Diablo® III

Slow source for Cull the weak

There are a lot of things that surround this DH passive that are not clear.

I would like to ask if someone out there knows if the source of the slow has to be the DH that has the passive or it can be another guy in the party.

Like if I`m playing with my friends and one of them slows the enemies and then I have the 15% extra damage because I have this passive.

Thanks
Reply Quote
Not sure about another party member but I will tell you what I do know. A scoundrel with cold damage bow works, entangling shot works , freeze arrow on elemental works. About all I have for ya.
Reply Quote
I don't have any scientific evidence to back this up, but my friend said he thinks his DH was doing more damage to enemies temporal flux'd by my hydra. I can experiment with it later though; I'm curious now.
Reply Quote
I want to know this too
Reply Quote
be great to know..... bump
Reply Quote
Thanks to the guys that replied!

Hope someone that have tested can share the results

cheers
Reply Quote
Well, with Evasive Fire, Multishot and Spike Trap you are using 3 skills that do not change their damage to a specific element. This means you gould get a cold SoJ and have Cull the Weak enhance the damage of every single shot (slow is applied before damage, so you get the bonus always).
Reply Quote
I imagine SoJ is the Stone of Jordan, and yours is a graet idea.

The thing is that I thikn that when you have enough critical damage you can drop archery that gives you just 50 percent more CD (with a crossbow) and use Cull the Weak that will give you 15% more overall damage.

The benefit from Arquery is far from being 15%.
Reply Quote
I tought spike trap were poison damage, its not ?
Is there a rune for bola that could work with a soj ?

But fyi, last night I was playing with a friend and we did some testing. He was slowing ennemies
with the witch doctor, and yes it was working with Cull of the weak! It was doing a great synergie team work :)
Reply Quote
By the way, you said this

11/14/2012 06:05 AMPosted by Poekel
do not change their damage to a specific element

Are you saying that If I would use this ring that adds cold damage with an ability that changes the damage to an especific element (like Spike Trap / Echoing blast that changes the damage to poison) the slow of the cold damage wouldn't be aplied? Then i wouldn't get the benefit from Cull the Weak?
Reply Quote
But fyi, last night I was playing with a friend and we did some testing. He was slowing ennemies
with the witch doctor, and yes it was working with Cull of the weak! It was doing a great synergie team work :)

Wow!!! that is very interesting! that is what i was thinking at the begginning! Thanks!
Reply Quote
By the way, you said this

do not change their damage to a specific element

Are you saying that If I would use this ring that adds cold damage with an ability that changes the damage to an especific element (like Spike Trap / Echoing blast that changes the damage to poison) the slow of the cold damage wouldn't be aplied? Then i wouldn't get the benefit from Cull the Weak?

Yes:
If you use a skill that does not change the damage to a specific element, the cold SoJs damage is applied as cold damage (that slows).

If you use a skill that changes the damage, all damage including SoJs cold damage is changed to that element and you won't get the slow effect.

€: with a cold SoJ you could of course drop Archery. Or go the full damage route: Archery, Cull the Weak, Steady Aim (51.8% damage bonus if I assume that Archery adds 10%).
Edited by Poekel#2407 on 11/14/2012 6:37 AM PST
Reply Quote
Thank you for all your replies.

I think that the "full damage route" can be very good, but depends what are your objetives, for example, for farming i would keep Tactical Advantage bucause with Vault/Tumble you can cross the maps really fast.
Reply Quote
Yes, I think cull of weak is a "depend what type of run your doing" skill to chose.

Like now, I know when Ill play with a witch doctor, ill be using that!
Reply Quote
I'm pretty sure a Holy Damage Inna's belt will overide the slow from cold damage.
Reply Quote
Actually, found out tonight that the windforce knockback is considered a slow for Cull the Weak. My profile is updated with 39.5% CC 361% CD. I'm seeing crits in the 400-500k range with Multishot: Full Broadside and 350-400k range for Evasive Fire: Hardened. I tried using SoJ but it can't beat my rare period. The Evasive Fire: Hardened has a 50 Proc rate. The higher the proc the more chance to slow, the better chance for 15% from Cull the Weak. Evasive Fire skill procs are: None (100), Hardened (50), Parting Gift (33), Covering Fire (25), Surge (100) and Displace (100). I can honestly tell you, I was loving the backflip but proc of Covering Fire was too weak, Monsters got close all the time. Switched to Hardened last night and it was proc'ing a lot better. I think I will try Surge tonight because of the High Proc Rate and reduced backflip cost to see if it's better than Hardened (Hardened armor bonus it's just nuts for survivability).
Reply Quote
11/15/2012 06:02 AMPosted by Radelon
Actually, found out tonight that the windforce knockback is considered a slow for Cull the Weak.

WAIT WHAT ???
Are you saying, everytime knockback proc the 15% of cull the weak step in the dmg ?
Reply Quote
11/15/2012 06:15 AMPosted by IronButt
Actually, found out tonight that the windforce knockback is considered a slow for Cull the Weak.

WAIT WHAT ???
Are you saying, everytime knockback proc the 15% of cull the weak step in the dmg ?

Yes because it's a slow. Even if they don't get knocked backwards they can still be halted, which will trigger it. I thought it was weird too but I checked out d3up.com and found that the only way I could be getting Crit Numbers like I was is if it was active.

Also found that Evasive Fire: Hardened does 160% damage and not 130% like the other runes.

It's really amazing to be honest. Just 2 weeks ago I was sitting at 104k dps using Covering Fire and Fire at Will. Was lucky to see 250k crits. Now after a switching around skills a bit to Full Broadside and Hardened I'm seeing upwards of 500k crit. Granted I changed to rare ring, rare amulet and better dml.

My Full Broadside average hit is 179,204. Hardened is 133,361.
My Full Broadside dps is 410,952. Hardened is 305,825.

I couldn't be more amazed. I sacrificed some EHP but you don't even notice it at all.
Reply Quote
11/14/2012 08:32 AMPosted by Radelon
I'm pretty sure a Holy Damage Inna's belt will overide the slow from cold damage.

Nope. Its cool though seeing Slowed enemies sent to heaven due to Holy Damage ;)

Cold SoJ + Inna's Belt is quite nice to have actually. Hungering, Evasive and Entangling Shot can proc SoJ but only specific runes or un-runed.
Reply Quote
WoW

That mean every WF user should use cull the weak, and I can stop searching a build with slow!
WOOT! Koodos to u Radelon!
Edited by IronButt#1198 on 11/15/2012 6:49 AM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]