Diablo® III

best cm wizard

10/26/2012 07:46 PMPosted by pwnmatt
I don't have a problem with those affixes. safe passage works to beat those things. and single target is no issue with 2.8attacks and 50cc.

implying every cm/ww is stacked with such stats to begin with. it's not about having to deal with the damages but rather the breaking of momentum is an issue for cm/ww.
Reply Quote
just electrified + rd + shielding + ranged. then it's gg for me.
Reply Quote
cm/ww is eazy time for meh can probably do up to mp8 but i dont bother coz elites take too long time to kill..

however i do ubers on mp8
Reply Quote
elites are surprisingly more difficult than ubers.
Reply Quote
Well to its not about being the "best" CM.. its about being the most effective CM.

Like I've written in a few other posts I've been dumping teleport for Molten Impact/Conflag and running higher MP. Charge in as CM/WW as normal, once I've dropped the standard 6+ twisters. I swap casting WW and use Meteor. With 3 apoc items and the 6+ twisters up I can spam about 5-10 Meteors non stop. If the Elites are not dead, stop meteor and drop another 6+ twisters. Repeat. These meteors do insane damage.

Another option is to drop an Armor spell and keep teleport.

This is what I mean about "best" Cm being unrealistic. The gearing/spec changes per MP level and what your trying to achieve.
Reply Quote
View profile
^nice to see other things. tbh ive been sick of same thing for months now just stuck with it cuz it's effective. Tried meteors after blizzard got our hopes up with buff only to have hopes dashed with serious proc nerf by like half. Boy dropping bombs was fun. takes care of ranged elites too but I could not make em work again after nerf even with 3 apoc sources, 50 crit, -10 metoers and prism.

Wish I didnt sell my 250 avg dam oculous with -5 meteors I'd try that.
Edited by Aimless#1700 on 10/26/2012 8:37 PM PDT
Reply Quote
10/26/2012 08:33 PMPosted by Aimless
Wish I didnt sell my 250 avg dam oculous with -5 meteors I'd try that.

1 in AH 30m...
Reply Quote
View profile
has to have ~160 vit since thats where I stuck my vit. I sold mine for 125m had 200int and like 180 vit
Edited by Aimless#1700 on 10/26/2012 8:57 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Well I do mp10 for ubers just fine in a group, know my dps isn't the greatest but the stun lock works and offers my team mates +35% more damage constantly.
Reply Quote
been running that same combo off and on now for quite sometime, was wondering when it would catch on. the damage output from meteor is truely unmatched. when u can actually get your twisters stacked just right those meteors fall quickly and mp10 elites absolutly melt.

fyi i run 19 apoc with 2.69 AS, and zero cost reduction on meteor and i have zero diffculty spamming the crap out of them.
Reply Quote
i believe a cm/ww and another wiz build works well in tandem (cm/ww stopping everything while other build, regardless of what it is) deals the huge damage (meteor/archon/etc)
Reply Quote
10/26/2012 09:03 PMPosted by prometheus
fyi i run 19 apoc with 2.69 AS, and zero cost reduction on meteor and i have zero diffculty spamming the crap out of them.

Depends what you call spamming. I hold right click and they rain lol... we're talking them being cast as fast as my Attack speed allows... and at 2.8as 69%CC 29apoc, Its alot. Didn't say it was cheap though :)
Edited by Aphraell#1269 on 10/26/2012 9:12 PM PDT
Reply Quote
thats what i mean by spamming aswell haha. for this to happen i need neatly stacked WW's tho, which at times can prove tricky. if u would be so kind as to lend me your offhand aph it would prove much easier.
Reply Quote
AUDI IS THE BEST CM WIZARD ! <-----

He does use CM after all ;)
Reply Quote
I thought you needed higher crit hit chance than 36% to run CM nowadays
Edited by Citrus#1506 on 10/26/2012 10:29 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I just tried Aphraell build and could say that it's so cool. Hopefully it's not copyrighted, lols.

It's just that i die quite so often thinking my right click button is teleport and ended up casting a meteor before dying.
Reply Quote
If you really want to have some epic fun CoXyZ. Find a CM wiz friend who specs full defensive, attack speed and you can remove frost nova from your bar and add a choice of whatever. Magic Weapon, Slow time(Either 20%dam or 10%ias) or other options. This removes an attack turn from you rotation meaning more meteors.

You can melt MP10 ubers in 15-20secs in a 2man group lol.

New rotation is simply:

Diamond Shards
Explosive Blast
Meteor of choice.

You can even go ranged... and not cast EB if its dangerous in the middle.

Forgot to add... get some gear to swap for relfect packs(Loh orLS)... and maybe not hit all of them at once with a metoer lol.
Edited by Aphraell#1269 on 10/26/2012 11:46 PM PDT
Reply Quote
+1
Reply Quote
If this was a real discussion, the thread would have ended at Boozor.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]