Diablo® III

Underwhelming Legendary Pings/Sound and Fix.

Dear Blizzard,

When a legendary drops I want it to:

1. Make a loud unique noise
2. Send me a txt message
3. Notify me by email
4. Vibrate my mouse
5. Send an alert to my authenticator
6. Wake up my wife if she's sleeping
7. Have it call in sick for me @ work
8. Flash all the lights in the room
9. Make me a tuna sandwich
10. Change the brakes on my car

Anything else guys? You think it's too much to add having a Blizzard employee come knock on your door when a legendary drops as well?
Reply Quote
11/04/2012 01:44 AMPosted by Metalwrath
As a Whirlwind Barbarian who spends most of the time sprinting, and letting mobs get killed off by tornado's off-screen, a simple text alert in the chat box would be helpful.

And here we have the root of the problem. WW barbs.

Do we really need to customize the entire game around one particular spec of barbs?

Here's a novel idea for you: Go back and check your drops if you don't want to miss stuff.
Reply Quote
11/04/2012 08:27 AMPosted by Alcovitch
As a Whirlwind Barbarian who spends most of the time sprinting, and letting mobs get killed off by tornado's off-screen, a simple text alert in the chat box would be helpful.

Do we really need to customize the entire game around one particular spec of barbs?

Here's a novel idea for you: Go back and check your drops if you don't want to miss stuff.

This has nothing to do with WW barbs. Every class has abilities that kill things off screen. Monks lightning cyclones, demon hunter turrets, wiz hydras, ect ect.
Reply Quote
I tested the sound and the other sounds of monsters dieing and spells over lapped the ping sound of the legendary so it was never herd.
Reply Quote
Toast Window - When we kill many monsters, it shows the bonus xp you gain.

Announce a legendary is found through the toast window as well?

Don't play a ping sound of a legendary drop, play a short melody to distinguish it.
Reply Quote
Seriously....slow the fuk down if you have a problem....Good god...it makes a noise, a huge light shines on it...WTF else do you want....
Reply Quote
Making the minimap ping last until the item is picked up sounds logical to me. Another thing would be to change the color of the ping from yellow to differentiate it from active quests
Reply Quote
Ive never seen the minimap ping from a legendary drop and I have looked as soon as a legendary dropped never seen it ping. Is it the same ping as like when you drop you flag?
Reply Quote
11/05/2012 05:01 PMPosted by Why
I tested the sound and the other sounds of monsters dieing and spells over lapped the ping sound of the legendary so it was never herd.

What a load of bull. How about you take 2 seconds and adjust those sound sliders in the options?

Is everyone here deaf and blind? When a legendary drops I hear a very distinct sound "Ka-Thunk! and a VERY obvious light beam. Frankly if you still miss them after that, either you're doing it wrong or your doing it WWnubbarb
Reply Quote
11/05/2012 07:54 AMPosted by Origination

This has nothing to do with WW barbs. Every class has abilities that kill things off screen. Monks lightning cyclones, demon hunter turrets, wiz hydras, ect ect.

How are you people playing that you're constantly killing stuff off screen in directions you don't plan on travelling so you're always missing drops???

The sound it makes, the ping on the map plus the light beam is plenty.

What the hell else do you want? a huge flashing sign across the whole screen "NUB LEGENDARY DROP CHECK EDGE OF SCREEN"
Reply Quote
11/05/2012 05:19 PMPosted by TheSaint
I have the bestest suggestion evar! When a legendary drops a arrow appears like a compass pointing to the exact location of the drop.

And there is a big hand with a pen come out from the corner of the screen, the big hand will draw a circle, circling the legendary item. Then, the big hand will grab your toon and place your toon beside the legendary item, then the big hand will use its finger to push your toon towards the legendary item, and tapping its finger impatiently until you pick up the legendary item.
Reply Quote
Dear Blizzard,

When a legendary drops I want it to:

1. Make a loud unique noise
2. Send me a txt message
3. Notify me by email
4. Vibrate my mouse
5. Send an alert to my authenticator
6. Wake up my wife if she's sleeping
7. Have it call in sick for me @ work
8. Flash all the lights in the room
9. Make me a tuna sandwich
10. Change the brakes on my car

Anything else guys? You think it's too much to add having a Blizzard employee come knock on your door when a legendary drops as well?

+1

The ONLY thing the OP has any credibility on is the fact that the Ping on the minimap doesn't even WORK. Sound isn't loud enough? are you KIDDING me? IT'S THE LOUDEST SOUND IN THE GAME. Fail OP is Fail
Reply Quote
I figures the ping circle should start on ur main screen (fill the entire screen)and shrink down relatively fast on to the mini map.

as for the ui beam its fine imo
Reply Quote
11/05/2012 05:16 PMPosted by ktulu87
Seriously....slow the fuk down if you have a problem....Good god...it makes a noise, a huge light shines on it...WTF else do you want....
This^^
Reply Quote
Ive never seen it ping on the Mini map what does the ping look like? Is it just like the flag ping? I had 5 legendaries drop yesterday and never once saw the Mini map ping.
Reply Quote
Excellent post my friend! I talk about this kind of stuff to viewers on my stream all the time man :D... for people who like to talk about the game, and the content of the game that could be improved in the future or upcoming patches feel free to come visit me on twitch TV. www.twitch.tv/sw00bz

Cheers m8!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]