Diablo® III

Am I ready to fight Diablo? (normal)

Hey all,

I've finally decided to put some time into my hardcore Monk, and it's my first time playing hardcore. I just wanted to ask those of you who are more experienced in not dying :-P would you all kindly inspect my profile and let me know what to improve before I fight Diablo?

I've made it through act 4 with little to no problems at all. Sometimes I take very little damage, and only once or twice was I reduced to half health. I just want to have that absolute certainty that I won't die when I take on Diablo.

Thanks very much in advance!
Reply Quote
ur dps is way to low for lvl 33, get a weapon with a socket, and put a good ruby gem in it
Reply Quote
A ruby, for min-max dmg? Wouldn't an emerald for crit dmg be better?
Reply Quote
11/11/2012 08:56 AMPosted by JuskiReign

Personally, I use a square ruby on my level 27 barbarien. The base dps is in the 20-ish and dual wielding axes makes everything drop like flies using Rend (I'm currently on mp7 or 8 in A2)

I prefer raw damage over the possibility of crit unless your monk already has a high % of crit chances
Reply Quote
[e YA!
Reply Quote
You should be fine if you made it through A4 without any problems. I find A4 way harder than Diablo.
Reply Quote
11/11/2012 10:11 AMPosted by Sunshine
You should be fine if you made it through A4 without any problems. I find A4 way harder than Diablo.

Agreed. Champ packs in A4(With their innate abilities + elite affixes) can be really rough compared to Diablo. All the bosses are fairly easy compared to champ packs IMO.
Reply Quote
11/11/2012 08:56 AMPosted by JuskiReign

ruby is better until you can get your crit chance up above 15% so you regularly see crits. realistically though you need higher crit% to make it useful. alternatively to ruby you can use amethysts for LoH later on when they have higher LoH values (flawless square+). this would help you heal yourself through damage and make things easier on you.

Agreed. Champ packs in A4(With their innate abilities + elite affixes) can be really rough compared to Diablo. All the bosses are fairly easy compared to champ packs IMO.

much hate goes out to elite mallet lord packs >:(

11/11/2012 07:30 AMPosted by JuskiReign
I've made it through act 4 with little to no problems at all.

i usually kill diablo at level 31 myself. though anytime i do it im in group. i can survive A4 damage by then though. if you can also then i would suggest you kill diablo in a group. it just makes things easier really because you have extra dps and you can always escape diablo's range should you need to in a group. he will just go after someone else.
Reply Quote
11/11/2012 11:02 AMPosted by Morogoth
i usually kill diablo at level 31 myself. though anytime i do it im in group. i can survive A4 damage by then though. if you can also then i would suggest you kill diablo in a group. it just makes things easier really because you have extra dps and you can always escape diablo's range should you need to in a group. he will just go after someone else.

Yeah, obviously in a group would be a lot safer. But, I'm trying to do hardcore on my own. So, in order to stick to that, I need to gear up my char to be able to do it solo, hence this thread :) But I appreciate all the feedback everyone!

I'm gonna try to get a socketed weapon in order to get more DPS from a ruby. Would would really help would be a high DPS spectrum, but I can't afford one at the moment in the AH.

I have all the gold on my softcore char, but none on hardcore.
Reply Quote
Just killed him, thanks everyone! I did it solo, not in multiplayer. I went on the AH and got a new weapon, put a flawless square ruby in there, and had no problem at all. Now, on to nightmare...
Reply Quote
View profile
Lvl30+ with appropriate gear = dead Normal Diablo.

Edit: appropriate gear = lvl20+ that add at least some stats.
Edited by MasterBaker#1567 on 11/12/2012 12:40 PM PST
Reply Quote
Ruby vs. emerald?

I socket a star amethyst in the weapon during leveling -- 300 LoH basically means invulnerability until late in Hell.

Also, a templar with a star topaz in his weapon for thorns.
Edited by JiJin#3245 on 11/13/2012 8:09 PM PST
Reply Quote
Personnally i have been playing normal on mp10. I already ran one character through. died in hell when i nodded off. FYI don't play hardcore when your sleepy :).
Reply Quote
View profile
You sound like you have S.D.S.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]