Diablo® III

Is anyone not WW,HoTA, or Throw?

I am wondering if there are any original barbs out there and how effective they are
Reply Quote
View profile
Slam barbs are really effective. Just pretend im not using HOTA. OP killing spree is a good replacement. Or WC impunity is what I used before, but my AR is good enough for most everything :D
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X31ZFZVwzIg&feature=plcp
Edited by RagingKoala#1984 on 11/13/2012 12:26 PM PST
Reply Quote
Yea, I probably should use Killing Spree seeing as most of my AoE is from Bloodshed, which goes off my crits
Reply Quote
I'm sure a 2h rend build is fairly common but i have never tried those three. I can do up to mp5 quite well.
Reply Quote
They see me Rendin'....they hatin'...
Reply Quote
Not the set up I have at the moment cause Im actually all mixed up on profile now- but my normal build is

Cleave, Rend, WotB:Insanity, Battle Rage: Maurader, Sprint: Marathon- just for movement, and various for the last slot.

With around 55% crit and 500k avg cleave crits stuff dies pretty fast. You won't be speed farming but you will still have a nice relaxed play session and make good xp.
Reply Quote
Haven't seen anyone using my exact spec:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/barbarian#bcPRYU!hYZ!YZZaZb

- Rend (bloodlust) is my main damage dealer, keeps me alive even at high MP.
- Ground stomp (wrenching smash) brings a lot of normal enemies in for good rend distribution. It also helps survivability of myself and any party members against elites. Plus builds rage.
- Cleave (broad sweep) is decent filler damage while rend is up. Build isn't too dependent upon building rage too much and like the aoe dmg, so use it instead of bash. Might consider switching it for frenzy at some point.
- Sprint (marathon) + Unforgiving is great for efficient clear times. Can find keywardens very fast. Also, it helps with positioning when fighting elites with frozen when WotB is on cooldown.
Reply Quote
my build is the best
Reply Quote
11/13/2012 12:40 PMPosted by Petraeus
my build is the best

I thought about making a tank based on blood funnel and crazy amounts of hp. How good is it with the Skorn?
Reply Quote
I'd like to see an "All Fury Generator" Barbarian Build with Berserker Rage as one of the Passives. Heh, I should give it a try. Get Bash/Punish going with Frenzy/Maniac for Single Targets and Cleave/Broad Sweep for Groups. War Cry/Impunity and Threatening Shout/Falter for defense, with Furious Charge/Dreadnought to get out of trouble (or use Leap/Iron Impact). Use Berserker Rage, Inspiring Presence, and whatever other passive you want.
Reply Quote
my build is the best

I thought about making a tank based on blood funnel and crazy amounts of hp. How good is it with the Skorn?

Its amazing, i *can* survive mp10 right now, im not stupid enough to try farming it with 100k dps, but the build itself is godly

edit, i also have lifesteal and rend and bloodthrist, so by itself its not that great, and i wouldnt stack hp thats dumb.
Edited by Petraeus#1331 on 11/13/2012 12:55 PM PST
Reply Quote
since when is throw or hota unoriginal op has downs lol
Reply Quote
Tryin to catch me rendin' dirty
Reply Quote
11/13/2012 01:07 PMPosted by Bogy

I listed the three most popular I come across. You might be the one with a disorder
Reply Quote
I've been having fun playing with a slam build on mp1 with sprint to get to the next pack of mobs quicker. I was doing a rend based build in mp5 before but this is faster and much better exp.
Reply Quote
Rend gives me the best survivability. HOTA is cute and all but doesnt keep me alive like rend.

when grouped up and know im not goin to be takin a lot of beats i swap out revenge for overpower/killing spree. if im group with a WC barb ill swap out WC for overpower/crushin advance.
Edited by Rhinestar#1509 on 11/13/2012 2:29 PM PST
Reply Quote
Meh....i run MP6 and occasionally 7 with a rend build. Frankly, just run what's fun for ya.
Reply Quote
*raises hand*

I'm pretty sure if I change some skills around, I could be more efficient..but I'm having a lot of fun. Sometimes I change bash for frenzy.
Reply Quote
11/13/2012 02:05 PMPosted by Meteora

I listed the three most popular I come across. You might be the one with a disorder

I didn't know anything outside of a generic WW build could be considered "popular", but I guess if you are comparing 99% WW, 0.6% hammer, 0.3% throw, 0.1% every other build then you are correct.
Reply Quote
What is wrong with WW lol, I use a slightly different version of the build myself but for the most part it is the same.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]