Diablo® III

No refund on Bid?

So i jsut bid 30 mill on two witching hours and of course got outbid within a min, but i never got the refund for it Screenshots below:

http://i237.photobucket.com/albums/ff27/cdstarr91/S2.png
http://i237.photobucket.com/albums/ff27/cdstarr91/S1.png
http://i237.photobucket.com/albums/ff27/cdstarr91/S4.png
http://i237.photobucket.com/albums/ff27/cdstarr91/S3.png (sorry incorrect link at first!)
Just want to see if this has happened to others and if its a possible glitch in the AH!

Thanks!

Hopefully a blue helps! im out 60 mill for a glitch!
Edited by Starr66#1682 on 11/12/2012 4:49 PM PST
Reply Quote
Yes, it has happened to me before and its a crappy feeling. You might get the gold back in a few hours, days...or never.
Reply Quote
Kirishima did you ever get yours back?
Reply Quote
i had 2 similar things happen except with selling items, one took me 3 days to get the gold, and the other i never received any gold
Reply Quote
dont hold your breath, chances are you wont be getting it back.
Reply Quote
this is deffinately something that should be looked into by soem blues +1 it :)
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
its very likely you won't be getting it back. its happened to me several times and not once did eventually get the gold back.
Reply Quote
thats ridiculous, people are loosing gold constantly due to an error in the Auction house and not receiving gold they earned? this needs to be fixed
Reply Quote
When asking through ticket, support reps tell you that there are records that you did get the gold.

There are plenty of possibilities going on here.
1) AH bug , makes things register as you receiving the gold, but you don't get it.
2) AH exploit, same as 1) but caused by malicious people that end up actually getting your gold.
3) You did get the gold, but clicked send to stash too fast (maybe got distracted or something) and missed it.

I think 3) Could be happening to some people. The completed bids tab does not keep record of the actual gold you receive or if you sent it to stash.

I think 1) Is also very plausible. Blizzard are know for their bugs.

About 2) ... there is no evidence that such an exploit exists. But to quote a support rep "Anything is possible".

so pretty much gold is now gone? also you can see that i do not have the gold in these pics, and in the bidding list there is no possible way i could have made those bids without that much gold
Edited by Starr66#1682 on 11/12/2012 5:36 PM PST
Reply Quote
buy something for like 2k gold and see if that refreshes your completed tab.
Reply Quote
11/12/2012 05:48 PMPosted by jxfuller
buy something for like 2k gold and see if that refreshes your completed tab.

bought and sold items, relogged, nothing returned
Reply Quote
lost ~15m to this. Doubt I'd ever get it back. +1 tho.
Reply Quote
11/12/2012 07:45 PMPosted by Bele
lost ~15m to this. Doubt I'd ever get it back. +1 tho.

Thank you :) still no refund as of yet, submitted a ticket about 18 hours ago and no response. Hopefully this can get some attention so it doesn't continue to happen to other people as well
Reply Quote
I havent had this problem yet, however, in my experience, refunds don't appear in the completed auctions list, but the gold appears in the tab so you can send it back to your stash.
Reply Quote
11/13/2012 10:20 AMPosted by JoesGetNDown
havent had this problem yet, however, in my experience, refunds don't appear in the completed auctions list, but the gold appears in the tab so you can send it back to your stash.

Refund appear in the completed tab when you loose a bid, but they never appeared for me is what im saying
Reply Quote
i just log out, wait a few seconds and log back in. if i had 1 gold for every time thats happen to me, my barb wouldnt suck so much lol
Edited by Leviathan23#1263 on 11/13/2012 3:28 PM PST
Reply Quote
You are probably a liar just trying to get something for free.

Do you see now why Blizz can't give you (or the thousands of other scammers) a refund?
Reply Quote
You are probably a liar just trying to get something for free.

Do you see now why Blizz can't give you (or the thousands of other scammers) a refund?

im not asking for my gold back im trying to bring attention to it, I'm not stupid enough to believe that I'm 1 person out of a million players that they'll stop and take the time to give me 60 mill back

i would just like for a blue to see this and realize its happened to many more than just me

though a refund would be nice :p
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]