Diablo® III

Act3 keywarden will not drop key

Ive done 15 key runs on mp5 and still no key. Anyone else having this problem? I even did a couple of mp7 runs and no key. Did they change key drop rates? shouldnt mp5 be 50% chance? Seems strange to not get one in 17 total runs. Noticed they nerfed him severely and he's now a piece of cake to kill but seriously wtf? Also notice that almost all of the elite packes i killed were reflect dmg. that also seemed strange.
Reply Quote
that's pretty sad, do you die during a run?
Reply Quote
do you have 5 stacks when you do it? i get it everytime i run it on mp7 or above
Reply Quote
always have 5 stacks. usually dont die.
Reply Quote
just bad luck I guess :(
Reply Quote
You had 5 stacks of what? Pancakes? If you are talking about Nephalim Valor then did you have the 5 stacks before OR after you killed the Warden?
Reply Quote
did you still need a key?

i occasionally run mp 9 for machines and will assist you whenever i'm on. if you don't get a key on mp 9 like i always do 100% of the time, then i would say something is terribly wrong lol
Edited by Hak#1935 on 10/27/2012 6:16 PM PDT
Reply Quote
No, it's not surprising. You're far from the only one who's getting 0-15% drop averages at mp5 which should be 50%. Blizzard is BSing us and that's about it.
Reply Quote
I just got it after running mp5 on my first attempt. It's luck of the draw. I just did multiple mp5 runs for the blacksmith plans with no luck. The game does not take into account how many failed runs you've had. It's easy to think that after X amount of runs, you should have found it by now but that's not how it works.
Reply Quote
View profile
I went 0/10 on MP5 yesterday. Gets a little frustrating, but whatever.
Reply Quote

2) death has nothing to do with drops. This fact has been verified in a blue post. The best info comes from reading the "view all blue posts" section of this rumor/troll-mill.

multiple deaths during an elite fight is considered zerging.

there is a hidden mechanic that does not reward zergers. Maybe others have been lucky but I do notice this the moment I brute force an elite fight with an unearned victory after 6-7 deaths and the drops became superbly inconsistent in a negative way when compared with the rest of the elite drops.

or maybe i'm just being superstitious, either way I always swore myself no deaths during my sessions and it's been good so far :p
Reply Quote

2) death has nothing to do with drops. This fact has been verified in a blue post. The best info comes from reading the "view all blue posts" section of this rumor/troll-mill.

there is a hidden mechanic that does not reward zergers. Maybe others have been lucky but I do notice this the moment I brute force an elite fight with an unearned victory after 6-7 deaths and the drops became superbly inconsistent in a negative way when compared with the rest of the elite drops.

or maybe i'm just being superstitious, either way I always swore myself no deaths during my sessions and it's been good so far :p

This is 100% false. the death timer prevents zerging. Take off your tinfoil hat
Reply Quote
View profile
Just bad luck. Yesterday it took 10 runs for a key to drop off a warden. Today it seems like every other run.
Reply Quote

This is 100% false. the death timer prevents zerging. Take off your tinfoil hat

the death timer + full healing for elites within x seconds was the zerging protection. One of them has been removed.
Edited by Hak#1935 on 10/27/2012 6:42 PM PDT
Reply Quote
This thread topic has quickly become the new daily 'Blizzard throttles drop rates'

Everyday, multiple topics without fail for probably the next 4 months.
What's even worse is I reply to many of them.
Edited by babinro#1836 on 10/27/2012 6:49 PM PDT
Reply Quote
its just bad luck. If they had changed something more people would have similar stories
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]