Diablo® III

Help Barbs Progress Through MP V1.05

Hi Ender,

This is great information. Thank you. I'm currently farming Act 1 on MP2 comfortably but not as efficiently as I might like to.

The belt and boots are my character are more just for the MF(and MS on the boots). I have another belt and boots with more Str+Vit+All Res.

I have $5 million gold to spend at the moment, maybe another 5 depending on the sale of an amulet and a set of Natalya's boots I just found.

I've been looking at the auction house and marginal upgrades over my current gear seem to be getting into the millions, but I have not spent a huge amount of time scanning the auction in great detail. Do you have any advice on upgrades or my current build? Should I wait and get more gold, or is there a piece that stands out that I should and can upgrade right now?

Thanks for any advice!
Reply Quote
11/07/2012 01:23 AMPosted by Uky
Is 125M sufficient to upgrade my WW barb? also... 125m will take ages to farm lol, especially with this horrible auction house situation where nothing but the best sell.

Same situation. Lets do a party.
Reply Quote
Hey all, I will post a review shortly on the process of my 875m MP10 barb that Ender helped me build. I will also post one on the phenomol job on a 125m ww start up build that was done and easily farming mp6-7
Reply Quote
Why armor passive instead of LS? I found that LS worked much better past about 65k damage as long as you can maintain 5500 armor or so.

(please note my current gear is not what I was using before as I've been selling off items to build my stache until I am sick of Halo4 and come back)
Edited by WizziWizard#1813 on 11/7/2012 8:35 AM PST
Reply Quote
11/07/2012 01:23 AMPosted by Uky
Is 125M sufficient to upgrade my WW barb? also... 125m will take ages to farm lol, especially with this horrible auction house situation where nothing but the best sell.
Yes, its sufficient to build a WW barb from scratch. Also, if you are farming properly, all it takes is a week or two of farming even if nothing fantastic drops, but....your bound to get something good in this patch.
Reply Quote
11/07/2012 07:11 AMPosted by BoscUlrich
Do you have any advice on upgrades or my current build?
I recommend you read through everything in my post, get familiar with my dps calculator, and pay special attention to what the right stats are to get on items, such as high vit on chest pants with sockets, and high str on shoulders and belt. Getting the right stats on the right items will help you greatly.
Reply Quote
11/07/2012 08:34 AMPosted by WizziWizard
Why armor passive instead of LS?
You should have all the LS you need from you belt and offhand if your a WW barb.
Edited by Ender#1728 on 11/7/2012 6:56 PM PST
Reply Quote
Hi Ender,

i am currently farming at MP7 and wanna aim for MP8. The fundamental problem with my barb is deaing with molten/electrified/reflect mobs. There are times where i cannot generate fury fast enough to spin my way through. Otherwise i am able to clear mobs pretty easily. I am currently on 6% LS (passive + belt) with 600 LoH on my MH. In fact i was thinking of switching my MH to a higher DPS Echoing Fury with only main stats (STR & VIT) and remove the LoH. Having a small problem with the balance of my build here. Please shed some light. Thanks.
Reply Quote
11/07/2012 08:45 AMPosted by Ender
Do you have any advice on upgrades or my current build?
I recommend you read through everything in my post, get familiar with my dps calculator, and pay special attention to what the right stats are to get on items, such as high vit on chest pants with sockets, and high str on shoulders and belt. Getting the right stats on the right items will help you greatly.

Thanks. I've been using the DPS calculator for a while now and it has helped a lot.
Reply Quote
Hey ender! Do you think that at some point you would be able to build weapon throw barbs?
Reply Quote
Hey Ender and Rezic,

Just added you both in-game. I have 150m budget for a DW WW set when you get the time.

Thanks!
Reply Quote
HELPFUL TOLLS:
Here are some useful tools to get you the best gear possible.

Should be tools :3.
Edited by Systemex#1992 on 11/7/2012 3:01 PM PST
Reply Quote
You guys can use my profile for a SnB 125 mil .... I was going to ask if either of you guys would be able to explain a little better about the item you got me.... I feel like I'm using the setup the wrong way...
Reply Quote
Rezic ... You did a fantastic job for me when I discoverd that Inferno was a whole new ball game. Since then I've beat it with two Barbs, and a Monk .... and am in Act 4 w/a DH and a Wiz. All of which, I equipped using the gear you got for me as a guideline. WELL DONE!

We just might do it again ..... I'm ready to upgrade some of my Barb gear. I'd like to confortably farm MP5 and I want to start increasing my MF as well - very expensive, I know.

Take a look at my 60(10) Barbie ... give me your thoughts? Got a budget of 250-300M
Edited by Ic1HooksTV#1133 on 11/7/2012 6:57 PM PST
Reply Quote
Hey Ender ... where can I find this DPS calculator you speak of ... (i'm not too experienced in navigating this internet forum stuff) ... yeah, I'm an old fart.
Edited by Ic1HooksTV#1133 on 11/7/2012 6:58 PM PST
Reply Quote
@ Gelu that's an awesome SNB setup .. I wish I had more gold to get them to do more for me

Are you trying to keep WoTB up? If not then change:

pulverize to punish
into the fray to marauder's rage
thive on chaos to insanity

you'll boost both your dps and sustainability (through rend blood lust, higher dmg = more healing)
pop WotB for elites
Reply Quote
Hello, I'd like some advice on my barb on what build I should go with for my current gear to farm and survive better in.. mp3 and beyond. MP3 fallen maniacs murder me when I don't kill them fast enough. I'm doing a similar SnB skill build as yours but I personally don't like using wotb when it has huge cooldowns for a few second effect, I'd rather take ignore pain over that. And.. I don't have any movement speed items as I couldn't afford one.
Reply Quote
11/07/2012 10:42 AMPosted by Xzsh4dowzX
! Do you think that at some point you would be able to build weapon throw barbs?

I am able to now, I just don't like too, as I'm not 100% confident in my ability to do it expertly. I'm sure I know more then a lot of people, but that doesn't cut it when someone comes back and complains that some expert throw barb looks at their gear and said I made a big boo-boo.

If you would still like to trust me with your gold and want a set like that, I would have to do research on the minimum amount of gold I would feel comfortable with to make a good throw barb.

was going to ask if either of you guys would be able to explain a little better about the item you got me.... I feel like I'm using the setup the wrong way...

Add me in game.
Edited by Ender#1728 on 11/7/2012 7:07 PM PST
Reply Quote
11/07/2012 03:54 PMPosted by Ic1HooksTV
Hey Ender ... where can I find this DPS calculator you speak of ... (i'm not too experienced in navigating this internet forum stuff) ... yeah, I'm an old fart.
Look under the helpful tools sections, there will be a URL you can highlight, copy and past into your browser. from there you need to download the file, open it, and change it to editable.

HELPFUL TOLLS:
Here are some useful tools to get you the best gear possible.

Should be tools :3.

*blushes*....ill go fix that.....
Edited by Ender#1728 on 11/7/2012 7:09 PM PST
Reply Quote
@ Ic1HooksTV - Find me in-game. I'll hook you up. I approved your friend request. Glad you're happy, and glad to see a repeat customer! I'm looking forward to working with you again.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]