly Diablo 3 general forums is his go to site for writing blog posts. I have a feeling people don't give his posts the time of day on other sites so he has to get his attention elsewhere.

I mean a thread where you said you miss cheating? How starved for content are you? This is even more "dear diary" than the rest of your posts.

Lol 3 pages of you arguing for the sake of it? Trolls have a way of keeping useless threads going and you are doing it perfectly. It's fairly easy to incite an argument, especially when so many people already hate you for what you are.

Not only are you a troll, but now you admit to being a cheater.

You're so simple sometimes it's astounding.

I'd explain why, but you're just here for entertainment and that would be too much like work.

So just keep doing what you're doing as you're only affect continues to be bumping my threads (and making me smile).

I'm so simple, but yet you can't tell me the goal of any of your posts? Which should be the simplest thing for you. You are going to dismiss anything that doesn't align with your ideas so whats the point of arguing with you? I haven't seen anyone get a kick out of arguing as much as you do, which to me is SAD.

Anytime your backs against the wall, its not worth your time explaining. That is always convenient when arguing on the internet, you sir are a pro troll I won't deny you that. I'm sure you smile when you are trolling or arguing as this is the highlight of your day, or atleast thats the way you make it seem like. Seems like such a sad story to me looking in to the way you are. No matter what you say you will always be sad to me.
I didn't mind maphack in d2..but also not that d3 doesnt need a mh. I mean in d2 you farmed more then one act. Remember when you ran count, andy, summoner, meph, trav, pindle, nyth and baal. Most of the people in here screaming cheating cheating and cheating used meph bots, picket or duped runes. How many of you guys packed on an engima. Its just daiblo 3 you kill everything. Diablo 2 you skipped everything just for the bosses. If we could farm all 3 key wardens in one run, then that may bring a use for a mh. Until then maphack would just be a waiste of computer memory. Also not for the kids screaming cheating. Where were you when the god-mode wiz was running diablo 3 into the ground. What about the chineseeeeeeese @$$holes that were stealing accounts. Wait a minute, didnt you bash the people that bought diablo 2 items from black markets. Now look at what diablo has became. So whats wrong with maphack?
Edited by jacobsdiablo#1422 on 11/5/2012 8:45 AM PST

Cheating being wrong isn't the same as the weathers effect on the election. Not even close. I'm not mentioning the weather, I'm calling you out for voting twice.

I use the word 'fraud' in the sense that you cheat, so you are "one that defrauds" aka, a cheat. So I used it properly.

Easier.

Is it really possible that my explanation went that over your head? I was evaluating the level of effect your input had on me and how I consider the things that you're trying to now point out. In other words, your rebuttal shows that you have no idea what I did there.

A fraud is someone who passes themselves off for something they are not. "One that defrauds" doesn't make the use here any more correct.

Dictionary 101: Just because the word "cheat" is listed as a synonym doesn't mean it's application is right in this context.

And thank you for writing "easier" at the bottom after screwing up both of your points. You're always good for a laugh.

Instead of fraud I'll use troll from now on.. since every one of your threads takes the same exact turn. An excuse for you to thump your chest and claim intellectual superiority over others. A way for you to feel important because you create a thread and it gets pages of replies. Every argument degrades into you claiming victory, and stating how you don't care what anyone thinks etc.. etc... lather rinse repeat. Your act is getting tired. You should name your next thread "look at me! look at me!!".

Here's an example of one of your threads.

Hippy: Random title that will provoke responses.

Forum poster 1: I disagree.

Hippy: You obviously didn't understand anything because I'm super smart and you're not. I laugh, you are like a yapping dog and a child pulling at my pants..

Forum post 1: Huh?

Hippy: My opinions are facts, because I have a good job. I laugh at you. (chortles)

Repeat.

More importantly who cares? How sad is it that this is just a dear diary post admitting he cheated? I feel its pretty self centered to write on a gaming forum about personal issues or feelings, its basically a blog post. Oh but wait if he gets banned he has reddit and all those other sites, but sadly Diablo 3 general forums is his go to site for writing blog posts. I have a feeling people don't give his posts the time of day on other sites so he has to get his attention elsewhere.

I mean a thread where you said you miss cheating? How starved for content are you? This is even more "dear diary" than the rest of your posts.

Do people actually write on reddit and the other sites I mentioned? That must be something to see. Anyway I go to those sites to kill time- the same way I do here. I don't bother posting there because my opinion on the similarities between the Ipad 4 and Nexus 10 aren't interesting enough for me to write about (in my opinion).

However, I'd like to point out that it's pretty sweet that I get to have an active conversation with people who have similar nostalgic feelings for something in my diary posts. Thanks for playing along.

Do people actually write on reddit and the other sites I mentioned? That must be something to see. Anyway I go to those sites to kill time- the same way I do here. I don't bother posting there because my opinion on the similarities between the Ipad 4 and Nexus 10 aren't interesting enough for me to write about (in my opinion).

However, I'd like to point out that it's pretty sweet that I get to have an active conversation with people who have similar nostalgic feelings for something in my diary posts. Thanks for playing along.

Lol I guess the 2 to 3 replies that stay on topic are enough fuel for you to continue a pointless thread? Again sad you can't see that your thread really doesn't mean or do anything and you can't walk away. I know those kind of people and I know its hard for you, but in time you will learn. Hopefully it won't be too late for you to.

Who has nostalgia about cheating? lol i find that funny. And thank you for admitting this is a diary post. Its either a diary post or a blog post by definition. This thread does not help Diablo 3 tackle any issues or help improve the game so it shouldn't belong on general forums anyway.

I can set you up a nice blog site with your choice of technology (wordpress, joomla, drupal) just let me know man! I can do my charity work for the day (besides bumping this useless thread to give you some meaning to your day).
Edited by Shanks#1814 on 11/5/2012 8:57 AM PST

I'm so simple, but yet you can't tell me the goal of any of your posts? Which should be the simplest thing for you. You are going to dismiss anything that doesn't align with your ideas so whats the point of arguing with you? I haven't seen anyone get a kick out of arguing as much as you do, which to me is SAD.

Anytime your backs against the wall, its not worth your time explaining. That is always convenient when arguing on the internet, you sir are a pro troll I won't deny you that. I'm sure you smile when you are trolling or arguing as this is the highlight of your day, or atleast thats the way you make it seem like. Seems like such a sad story to me looking in to the way you are. No matter what you say you will always be sad to me.

The sad thing is that I did take the time to explain the point of writing a thread over and over to you, but it went completely over your head. Whatever you consider yourself to be, the fact of the matter is that I have traditionally had to use a very basic way of speaking to you because you tend to miss the more subtle points I make in writing responses.

At first I thought it was my fault and that the way I was writing wasn't translating well over the internet. But when others caught on to what I was getting at in the very same post, I realized that the issue was with you.

I don't bother with you because you're a lost cause. I have to trot myself along at a snails pace so you can be part of the conversation, which is a chore that I won't participate in.

The solution is obvious- treat you like an amusement and continue on with others who aren't having as much trouble.
I just want the location of the key warden without having to waste my time running through the Oasis.
11/05/2012 08:43 AMPosted by jacobsdiablo
I didn't mind maphack in d2..but also not that d3 doesnt need a mh. I mean in d2 you farmed more then one act. Remember when you ran count, andy, summoner, meph, trav, pindle, nyth and baal. Most of the people in here screaming cheating cheating and cheating used meph bots, picket or duped runes. How many of you guys packed on an engima. Its just daiblo 3 you kill everything. Diablo 2 you skipped everything just for the bosses. If we could farm all 3 key wardens in one run, then that may bring a use for a mh. Until then maphack would just be a waiste of computer memory. Also not for the kids screaming cheating. Where were you when the god-mode wiz was running diablo 3 into the ground. What about the chineseeeeeeese @$$holes that were stealing accounts. Wait a minute, didnt you bash the people that bought diablo 2 items from black markets. Now look at what diablo has became. So whats wrong with maphack?

Well let me start by saying that the traditional MH that we used in D2 is apparently not available for D3 (if I understand the earlier responders post correctly). But what I was hoping to see was something in D3 that resembled D2's points of interest feature (the part of MH that let you see sub boss locations and the like). I would think that those features could be switched over to warden location and elite pack location.

So imagine being able to join A1 in D3, go to the festering woods, locate the two dungeons and a few random mobs, finish your 5 stacks elsewear doing the same, and then go to the Dalghar oasis to instantly find the warden.

Seems like there's an advantage to that.
I forgot the part where he says:

"what I said went over your head"

and

"you missed the subtle points"

and there it is.. the yapping dog thing.. right on cue.

Too predictable now.

The sad thing is that I did take the time to explain the point of writing a thread over and over to you, but it went completely over your head. Whatever you consider yourself to be, the fact of the matter is that I have traditionally had to use a very basic way of speaking to you because you tend to miss the more subtle points I make in writing responses.

At first I thought it was my fault and that the way I was writing wasn't translating well over the internet. But when others caught on to what I was getting at in the very same post, I realized that the issue was with you.

I don't bother with you because you're a lost cause. I have to trot myself along at a snails pace so you can be part of the conversation, which is a chore that I won't participate in.

The solution is obvious- treat you like an amusement and continue on with others who aren't having as much trouble.

Really? Because usually your threads get out of hand, and people go way off topic. You write general opinions about how you feel and expect people to conform or reinforce your opinion and when they don't they you dismiss them. That sound like the general outline of all your threads. pixels example of how your threads usually end up basically sums it up. I read your posts and the only way to take it is at face value, because your points don't really fuel constructive argument, but they are very good at inciting a troll fest. I know you look at your threads and have a false sense of being proud, but if you go through most of the posts you will see that a majority of is basically people countering your troll.

Subtle points? Really? How does a thread about having nostalgia about cheating helpful to this game? Please explain that to me. All I asked in any of your threads is how what you say in your OP is correlated to helping this game. You can never answer that and looking at your topics you never will. You get a very few people who even participate on topic in your threads and the rest are people just hating on you, and you look at the few people and think your threads are successful? You get multiple pages because it just becomes you arguing with select few people (in this thread its me, and us arguing is keeping this thread a float, because otherwise its useless)

Do you really think you are better than everyone? Because you really make it seem like you believe that. Isn't it sad though that you come on a gaming forum and beat your chest and portray your arrogance on people. Somehow I feel like you are a type of person who talks a big game on the internet and really quiet when !@#$ gets real. Those are the types of people who have to go on forums and try to show some sort of dominance, what better way than to start troll threads. LOL still so sad to me.

My charity offer still stands. By being a better person and helping those in need I hope I can make you a better person :')
Edited by Shanks#1814 on 11/5/2012 9:25 AM PST

and

Too predictable now.

The reason this looks familiar is because I say it to you and shanks daily on here. I will continue saying it to both of you, because neither one of you have bothered stepping out of that role.

Both of you clearly aren't programmed for debating, but you stick around like you're going to have a breakthrough in one of these threads. You won't, and you should know that by now. But at least you picked up on how I'm going to belittle you. Good deductive reasoning shown there.

and

Too predictable now.

The reason this looks familiar is because I say it to you and shanks daily on here. I will continue saying it to both of you, because neither one of you have bothered stepping out of that role.

Both of you clearly aren't programmed for debating, but you stick around like you're going to have a breakthrough in one of these threads. You won't, and you should know that by now. But at least you picked up on how I'm going to belittle you. Good deductive reasoning shown there.

Hahaha you think you are belittling us? Honestly whatever comes out your mouth just makes you looks more and more like a douchebag, we are just making it easier for you to do that to yourself. If people don't already know you are douche they will eventually. This thread has become basically us 3, so it should let you know how important your threads really are. LOL

Let's one day, hypothetically, you do become the bigger man and you stop arguing because it fun to you...your threads will die pretty fast because they are dumb. We are just making it so you have something to do during your day, so you have some purpose. Sadly yours is to argue on a gaming forum.

I think more people would be receptive to you if you didn't act like such a ______________

*let's let others fill in that blank

EDIT: Damn I bumped this dying thread again, Hippy rejoices! Sorry everyone else.
Edited by Shanks#1814 on 11/5/2012 9:41 AM PST
11/05/2012 09:07 AMPosted by Hippyhell
But what I was hoping to see was something in D3 that resembled D2's points of interest feature (the part of MH that let you see sub boss locations and the like). I would think that those features could be switched over to warden location and elite pack location.
D3 does actually have a version of this. For example, in act 3 when you're lighting the signal fires or destroying the demon catapults, you can see an icon for the quest object on your minimap before that area is explored. Same will happen when you're nearing then exit of a zone (although, I think it's only when you're approaching a quest objective), you get a blinking yellow circle, or the yellow arrow.

No where near what maphack was, but makes you wonder if Blizzard took it into consideration.

and

Too predictable now.

^
Thumps chest.. claims victory.. (yawn)
11/05/2012 10:10 AMPosted by StarFox
? walk to the top right of map....? profit?

lol- Yes, I agree that the maps are in no way random or hard to figure out.

It's more about the perks that came along with MH (location of key events and characters).

Hahaha you think you are belittling us? Honestly whatever comes out your mouth just makes you looks more and more like a douchebag, we are just making it easier for you to do that to yourself. If people don't already know you are douche they will eventually. This thread has become basically us 3, so it should let you know how important your threads really are. LOL

Let's one day, hypothetically, you do become the bigger man and you stop arguing because it fun to you...your threads will die pretty fast because they are dumb. We are just making it so you have something to do during your day, so you have some purpose. Sadly yours is to argue on a gaming forum.

I think more people would be receptive to you if you didn't act like such a ______________

*let's let others fill in that blank

EDIT: Damn I bumped this dying thread again, Hippy rejoices! Sorry everyone else.

If you took away your respones along with pixels, and then took mine away to the both of you, this thread would have already received a great response. The same could be said of every thread I make that goes on for a number of pages.

Whatever effect you think you're having, and whatever view point you think you're creating of me doesn't exist. As I've said before, the internet doesn't have a memory for these things.
11/05/2012 09:41 AMPosted by Bricken
But what I was hoping to see was something in D3 that resembled D2's points of interest feature (the part of MH that let you see sub boss locations and the like). I would think that those features could be switched over to warden location and elite pack location.
D3 does actually have a version of this. For example, in act 3 when you're lighting the signal fires or destroying the demon catapults, you can see an icon for the quest object on your minimap before that area is explored. Same will happen when you're nearing then exit of a zone (although, I think it's only when you're approaching a quest objective), you get a blinking yellow circle, or the yellow arrow.

No where near what maphack was, but makes you wonder if Blizzard took it into consideration.

I had the very same thought. That's what made me question what the author of the previous post was saying (about the game creating the map as you went). I'm not saying he's wrong, but I'm curious to know how those points are available when you're completely across the map from them. Also, how does the game program in the guaranteed pack locations? There's always one pack in the Road to Alcarnus just over the bridge- Therefore there has to be some kind of hard coding for that. If it exists, I would think a MH could show it.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]