Diablo® III

How often are you seeing good drops?

I see everyone here talking about the items they are getting while doing Act3 runs and I just don't get it. I am not using any extra magic find gear and I am at Paragon level 13 right now so my magic find is only around 113% before NV stacks. In gaining my 13 Paragon levels I have had a total of 2 legendries drop (both were crap and I salvaged them). I get a lot of rares and some of them have sold on the AH but most everything just gets vendered. Are those people talking about all the great loot using a lot of MF or just very high Paragon and so their MF is naturally high? How often you are guys seeing good drops and what is your MF at?
Reply Quote
key farming mp2 with +59% MF i probably find one legendary/set every 2-3 hrs - typically i try get 5 NB stacks, do one boss (zoltun kulle, butcher, or ghom), than clear the dungeon with the key warden

there are more efficient runs if you are focused only on exp or legendaries

recently found a really good unity that im wearing
and i found a weakish manticore as well, that was still an upgrade for me

you should pick up a socketed helm - it will help you level much faster
Edited by GabrielKnife#1126 on 11/6/2012 12:19 PM PST
Reply Quote
Depends on what you're expecting. Of what I'm wearing, I did find my amulet, chest, and belt from drops. I've also had a few legendaries drop that were worth a few million, but in general most have been junk. I'm not sure if the numbers pan out, but the way I look at it the chances for dropping legendaries and set items are so low that MF doesn't really make a largely noticeable difference, so it's mostly about grinding through and triggering lots of drops to see if the RNG gods are happy.

EDIT - I find a legendary or two every 8 hours, it seems. Sometimes it's more, sometimes I go through dry spells. I haven't found anything worthwhile in a week or so, but before that my belt and chest armor both dropped the same night...along with like two other legendaries. Random is random. :P
Edited by Oracle#1532 on 11/6/2012 12:21 PM PST
Reply Quote
your paragon is a bit low. once you hit 100% natural MF (para 33), I think you'll start seeing alot more drops. otherwise, just keep farming, ..it only takes one drop

o/
Reply Quote
Cool, Veritech. You've given me something to look forward to. :)
Reply Quote
your paragon is a bit low. once you hit 100% natural MF (para 33), I think you'll start seeing alot more drops. otherwise, just keep farming, ..it only takes one drop

o/

This. I can do speed runs in a group with just my para MF and see some good drops. I prefer MP2-3 for item farming though and then I just run MF on my follower for a boost. I find that once you hit over 300% MF and are clearing at a decent speed, you will see drops nearly every game, at the very least 2-3 a day.
Reply Quote
my mf is 302 and I usually do Machines of war to azmodan, and I'll find 1-2 legendarys per run. It's not always good, but they are dropping
Reply Quote
Got two set items last night, the legendarys were all garbage. I will attest to a lot of people here, once you hit greater paragon levels, they definitely drop a lot more frequently.
Reply Quote
You will find it eventually. BUT,

you want faster paragon level up, put the best ruby on your helmet and forget about items. You want to have chances to see a great item that will sold 100mil+, then near full MP is needed.

Not only you get a lot of garbage legend/set items, the value has dropped A LOT. I sold two items last week for about 50mil each but they were not legend/set items.
Reply Quote
The RNG gods must not like me very much. Only 2 legendary items ever which I am wearing ( bracers and pants).

I only farm a couple hours a week though so I don't expect to be showered with great items.
Reply Quote
View profile
I farm MP5 and run about 360 MF after NV. I tend to average about 2 to 3 legendary drops per Act 3 Alkaiser run... but they almost all tend to be brimstone worthy.

Case in point, I did one run this morning and had 5 legendaries and two set pieces drop...and while it definitely set a personal record for me in terms of quantity... not a single one is worth anything.
Edited by Tropicalypso#1473 on 11/6/2012 4:26 PM PST
Reply Quote
I farm MP5 and run about 360 MF after NV. I tend to average about 2 to 3 legendary drops per Act 3 Alkaiser run... but they almost all tend to be brimstone worthy.

Case in point, I did one run this morning and had 5 legendaries and two set pieces drop...and while it definitely set a personal record for me in terms of quantity... not a single one is worth anything.

That sucks man, I'm not getting drop rates that good but I get quality, but then I rarely go up to MP5. I may start now I have my Nat's set complete.
Edited by TrippyHippy#1819 on 11/6/2012 4:32 PM PST
Reply Quote
hundred M's worth? very rare, about once or twice a week at the most.

Legendary? Dunno, max i had was about 6 in a 20min run.
Brimstone? 90% of em legs.
Where? Higher mp lvls, more leg drops for me.
Edited by Rev0#3777 on 11/6/2012 5:56 PM PST
Reply Quote
I ran mp5 the ENTIRE act 3 twice with 290 MF and no legendaries. I havent had a set item since july. Legendaries seem to drop hardly at all for me, but I did manage to get 100+ mil dead man's while blowing through mp1 while trying something different.

Am I doing something wrong? Paragon 25 and I rarely get legendaries and never get set items. Ive tried alkaizer runs and dont get any legendaries drops. The only way ive seen drops is to stay in a game for a while and keep my NV buff. I played for probably 7 hours today, and got one legendary, granted a very good one.
Reply Quote
I got a very good roll on a Ice Climbers. Rolled double Strength with 12 Movement Speed. Besides that 10-25 mil set or legendary items every once in a while, mostly brimstones though.
Reply Quote
11/06/2012 12:00 PMPosted by JasPes
I am at Paragon level 13

Bad drops come with low paragon levels since you're at fairly low MF to begin with though

If you need a reference, I consistently get at least 1 legendary per ~7-8 act 3 maps on MP5-8 (btw I have max MF)
Edited by MysticaL#1298 on 11/14/2012 6:22 PM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]