Diablo® III

IK 5 set VS Blackthorne 2 set

hey guys, I've been thinking about getting either IK 5 set or IK 3 set with Blackthornes 2 set.
and i was wondering if the IK 5 set is worth getting over the Blackthorne 2 set, or if its possible to get both, IK 5 set and Blackthornes 2 set.

would love some other barbs opinions.
Reply Quote
you can get both, 5 set iks and pants/ammy from blackthornes.

i like full ik set but im not top dps or anything crazy just a 300m barb.
Reply Quote
hey guys, I've been thinking about getting either IK 5 set or IK 3 set with Blackthornes 2 set.
and i was wondering if the IK 5 set is worth getting over the Blackthorne 2 set, or if its possible to get both, IK 5 set and Blackthornes 2 set.

would love some other barbs opinions.

i like the IK 3 set and Blackthorne 2 set, it provide me a lot of life and resistance at the same time. So its a big time EHP booster, I do not have a need for the IK 5 set, so this could be a rather biased opinion.
Reply Quote
I was thinking about getting Blackthornes chest and legs with IK gloves boots and belt, that way i can have mempo, but if IK 5 set is like uber bad !@# then i'll just get that, im just wondering if the 5 set is really that good.
Reply Quote
I find that IK 5-set + BT 2-set is an absolutely huge amount of survivability, I'd recommend it, but to get the right pieces without losing a ton of the while gaining the survivability, can be a challenge.
Reply Quote
Tragedy, that is what I have done.

A good BT chest is so much cheaper than IK you can get a ton of life without sacrificing dps..

5 piece IK isn't worth it in my opinion, can get better items far cheaper. But the 2 piece bonus is well worth it
Reply Quote
Tragedy, that is what I have done.

A good BT chest is so much cheaper than IK you can get a ton of life without sacrificing dps..

5 piece IK isn't worth it in my opinion, can get better items far cheaper. But the 2 piece bonus is well worth it

Yes, this is something i had noticed about the 2 different chest, a low end IK chest is the same price as a nice Blackthornes chest.
Reply Quote
I agree full sets arent worth the cash for bonuses that arent usefull or that big of a difference to matter, build your set out of what gives you the most gain. I mean stuff like fury regen is completely useless when you can regain it faster just by attacking. If i had to choose i would look at survivability and dps not at useless bonuses.
Reply Quote
I am 3IK and 2Blackthorne. Ik boots is just temporary.
I had iceclimbers.

I feel budget wise,
3IK (glove, helm, belt) => Cheap without IK armor.
2 Blackthorne (armor, pants) => huge HP boost.

The only bad thing is slight drop in the all-resist.
Coz ik gloves all resist is exp.
and Blackthorn pants too.

Overall, you get alot hp and slightly lower resist.
%hp works very well with Blackthorne.
I am having 88khp now. Profile yet to update.
Edited by Horngyuh80#6218 on 11/4/2012 5:42 PM PST
Reply Quote
View profile
Ik chest and belt are prolly the best items for barb.

The two set bonus is awesome too
Reply Quote
I actually have this same problem a few days a go. I'm a tanky dps barb, 2H with skorn with no LS :(
I got a Black chest drop, the 6% range reduce dmg is awesome, the vit is great, with 3 socket str can be covered. But i found the problem with 2nd blackthorne piece, as the guys said above, the pants is expensive with mediocre stat on it. The black boots it awful. The belt, i am not willing to give up my LS from belt at the moment. The ammy is too expensive. And then IK chest drop on me. So now i have 4 IK, and i'm trying to look for boots, the last piece. But before i buy it, i borrow IK boots from someone, and i try to test it. The 5 set bonus looks promising, but after i try it, its not that good, at least for me. I tried it with WW built, 2H skorn, fury is always at 100%, but i cant survive well enough coz lack of life steal.
So my final opinion is, u dont need 5 set bonus from IK unless u really really really need fury.
Ice climbers boots are so much better dps. I skip Blackthorne too coz i cant get the 2nd piece with a decent price for the bonuses. I rather use depth diggers even if its look kinky. And a GG rare amulet is so much better than Blackthorne amulet.
Reply Quote
loh is useless for end game barb
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]