Diablo® III

Slow source for Cull the weak

You should look for 1 more source of Slow.. Since WF's knockback is still a "chance"

It might be nice to have Cull work 100% the time.

Caltrops, SoJ with WEAPON DAMAGE skills.. Chain of Torment works too.

I also used Templar's Taunt and his combo on it that it will slow everyone that attacks him.

Then there's Scoundrel with Buriza - Multishot skill or just use Cold DMG weapon ;)
Reply Quote
You should look for 1 more source of Slow.. Since WF's knockback is still a "chance"

It might be nice to have Cull work 100% the time.

Caltrops, SoJ with WEAPON DAMAGE skills.. Chain of Torment works too.

I also used Templar's Taunt and his combo on it that it will slow everyone that attacks him.

Then there's Scoundrel with Buriza - Multishot skill or just use Cold DMG weapon ;)

You are right, it is just a "chance" but I have a Cold SoJ, problem is that it's too much of a hit damage wise to use. If I replace either of my rings it's like -15k dmg at least. And if you do all the math your crit numbers will not be the same. I believe it's almost 50k different in max crit on Full Broadside. Frostburns would be nice if they could roll CC, since only skill they work will for the +30% damage is Frost Arrow. I mean if you had a Cold Weapon it would work but just the 6% from either the gloves or soj wont trigger it. Tal rasha's amulet might be the best option with 6% cold on it. But idk without trying.
Reply Quote
Err.. I don't know but.. I believe Frostburn's still bugged making that +% Bonus Damage to Cold Skills to not work.

Tal Rasha's good too ;)

Erm.. Remove SoJ then.. Give it your your follower ;)
Reply Quote
It would be so much simple if we could place caltrop with right click like we can with spike trap and place them exactly where we want.
Reply Quote
For some odd reason.. the post I typed here.. didn't post.. LOL.

Anyways..

Yeah, that would really give us some ease.

Actually.. I suggested the same thing regarding Sentry. But.. it didn't gain any attention.

Chain of Torment might find viability and more favorable use when that happens ;)
Reply Quote
lets make a suggestion thread and hope it get attention. I got a couple of ideas that would help gameplay.

(Like having buff icon when steady aim is on or the bubble of guardian sentry is up, the right clicking caltrop/sentry)

All easy stuff to add up in the game that would help our gameplay and mechanics greatly!
Reply Quote
Err.. there's the Bubble for Guardian already?.. or.. you meant something else?
Reply Quote
well the bubble is kinda obvions on the screen, but it dont give a buff icon on the screen when you are under the bubble, which I find weird. When you are gloom, you can see the icon timer so why not have the same for bubble time. It could help the timing of the sentry deployment, I know I spam them more then I need sometime.

Also when you open your inventory, you dont see the 15% armor the bubble is giving you, or I am blind.
Reply Quote
11/15/2012 07:55 AMPosted by IronButt
Also when you open your inventory, you dont see the 15% armor the bubble is giving you, or I am blind.

I don't think it shows in any character details.. But I may be wrong :) Hm.. Won't it be nice if.. enemies inside the Sentry's range be slowed? Even for like.. 5 or 10%?? LOL. Too much dreaming.
Edited by Chrizzle#1390 on 11/15/2012 8:07 AM PST
Reply Quote
When a barb use his cry, you can see your armor boost in the inventory, so why not with the bubble.

And yes it would be nice to slow with turret bubble, but YOU ARE DREAMING.

What about if mark of death would do a radius of slow :)
12% with mark of death, + 15% dmg done by slow and cull.
AHAH now im really dreaming!
Reply Quote
Maybe.. if they change Thrill of The Hunt.. making your Hatred Spender every 7 Second immobilize a target.. and it passively gives slow to your non-elemental attacks..

That'll give Thrill of the Hunt and Cull a Synergistic approach for a buff.. But.. I doubt people will use that since its 2 passive slots >_< Makes sense though..
Reply Quote
I really like that idea too!

But you made me think of something.

Steady aim is on when ennemies are 10 yards away.
Caltrop is 12 yard area.

Maybe the synergie is right there:
For ennemies beyond 10 yard you have 20% dmg
For ennemies closer then 12 yard, you lose steady aim, but
cull kick in with the use of caltrop under your feet.

at 11 yard you have 35% dmg lol
Reply Quote
People actually used both.. Archery, Cull and Steady Aim.

They'll use the Immobilize Rune of Caltrop and kite the enemies towards those traps.. They'll benefit from all those passives.
Reply Quote
thats a nice 50% buff with a bow :)

Are you 100% sure the immobilize rune of caltrops also do slow ?
Reply Quote
That.. I don't know for sure.. But they should ;)
Reply Quote
Cull the Weak is great when playing with CM/WW wizards at higher MPs. It allows you to drop Steady Aim for damage and stay in the wizard's protective area. I highly suggest it myself. I would use Steady Aim myself, but Grenadier is helping me way too much with Cluster Arrows (one short of the magical -24 reduction).
Reply Quote
I have been using Cull the Weak for months and it's great. Steady Aim is garbage when you face tank. I have been using the Jagged Spike caltrop rune coupled with my Windofrce scoundral and it also works out great. The caltrops are also a great source of healing.

I also group with my irl wizard friend who picks up the 20% extra damage time zone thing that counts as a slow which is awesome.
Reply Quote
11/15/2012 10:53 AMPosted by Sanoku
The caltrops are also a great source of healing.

What to do you mean, caltrop dont heal ?!
Reply Quote
I don't know, as a windforce user steady aim is active a good 70% of the time for me. Hard to give that up for cull of the weak and certainly don't want to give up archery or perf. Although actually in higher MP levels when I'm key farming I end up taking a lot more than when I am paraleveling lower MP levels. It might be useful to change those passives between MP levels.

I used a cold damage SoJ for a long time. I was also using evasive fire, but I got tired of losing disc to the backflip when I was key farming higher MP levels where I just had to tank sometimes. When you have to tank and you are using evasive fire you have no disc for gloom and it blows. I tried to like hardened but single target just plain sucks.

I switched to Bola and haven't looked back. I really like the stun and the aoe damage is great. Unfortunately all the good bola runes are elemental so I lost the cold snare benefit of the SoJ. I picked up a good rare for cheap, threw some cold damage on my scoundrel (amulet) and with his multishot that's good for me for cold damage.
Reply Quote
I agree with you Merlin, steady aim is good for MP5 and lower MP, but MP6 and above you get so much facetank that its nearly never up.

So I think higher MP = Cull
Lower MP = SA

If I could drop Perf i would use both all the time, but I cant yet.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]