Diablo® III

Does anyone else miss maphack?

(Locked)

11/05/2012 06:01 AMPosted by Hippyhell
I'll make sure to find some quiet time later on today to feel bad about myself.
I LOL'ed
haha does anyone else recognize the OP yet? this guy always posts !@#$ haha

Haha play thing? (sounds weird to hear that as I'm a guy lol) Is it really playing if I don't have to do anything, and you keep on showing your true colors. If anything I thought I would have some fun exposing you, but you are doing all yourself, which is making as boring as your topics...

You can say that you directed towards me, but really you talk like that to everyone, even when you speak to people that agree with you (but they might disagree on 1 small point). Just the type of person you are, its understandable, but we are going to hold that against you especially when it so thoroughly shows in the way you talk to people. What has your life come to when your form of entertainment is arguing on the internet? Have some purpose for your time, if you are going to post on a gaming forum make sure you are trying to help the game or discuss issues with the game, but if you are going to write a blog do that elsewhere.

So what point is everyone else making? There isn't a point to this thread. You ask a question that has a yes or no answer and you expect a discussion?

Does anyone else miss cheating?

Answer: No.

As previously mentioned- You'll eventually disappear from my threads, as will pixel and the rest, and I'll continue posting. New people will come, they'll get tired and leave, and I'll continue posting.

This is a penalty free zone for me that I use to kill time at work and to get my point across on game changes. I get to leave this world behind and go home everyday where I have a very fulfilling existence (as mentioned Friday). Whatever problems you people try to escape on these forums don't exist in my life- I'm simply here because of those two reasons.

So have fun trying to derail me. No matter what you say or do, I'll come back tomorrow completely refreshed and in as good a mood as ever. And if I do eventually get perma banned, I'll move on to some other place to kill time without missing a beat. Easy as that.
You're a renegade.. a true American hero. Go get yourself another treat. Steal somebody's lunch out of the fridge..

:D
^ /thread

Haha play thing? (sounds weird to hear that as I'm a guy lol) Is it really playing if I don't have to do anything, and you keep on showing your true colors. If anything I thought I would have some fun exposing you, but you are doing all yourself, which is making as boring as your topics...

You can say that you directed towards me, but really you talk like that to everyone, even when you speak to people that agree with you (but they might disagree on 1 small point). Just the type of person you are, its understandable, but we are going to hold that against you especially when it so thoroughly shows in the way you talk to people. What has your life come to when your form of entertainment is arguing on the internet? Have some purpose for your time, if you are going to post on a gaming forum make sure you are trying to help the game or discuss issues with the game, but if you are going to write a blog do that elsewhere.

So what point is everyone else making? There isn't a point to this thread. You ask a question that has a yes or no answer and you expect a discussion?

Does anyone else miss cheating?

Answer: No.

As previously mentioned- You'll eventually disappear from my threads, as will pixel and the rest, and I'll continue posting. New people will come, they'll get tired and leave, and I'll continue posting.

This is a penalty free zone for me that I use to kill time at work and to get my point across on game changes. I get to leave this world behind and go home everyday where I have a very fulfilling existence (as mentioned Friday). Whatever problems you people try to escape on these forums don't exist in my life- I'm simply here because of those two reasons.

So have fun trying to derail me. No matter what you say or do, I'll come back tomorrow completely refreshed and in as good a mood as ever. And if I do eventually get perma banned, I'll move on to some other place to kill time without missing a beat. Easy as that.

You are right, I'll disappear as soon as I don't enjoy the game anymore. As my purpose is to come here and find out about the game and the direction it is going. You will stay on here as long as you get some attention, its that self serving bias again. You make posts you know will incite an argument, hence the only way your threads ever get any attention. This is your method this is what your day at work has come down, which is fine i'm just saying people looking from the outside in will find this very pathetic and sad, which you seem to be ok with.

I'm not trying to derail you, what I'm trying to do is working as intended. The more you talk the more you expose what you really are, and you even admitted to trolling, so that's half the battle.

obviously you are grasping for attention, my question is, don't these other sites you keep referring to have better exposure for your opinions and feelings? I think you would get the most attention there, so why not? How has a gaming forum become your #1 option for social interaction during your work day? All your posts just make it seem like you really need someone to talk to..Also if you were perma-banned you would lose the thing that brought some purpose to your day, and I don't think you would take it well at all.
I feel ya man. I used mh too. Loved it. Efficiency at its best for sure.

I also used pickit tho because I was tired of seeing green/orange items disappear before my eyes in baal runs. But, that was mainly because I was almost positive half the ppl in those runs had it as well. My theory was proved when my pickit still wouldn't be quick enough to grab some of them. The main reason pickit was amazing was that it colored the items differently and you could even manually adjust what color certain runes, gems, quality of items could be. The latest patches in d3 just started to address this which was nice to see. But there's no where near the customization of item coloring to suite certain players style of farming.

I don't use anything like that in d3 though because I don't really feel like its all that necessary. The maps are pretty easy to maneuver through and I've been killing trash and elite mobs for xp so I'm not sure I would even benefit much from MH in d3. Also separate drops makes a pickit program a little silly.

Unfortunately I think since the map layouts are so simple this had made running bots much easier. I never ran a bot in d2 but from what I know if you could run a bot in an area that was never a random layout, then you wouldn't have to use a mh type of program in conjunction which from my understanding is easily detectable by blizzard. So in making it less desirable to use map hack blizzard unintentionally made it much easier to bot I guess. hah
not so much maphack, i miss mostly PVP and the actual satisfaction when finding loot from say a mephisto run (even if it is the 25th run)
I only checked this thread to see if blizzard made you change your names. Glad they did.

what was this topic about again?
Edited by Bazinga#1788 on 11/5/2012 11:55 AM PST
11/05/2012 11:39 AMPosted by pixelrage
^ /thread

Why are you so butthurt? Almost everyone in d2 era used MH.

You don't even really need it anymore because most of the areas in d3 are static garbage.
11/05/2012 11:37 AMPosted by ellisD
Maphack is/was cheating.....
Yes it was. But I think the topic should be approached as "What if it wasn't (cheating)?

Of course we know the map layouts. Everyone's played act 3 enough to know the towers enter, they do a circle thing, and end in the middle. The additional information being questioned is what if you knew where the keywardens were ahead of time? Or elite packs?

Would you find it beneficial if you walked out of the Dahlgar Oasis waypoint and saw an arrow pointing to the keywarden?
Edited by Bricken#1788 on 11/5/2012 12:00 PM PST
Can you get a map hack in d3? Yes.
Is is against the EULA? Yes it is, same as in d2.
Will you get banned for using it? Probably not, same as in d2.

I don't see a point in this thread...
Maphack is probably one of the main reasons why the maps are not fully random as in Diablo 1 and 2.

If so many people are using maphacks, random maps are not really something the players want.
11/05/2012 11:55 AMPosted by Abysia
^ /thread

Why are you so butthurt? Almost everyone in d2 era used MH.

You don't even really need it anymore because most of the areas in d3 are static garbage.

The rallying cry of the cheater.. 'everyone is doing it'...
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]