Diablo® III

Does anyone else miss maphack?

(Locked)

11/05/2012 06:09 AMPosted by chasa619
This thread disgusts me, i hope you get banned.

Wouldnt it be awesome to be banned from a single player game with co-op?
But hell, they are already kicking me from my single player game if I go to have something to eat.
Kicked for AFK in a single player game, well done designers at Blizzard!

Hahaha you think you are belittling us? Honestly whatever comes out your mouth just makes you looks more and more like a douchebag, we are just making it easier for you to do that to yourself. If people don't already know you are douche they will eventually. This thread has become basically us 3, so it should let you know how important your threads really are. LOL

Let's one day, hypothetically, you do become the bigger man and you stop arguing because it fun to you...your threads will die pretty fast because they are dumb. We are just making it so you have something to do during your day, so you have some purpose. Sadly yours is to argue on a gaming forum.

I think more people would be receptive to you if you didn't act like such a ______________

*let's let others fill in that blank

EDIT: Damn I bumped this dying thread again, Hippy rejoices! Sorry everyone else.

If you took away your respones along with pixels, and then took mine away to the both of you, this thread would have already received a great response. The same could be said of every thread I make that goes on for a number of pages.

Whatever effect you think you're having, and whatever view point you think you're creating of me doesn't exist. As I've said before, the internet doesn't have a memory for these things.

Lol I thought you were done with me? Oh wait, you wouldn't have anything to do then. =/

The internet doesn't need a memory, you remind people what you are on a daily basis.
Ok you bunch of hypocrites... if you find a c-note on the ground and there's a cop car parked along the curb 10 feet in front of you, are you going to do like the law says you should and turn that bill into the cops? (They'll take your name and if they can't find the rightful owner they'll get back in touch with you and you can have the cash.)

OR.... are you going to be a cheater... a rotten to the core criminal..... fold that bill up and put it in your pocket?

You act like somebody who plays a stupid video game should live by some religiously high moral standard that you don't live by in your real lives. Get off the computer, get a tan, get frikkin real.

Imagine the look on my face one day when I went into work and the boss tells me I have to go down to security. When I asked why the boss replied "I don't know, but they want to see you."

I wracked my brain the whole way down there as to what I could have possibly done that security wanted to see me about.

I get there, tell them my name and that my boss said they wanted to see me, to which the guard said "Oh yes, this is yours." as he hands me an envelope. Confused I open it up and inside is the very nice watch I had turned into lost and found thirty days before.

Don't assume that because apparently you're a thief who would not have turned that watch in and Hippy is a cheater at games that everyone else is as well.
Does anyone else miss maphack?

->No.
11/05/2012 06:01 AMPosted by Hippyhell
I don't miss it, because I never used it. And mostly because I'm not so pathetic at games as to need one. Seriously, the so called map hack for Diablo II was about the height of stupid, weak cheating in any game, ever. I have zero respect for anyone who used it. They have to be absolutely pathetic, weak, mouth breathing simpletons to need a map hack for Diablo. Seriously.

Sure sure- sounds good buddy. I'll make sure to find some quiet time later on today to feel bad about myself.

**Edit for your edit- If I could skip whites in this game and go straight to packs I would do it in a heartbeat. If you think Diablo games are about killing every monster and opening every chest, then clearly you and I have a difference of opinion on efficiency.

This only held true for Diablo 2, hence cow level.

It was fun and progressive, sometimes just to troll around and show off while helping newbies.

In diablo 3, its so damn boring you wish you could skip every white mob or have a map specified to just magic find/item drops.

Lol I thought you were done with me? Oh wait, you wouldn't have anything to do then. =/

The internet doesn't need a memory, you remind people what you are on a daily basis.

I'm done with you in the same way I would be done having a serious discussion with a little kid. I'll still respond when it fits my agenda, but the whole point is to entertain myself as opposed to trying to run a meaningful exchange. It will be win/win. I'll be entertained, which is what I want, and you'll keep bumping my thread, which is what you want.

I'm assuming that last line is supposed to be ironic (based on how long I've been on here for).

Imagine the look on my face one day when I went into work and the boss tells me I have to go down to security. When I asked why the boss replied "I don't know, but they want to see you."

I wracked my brain the whole way down there as to what I could have possibly done that security wanted to see me about.

I get there, tell them my name and that my boss said they wanted to see me, to which the guard said "Oh yes, this is yours." as he hands me an envelope. Confused I open it up and inside is the very nice watch I had turned into lost and found thirty days before.

Don't assume that because apparently you're a thief who would not have turned that watch in and Hippy is a cheater at games that everyone else is as well.

Who's assuming? Do you think people found their way to Baal's room in record time because they were lucky?

Here's a reminder of what it was like to do Baal runs in D2:

1.Join game, go sit by TP location.
2.Wait literally 10 seconds, walk through TP (and assuming you aren't getting baited) kill Baal.

It was obvious when someone had MH in D2. Baal runs were just one way you could tell, but obviously there were others.

Hence why I made the thread- there's a proven group of people who did it who would relate to the experience I posted.
Oh,look,another Hippy fail tread....
11/05/2012 10:40 AMPosted by Amiscar
Oh,look,another Hippy fail tread....

Fact.

I'm done with you in the same way I would be done having a serious discussion with a little kid. I'll still respond when it fits my agenda, but the whole point is to entertain myself as opposed to trying to run a meaningful exchange. It will be win/win. I'll be entertained, which is what I want, and you'll keep bumping my thread, which is what you want.

I'm assuming that last line is supposed to be ironic (based on how long I've been on here for).

There's the same old Hippy! That second sentence basically sums up all your threads, so thanks for doing that. Basically you just admitted to trolling. Which is a big step, I'm proud of you. So you lose arguments to little kids IRL because you can never explain yourself, or when you try to you just beat around the bush. Seems about right to me. Oh but more likely you probably look at everyone as a little kid. You think you are all high and mighty and better than everyone, but you are not..in the end you are a troll which on the internet is the low of the low, but you seem to enjoy that so more power to you.

I bump this thread while trying to respond to you, so saying that is my goal is plain silly, even for you. Trolling for entertainment, I think you just hit a new low, but you seem to hit those on a daily basis so you probably don't even notice.
11/05/2012 10:18 AMPosted by Hippyhell
D3 does actually have a version of this. For example, in act 3 when you're lighting the signal fires or destroying the demon catapults, you can see an icon for the quest object on your minimap before that area is explored. Same will happen when you're nearing then exit of a zone (although, I think it's only when you're approaching a quest objective), you get a blinking yellow circle, or the yellow arrow.

No where near what maphack was, but makes you wonder if Blizzard took it into consideration.

I had the very same thought. That's what made me question what the author of the previous post was saying (about the game creating the map as you went). I'm not saying he's wrong, but I'm curious to know how those points are available when you're completely across the map from them. Also, how does the game program in the guaranteed pack locations? There's always one pack in the Road to Alcarnus just over the bridge- Therefore there has to be some kind of hard coding for that. If it exists, I would think a MH could show it.

If there's always one pack in the Road to Alcarnus just over the bridge, you won't need a map hack to show you this. Perhaps instead of a map hack cheat, you should ask Blizzard to make all maps static with static mobs and you can just memorize everything. That can be your next thread topic.

The map can be generated on the server side, and fed in small portions to the client as needed. The server would know the location of any points and be able to show you the location without uncovering the entire map if that's how it's programmed.

How the game programs guaranteed pack locations? They place a marker and give it a trigger to spawn a pack in that location.
I loved it in D2 and thought it would have been good to have advance notice on where the enemies was, but blizzard wanted it's players to be surprised. Other games use this style to help the player, but if we can't use it no sweat, I still can have fun.

There's the same old Hippy! That second sentence basically sums up all your threads, so thanks for doing that. Basically you just admitted to trolling. Which is a big step, I'm proud of you. So you lose arguments to little kids IRL because you can never explain yourself, or when you try to you just beat around the bush. Seems about right to me. Oh but more likely you probably look at everyone as a little kid. You think you are all high and mighty and better than everyone, but you are not..in the end you are a troll which on the internet is the low of the low, but you seem to enjoy that so more power to you.

I bump this thread while trying to respond to you, so saying that is my goal is plain silly, even for you. Trolling for entertainment, I think you just hit a new low, but you seem to hit those on a daily basis so you probably don't even notice.

Make no mistake shanks, my response was to you directly. If you want to assume that I was referring to everyone, then feel free to jump to that conclusion. But the reality is that I am very much trolling you whenever you come into my threads, because you're just a play thing at this point.

Everyone else get's a fair shot to make their point.
11/05/2012 10:43 AMPosted by Hippyhell
Fact.

Indeed. Only you to miss MH and complain about it,lol. I guess D3 map "randomization" is too much for you to handle.
because you're just a play thing at this point.

..and there's the 'yapping dog' thing again, right on cue... tired troll needs new act.

Make no mistake shanks, my response was to you directly. If you want to assume that I was referring to everyone, then feel free to jump to that conclusion. But the reality is that I am very much trolling you whenever you come into my threads, because you're just a play thing at this point.

Everyone else get's a fair shot to make their point.

Haha play thing? (sounds weird to hear that as I'm a guy lol) Is it really playing if I don't have to do anything, and you keep on showing your true colors. If anything I thought I would have some fun exposing you, but you are doing all yourself, which is making as boring as your topics...

You can say that you directed towards me, but really you talk like that to everyone, even when you speak to people that agree with you (but they might disagree on 1 small point). Just the type of person you are, its understandable, but we are going to hold that against you especially when it so thoroughly shows in the way you talk to people. What has your life come to when your form of entertainment is arguing on the internet? Have some purpose for your time, if you are going to post on a gaming forum make sure you are trying to help the game or discuss issues with the game, but if you are going to write a blog do that elsewhere.

So what point is everyone else making? There isn't a point to this thread. You ask a question that has a yes or no answer and you expect a discussion?

Does anyone else miss cheating?

Answer: No.

If there's always one pack in the Road to Alcarnus just over the bridge, you won't need a map hack to show you this. Perhaps instead of a map hack cheat, you should ask Blizzard to make all maps static with static mobs and you can just memorize everything. That can be your next thread topic.

The map can be generated on the server side, and fed in small portions to the client as needed. The server would know the location of any points and be able to show you the location without uncovering the entire map if that's how it's programmed.

How the game programs guaranteed pack locations? They place a marker and give it a trigger to spawn a pack in that location.

Are you going to pretend that every elite location is guaranteed? The point is that if the system knows where the elites will be placed, then a MH program could conceivably also know.

Considering an aspect of the game was revealed to me that I was previously unaware of, I find the implications on MH to be rather interesting. Fun turn of events.
11/05/2012 10:55 AMPosted by Amiscar
Fact.

Indeed. Only you to miss MH and complain about it,lol. I guess D3 map "randomization" is too much for you to handle.

At first, no. But again, I played D2 on multiple play throughs, and after I was a thousand or so hours into my second one I realized that it was absolutely too much for me.

The game was boring at that point. I had no interest in playing it the way they had given it to me, so I adjusted it.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]