Diablo® III

Advice needed. Account threatened.

So about three weeks ago the AH took around 20 million of my gold in a failed auction bid and did not return it and as well it also took an item i later tried to put up for auction. I have since been trying to get the gold and item back and have gotten the following response, threatening action against my account if i continue asking to e put in touch with someone wo is ale to rectify my situation.

Howdy,

This is Game Master Volsox and I am here to help out!

I apologize for not being able to contact you while you were online and for the time it took for me to get to your issue regarding a D3 auction house purchase.

Axl, I know you are very upset and I wish we could help you out in this situation. As we have told you in our multiple responses, is not because we don't want to help you, we simply do not have the capability to help with AH issues in D3. No one in the company can help with this issue, because this is something that we as a company have decided to be hands off on and we don't have the tools or the capability to help.

I know this is not what you want to hear and you have every right to be frusrated. I would be too in your situation. As a fellow D3 player and someone that understand your situation, I do not want to see any action taken against your account for excessive ticket creation, but if any more tickets are put in regarding this issue, we may have no choice but to take action against your acocunt.

Please believe me when I say we want to help, but we simply cannot in this situation. I apologize for this and I hope that you continue to enjoy your time in D3.

Regards,

Game Master Volsox
Customer Services

I personally find this insulting and not only that but abhorrently criminal in nature as we should have every right to expect support when it can be our actual money at stake.

I have made threads and called Blizzard in an attempt to rectify this. i have been told they know i lost the gold but refuse to return it? Has anyone in the same situation gotten any actual help? If so how did you manage to get your gold and or item returned? Is there any other recourse available to me other than the three avenues I have already explored.

I am deeply disappointed in this last response as it basically is telling me to shutup or lose my account.
Edited by Stoneslammer#1524 on 11/7/2012 9:27 PM PST
Reply Quote
So no one out there has had the AH keep their gold or item from a failed auction?
Reply Quote
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ For all those with the same problem and i know they are out there because i just found multiple threads from players having the same problem.
Reply Quote
I see a Blue response to a thread just recently maybe he can tell me why there is absolutely no support for the Auction houses and why tech support is directing us to send in tickets and then ask for an escalation of said ticket if there is absolutely NO AH support and we may get threatened with account action when doing so.

Care to respond to an actual question that has some bearing on the game and it's players?
Reply Quote
I've had the AH eat a large quanitity of gems I tried to place at once in AH, giving me a failed "escrow" error. I read up, heard responses similar to yours, and knew it would be a dead end, so I let it go. 20m is what you lost, is only $10..., u can afford to let it go.

But yes it is worrisome. I also understand the opposite side of the coin, that if they give gm's this power, they need bank-level security, because basically its a license to print money depending on the judgment of the GMs involved. I've played MMOs a whille, I know of GMs who got caught duping items for players....player's I've even grouped with. Its a decision they decided for ensuring the integrity of the game, they were better off not allowing themselves this ... i can understand that...

I suppose if it was really a huge loss, i'd be asking for a rollback. Not sure their policy on rollbacks since rollback duping has become a problem, but for $10...I'd just let it go.
Reply Quote
You won't get any blue response.

Your best bet is to do exactly what the email tells you to do.

Follow the link, and input your account information, and they will fix everything.
Reply Quote
What email? Are you on glue? ^^^^^
Reply Quote
I've had the AH eat a large quanitity of gems I tried to place at once in AH, giving me a failed "escrow" error. I read up, heard responses similar to yours, and knew it would be a dead end, so I let it go. 20m is what you lost, is only $10..., u can afford to let it go.

But yes it is worrisome. I also understand the opposite side of the coin, that if they give gm's this power, they need bank-level security, because basically its a license to print money depending on the judgment of the GMs involved. I've played MMOs a whille, I know of GMs who got caught duping items for players....player's I've even grouped with. Its a decision they decided for ensuring the integrity of the game, they were better off not allowing themselves this ... i can understand that...

I suppose if it was really a huge loss, i'd be asking for a rollback. Not sure their policy on rollbacks since rollback duping has become a problem, but for $10...I'd just let it go.

Same thing it was a failed escrow error thing. Anyways has been 3 weeks i have asked numerous times for it to be escalated "meaning a department other than plain old customer service." There is no understanding the other side of the coin. If they refuse to offer support for their product or a service continued within then one or the other should be pulled. or at the very least a warning in big letters on the game box saying."USE AUCTIONS HOUSES AT OWN RISK. THERE IS NO SUPPORT, PERIOD

I cant count the amount of times i see fanboys giving players who got trade scammed grief for not just using the AH but when using the AH you can be BLIZZARD scammed.

Also i got misled and passed between phone,forum and ticket support for over a week being told it will show up on its own. So who would want to roll back a weeks worth of playing? really it is the absolute worst CS i have ever seen. they agree gold/item is missing and they know the amount so why not just credit me the gold?
Reply Quote
i recently had the same issue. but it was unclear to me whether the item sold and the money was lost or if the item itself was lost. they told me the same thing as well: theres nothing they can do and post my problem in the bug forum. i just gave up...

btw my loss was 10mil or a priced to sell Calamity
Edited by jvfroman#1380 on 11/7/2012 10:59 PM PST
Reply Quote
Not sure what item you lost, but 20m gold is a whopping 10 bucks. Is that worth having your account suspended? Get over it.
Reply Quote
Yea the support forums tell you to put in a ticket then the ticket report sends you back to the forums where you get told to submit a ticket asking to escalate the situation. When you do that you get your account threatened. It gets worse and worse around here. How can you have Auction Houses and give no support at all? How can you in all good conscience send players to ticket support to have them sent back to you so you can repeat the former action again.

It is a lesson on how not to run your customer service department right here.
Reply Quote
11/07/2012 11:10 PMPosted by Malahk
Not sure what item you lost, but 20m gold is a whopping 10 bucks. Is that worth having your account suspended? Get over it.

Got to love these guys who instead of doing something about being screwed over they just take it dry. Wanna meet in game i got an item to rip you of..... err i mean sell you?

Why does the amount matter? Ever hear of the principal of the matter? Just think how many players may have lost even more. Then add it all up and toss it on the RMAH for real money. As far as I know this is a huge ripoff.

Anyway now that my account has been threatened I guess it needs to be taken to the next level. but as has been asked I will not actually put in another ticket on the matter.

Oh and it was 20 million and a chest piece that was 5 mil at the least maybe 10 mil at the most. Once again the amount is secondary to the treatment received.
Edited by Stoneslammer#1524 on 11/7/2012 11:15 PM PST
Reply Quote
And yet when they accidently 'misplace' money into your paypal account they are quick enough then to realise a mistake has taken place and to TAKE BACK the money.

If i were you i would just hope they misplace a few hundred dollars into your paypal account.
Then when they send an e-mail stating they will take it back, move the money out, and consider it just them paying you for the item their game stole.
Reply Quote
And yet when they accidently 'misplace' money into your paypal account they are quick enough then to realise a mistake has taken place and to TAKE BACK the money.

If i were you i would just hope they misplace a few hundred dollars into your paypal account.
Then when they send an e-mail stating they will take it back, move the money out, and consider it just them paying you for the item their game stole.

Yea well that would be nice but seeing as when the RMAH first came out and i tired to link my Paypal account to it and I couldnt i never use the RMAH. Paypal told me reason Blizzard wont let my paypal link to the RMAH is because I dont have a credit card linked to my paypal instead it is linked to my bank account. As such Blizzard does not have access to my funds and as such refuse to link the two. I would never let them have my credit card info nor unlimited access to it via paypal. That would be retarded.

But yes they can go after money they lose no prob but when it is our loss they "Dont have the Tools"
Reply Quote
I would be curious to see what sort of legal recourse could be available, I have never read their long winded TOS, but I am sure some butt-covering clauses can be found in there for instances like this.

Sorry op, pretty disappointing to see Blizzard distancing themselves so much from being involved. They clearly need a better system to monitor AH transactions so back-tracking issues like this is easier.

Back tracking is not the issue. They have known from the beginning the items auction number as well as the auction number of the Witching Hour i bid on. They both failed and Blizzard has admitted this and even to the item and gold not being returned. They just refuse to actually do anything else about it. So the only system they need to better is The whole damn Customer Service department. I not even getting into how many reply's i got that had nothing at all to do with the matter at hand and could have belonged to completely different tickets for all I know. The whole system is designed to make us give up. I am just a stubborn jackass so no giving up here. Already put in a detailed report to the Better Business Bureau and will check into other avenues in the days to come. I have a buggered back and am on disability so I have all the time in the world to write game reviews and lodge complaints. If they do ban my account then ill have even more time on my hands.

But thx for the kind word. :)

EDIT: Also from what i have heard any regional laws/national laws take precedence over any ToS/EULA. Not saying they are breaking any laws just that the ToS does not exempt them from any laws either.
Edited by Stoneslammer#1524 on 11/7/2012 11:57 PM PST
Reply Quote
If everything as stated is on the up and up, then this is pretty f'ed up situation. Basically a company bullying you into accepting their !@#$up.

If you could lay your hands on another account for free/cheap maybe you could transfer your gold and items over, freeing you up a bit from their bully pressure if you choose to push this to a, perhaps ultimately negative, conclusion. Having a second account has legitimate uses beyond this too, to boot.
Reply Quote
11/07/2012 09:25 PMPosted by Stoneslammer
No one in the company can help with this issue, because this is something that we as a company have decided to be hands off on and we don't have the tools or the capability to help.

This is...something else. I have played WoW and have had a lot of experience with GM's and I have NEVER seen anything like this. I have never, in every problem I've had, found Blizzard unwilling to work on it.

I'm not going to believe or disbelieve you as I don't know you from a hole in the ground; my best advice to you is to check the ToS and the AH ToS for the time period in which this occurred and read it VERY carefully to see what rights you actually have, and then go from there.
Reply Quote
11/07/2012 09:25 PMPosted by Stoneslammer
As we have told you in our multiple responses

From the sound of the response from Blizz that you posted I get the impression that you've sent them multiple emails and probably angry and borderline harassing ones.
Reply Quote
Typical Blizzard customer support, offering no solutions at all
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]