Diablo® III

Spitit Vessel or No Spirit Vessel ?

Not in any specific circumstance.

Just wanna know how u guys love this skill and how's it useful.

Let's say, in a higher MP.

Cuz lately, i just change to WOS spirit barrage build and my mana loop is just not good enough, so i have to sacrifice Spirit Vessel

Although i dont want to, but seem like Blood Ritual make less mana trouble.

Thx for sharing
Reply Quote
View profile
In high mp7-10 SV/ROE/BR SV->save death

In low MP 3-5 GI/RoE/BR SV->makes little sense

In ultra low MP 0-2 SV/GI/BR- SV>move faster
Edited by DanSkyWalker#1988 on 11/14/2012 6:31 PM PST
Reply Quote
It really depends, for act 3, SV saves me from a fallen maniac at the last second EVERY time :)
Reply Quote
In high mp7-10 SV/ROE/BR SV->save death

In low MP 3-5 GI/RoE/BR SV->makes little sense

In ultra low MP 0-2 SV/GI/BR- SV>move faster

I'm close in opinions. I don't use SV in high MP because I'm under the belief that if I'm about to die its because I screwed up... and I do everything in my power to not screw up :P

High MP I run with BR/SA and RoE or GF depending on what I feel like playing. A lot of people dont like GF for higher MP but I still love it since I have a high enough DPS I can clear trash mobs pretty quickly, and having those floating mana bubbles is amazing for elite fights.

I'd say SV is useless on higher MP, if you are geared. If you are undergeared and relying on a passive to save your !@# once in a while then yeah I guess it's OK to use... but as far as utility in higher MP... there's better passives.

Now, in terms of low MP farming for fast paragon / legendary runs... Spirit Vessel is amazing. 2 seconds reduced on Horrify (Stalker) and Spirit Walk (Jaunt) makes for some SERIOUS mobility when combined with Grave Injustice. Nothing to argue there.

Mid-Range MP settings can be kind of tricky. I'm not sure what my current gear will show... but when I run mid-high range MP I have almost 80k hp (swap innas pants for blackthornes w/ 230 vita + 12% life) and the Blood Ritual passive gives me 800 life regen. This is such an amazing passive... and I'll take this over Spirit Vessel any day. I usually always run with Spiritual Attunement and Gruesome Feast in mid-high range MP settings... so the swing here would be having either Blood Ritual or Spirit Vessel... and again, it's just not worth using a passive slot because I've either been lazy or careless and am banking on the passive to save my $%^.

Those are my thoughts.

TL:DR version:

Spirit Vessel in my experience only seems useful in MP0-2 for mobility. Reduced cooldowns on both the WD's mobility skills is HUGE when combined with Grave Injustice. As far as higher MP settings are concerned... there is definitely better passives to choose from (Blood Ritual, Spiritual Attune, Gruesome Feast, Jungle Fort, Pierce the Veil)

11/14/2012 06:31 PMPosted by Tierannix
It really depends, for act 3, SV saves me from a fallen maniac at the last second EVERY time :)

You have 300 vita. I'm sure spirit vessel is useful for someone terribly undergeared... but in terms of endgame usage, it's not the best passive (other then for speed farming)
Edited by PR4Y#1891 on 11/14/2012 9:36 PM PST
Reply Quote
low mp, sv reduced cd on sw and stalker.

mid to high mp, there is no need. 90 sec free death isn't going to save you. if you die once, you will die twice.

uber fight, this is the most useful situation for sv. don't need to explain this one.
Reply Quote
I see SV as a safety net, if you can avoid it there are more beneficial passives imho.
Reply Quote
For hardcore its essential, for softcore its pretty unnecessary
Reply Quote
sv must have it
Reply Quote
I hate dying....breaks up the flow/momentum....Id like to not use it at some point...Im just not there yet (runnin mp3-5).
Reply Quote
I am using SV in a glass cannonish build for MP1 fast farming
Reply Quote
View profile
I never use SV. It's a good passive if you don't know how to approach all different circumstances and affix combinations elites may throw your way. I would rather put on a passive that benefits me always and just avoid death altogether. When I used to run with SV on... I would play a lot more carelessly since I though "oh I can die once'.

Play with it off for a while and just learn to survive and then put in a more useful passive. For lower MP levels... I guess it 'speeds' up the SV refresh... but if you kill everyone with one shot anyways... the SV will be refreshing faster than you can use it with GF/GI anyways.

I don't see any use for the passive unless you don't know how to avoid death on your own.
Reply Quote
i like to use it 99% of the time even in high MP...sometimes you will make mistakes and it will save ur !@#

its almost a must in MP0-2, higher MPs optional and depending on your playstyle
Reply Quote
I use JF and life link for dead avoidance.SV if I use is for 2sec reduction.
Reply Quote
11/17/2012 06:41 AMPosted by xSkilling
its almost a must in MP0-2, higher MPs optional and depending on your playstyle

lolwut??
Reply Quote
View profile
Great skill. can indirectly save you billions of gold and increase dps by allowing you to gear with less protection.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]