Diablo® III

Critique The Barb Above You

For anybody like me who's looking for more thorough information than just one rating or a quick comment.

Use this as a template:

Offense: #/10 (this is regarding dps, critical chance, critical damage, attack speed, etc.)

Defense: #/10 (this is regarding armor, resists, etc.)

Build: #/10 (this is regarding the skills build)

Badass: #/10 (self explanatory)

Critique: (the more thorough and detailed, the more it'll be appreciated)

EDIT: Guys, please don't ask for a critique without critiquing the guy before you. It's a "return the favor" kind of system.

EDIT 2: RETURN THY FAVOR TO THY BROTHER AKA DON'T SKIP PEOPLE

________

EDIT 3: It's been working really well so far. Try to stick to this. Otherwise if you're looking for a quick rating or quick comment use the "Rate The Barb Above You" threads.

_______

EDIT 4:

For those that actually take the time to read the OP, I've added a few additional traits you may want to critique. Feel free to suggest others!

Name #/10 (the barb's name - not the blizzard account name)

Godliness #/10 (1/10 means already a god...10/10 means a god of gods (Zeus?))

Statwh0re #/10 (having one or more stats that is over the top)

Sexiness #/10 (depth diggers = male/female stripper, etc)

Frugalicious #/10 (the less you have of uber items that are known to be blatantly expensive and still be able to have a kickass barb the higher the number)
Edited by Aeternam#1134 on 11/8/2012 6:10 AM PST
Reply Quote
Bump.
Reply Quote
BUMP...nice idea :D
Reply Quote
Thanks!

Let's start with your barb since I think it's pretty badass.

Offense: 9/10

Defense: 9/10

Build: 9/10

Badass: 9/10

Critique: Lot's of crit chance and crit damage the way I like it. Perhaps a little more strength could help you boost your dps. You definitely seem like you can use some more AR, but your armor seems high enough and you have pretty solid amount of life leech. Think you can do better on your rings.
Edited by Aeternam#1134 on 11/5/2012 5:09 PM PST
Reply Quote
@Aeternam

Offense - 8/10

Defense - 8/10

Build - 9/10 (it's WW)

Badass - 9/10

The stats are impressive.. huge strength is huge. All I can cry about is your main hand because your RLTW is dealing damage on your MH DPS. You could gain compounded damage increases by bumping that up. The defensive numbers are good, but not great but you don't need great to WW like Zeus himself. Gear rarity and stats earn badassery but WW subtracts one point because it is played out these days.

Great barb! No doubt it is more "effective" than mine but I have that spike damage swagger. Meowwww.
Reply Quote
Offense: 5/10

Defense: 5/10

Build: 6/10

Badass: 5/10

Critique: I think you tried to balance your barb quite well. But overall, it's lacks DPS and EHP. Try get some legend parts, like IK helm, and BT parts. They are kinda cheap nowadays.
Reply Quote
Offense: 5/10

Defense: 5/10

Build: 6/10

Badass: 5/10

Critique: I think you tried to balance your barb quite well. But overall, it's lacks DPS and EHP. Try get some legend parts, like IK helm, and BT parts. They are kinda cheap nowadays.

I think that's for me. Thanks. I am always looking for more gear. My damage is a build up and spike set up atm. buffed damage I carry around is 108K and WOTB spike hits 254K.

My biggest issue, I feel, is my durability. Dang molten/arcane affixes. lol

I definitely need resists and HPs.
Reply Quote
b
Reply Quote
@Horngyuh80

Offense: 6/10 Needs work here.

Defense: 8/10 Nice hp but i feel you went overboard. Also, getting more res in lieu of vit should be better for you. You should plug your data into an ehp calculator and see your stat weights.

Build: 8/10 Cookie cutter for the most part. Why mess with something that isnt broken right?

Badass: 7/10 You are probably super hard to kill but your dps is lacking.

Critique: Not sure what your goal is. If we are talking about current d2 which is pure pve then you have way too many HP and not enough dps.
Edited by Cloud9#1256 on 11/5/2012 6:11 PM PST
Reply Quote
@Horngyuh80

Offense: 6/10 Needs work here.

Defense: 8/10 Nice hp but i feel you went overboard.

Build: 8/10 Cookie cutter for the most part. Why mess with something that isnt broken right?

Badass: 7/10 You are probably super hard to kill but your dps is lacking.

Critique: Not sure what your goal is. If we are talking about current d2 which is pure pve then you have way too many HP and not enough dps.

Offense: 10/10 -- Love the damage -- works well for sustaining you at the higher MPs.
Defense: 5/10 -- You know my thoughts on this
Build: 9/10 -- You are oriented for damage
Badass: 9/10 -- A real badass would tank it!

Critique: Overall, your gear is spectacular and you're clearly oriented for all offense, all the time. I feel that more damage mitigation would allow you to tease out the potential for versatility out of your gear.
Reply Quote
@Aeternam
All I can cry about is your main hand because your RLTW is dealing damage on your MH DPS. You could gain compounded damage increases by bumping that up.

I can't for the life of me find a better main hand, especially one that's not ridiculously overpriced on the GAH.
Reply Quote
@Cloud9 and acrimony

Those are two badass mofos.
Reply Quote
@Cloud9

My goal is to be PVP oriented. Pve means nothing to me.
Currently farming at mp6 was ok.
Mp10 doable, no deaths, but way way too slow.

Agree my DPS is kinda low.
Will try to bump up DPS along the way.

You sure have veryvery nice gears.
Swap a good Iceclimbers and i think you are pretty much done with much more EHP.
Reply Quote
Aeternam, I know youve already been reviewed but I'll go ahead and do one anyways :P

Offense: 8/10, you dont need all that much to WW pretty well, and 75k is pretty good for one in my opinion.

Defense: 8/10, a lot of HP, I find it hard to maintain DPS and high health, really all I think I need is a helm with socket (my next sought after upgrade)

Build: 8/10, I feel like WW is severely overused (granted it is the most efficient farming method) but there are other ItF + ToC builds out there.

Badass: 9/10, you do a good amount of base damage with above average health, so you can take damage and dish it out well without having too much to worry about.

Critique: More CD, I know its pricey, but hey, everyone wants to see 500k, 600k, 700k crits :P Also, WW as I said is overused, admittedly its for farming, but for variety something like Throw + ItF + No Escape would be a hilarious combination (1 crit = 30 fury = >+1 second of WotB :D ) and you really dont NEED a three hundredth spear...it helps, but its not necessary, in my honest opinion.
Reply Quote
Aeternam, I know youve already been reviewed but I'll go ahead and do one anyways :P

Offense: 8/10, you dont need all that much to WW pretty well, and 75k is pretty good for one in my opinion.

Defense: 8/10, a lot of HP, I find it hard to maintain DPS and high health, really all I think I need is a helm with socket (my next sought after upgrade)

Build: 8/10, I feel like WW is severely overused (granted it is the most efficient farming method) but there are other ItF + ToC builds out there.

Badass: 9/10, you do a good amount of base damage with above average health, so you can take damage and dish it out well without having too much to worry about.

Critique: More CD, I know its pricey, but hey, everyone wants to see 500k, 600k, 700k crits :P Also, WW as I said is overused, admittedly its for farming, but for variety something like Throw + ItF + No Escape would be a hilarious combination (1 crit = 30 fury = >+1 second of WotB :D ) and you really dont NEED a three hundredth spear...it helps, but its not necessary, in my honest opinion.

Usually i use no escape with throw. Crit from 400k-700k++ on elites from mighty throw.
Profile was sort of jumble up.

Person below rate souljah please.
Reply Quote

Usually i use no escape with throw. Crit from 400k-700k++ on elites from mighty throw.
Profile was sort of jumble up.

Person below rate souljah please.

If I'm not mistaken, you were the one who gave me all the Weapon Throw advice hahaha, never got to thank you though, but I do remember being some sort of jerk about it :P
Reply Quote

Thanks for the second critique.

Regarding my build, I used to be all about Frenzy/Smite with Revenge/Provocation and Leap/Impact etc., but once I tried out WW and the Alkaizer's run I quickly realized how much more efficient my farming became.

Also, I'm just not a fan of weapon throw Barb's, but maybe one day I'll get sick of my current build and try it out!

Next critique should be for Souljah11.
Reply Quote
Feeling out of my league compared to some in this thread.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]