Diablo® III

Critique The Barb Above You

@Doughnut - Thanks, this way I can avoid the OPs rule on rating the barb above...

I'm in need of some help. I have a (moderately) successful WD, but I've had a crappy barb since about patch 1.03. So maybe someone can help me out. In the old days I just stood around and hit stuff without dying while my friends did the actual killing. I've toyed with the WW barb, but even after reading up on how to play it, I still seem to suck. I have a random spattering of weapons/ shields, but the armor I'm wearing is pretty much the best I've got.

Any help would be appreciated.
Reply Quote
@Foldz1984

Offense: 8/10 very high DW dps

Defense: 8/10 solid, maybe you more res because of your helm

Build - 8/10 nice all around build with speed and AoE. Can you keep wrath up the whole time?

Badass: ???

Overall: great barb but still have a lot of space to improve
Reply Quote
Ok gotcha, that makes sense. Thanks for the clarification.

Anyone want to rate my build? Know that I don't buy anything with real money, only by grinding the old fashioned way.
Reply Quote
Ok gotcha, that makes sense. Thanks for the clarification.

Anyone want to rate my build? Know that I don't buy anything with real money, only by grinding the old fashioned way.

I'm sorry, but you just got a rating. So give another if you want another. I did that, got skipped, I'm not weaselling for one. It's not that hard to give a rating if you want one.
Reply Quote
Any one rate and help me plz :)
Reply Quote
@Foldz

Offense: 9/10 Very good DPs. Pretty good Crit Chance and nice critical damage %. Really like the helm, rings, and amulet

Defense: 6/10 Not bad. Decent All Resist. Could maybe use a bit more. Decent life for as much damage as you do. It would be nice if that helm had a socket

Build: 8/10. I'm more on the Noob side than an expert, so I can't critique too much.

Badass: I dont know what this means either, but I wouldn't wanna meet you in an alley, so 9/10.

Critique: The only suggestion I could give is to find a similar helm that's socketed and put an amy in it. Other than that, I'm too much of a noob to go into detail. Maybe try to get some more vit.
Reply Quote
@AnhTran

Offense: 8/10 -- amazing DPS for a S&B WW Barbarian!
Defense: 9/10 -- I would have to check your EHP on DProg, but I'm 99% sure you're around the 1M EHP range; 20% melee damage reduction is fantastic! I've been looking around for IK gloves with mods similar to my gloves (but without vitality) to no avail.
Build: 8/10 -- While S&B WW takes awhile to melt down packs at the higher MPs, it's still really cool animation to see Captain America fly through the content.
Badassery: 10/10 -- Captain. America.
Reply Quote
@Foldz
Badass: I dont know what this means either, but I wouldn't wanna meet you in an alley, so 9/10.

A badass is exactly that - someone you don't want to meet in an alley.

It's actually two words..bad-!@#..but blizzard doesn't allow such fowl language.

Just a clarification post. Don't critique me.
Edited by Aeternam#1134 on 11/8/2012 9:48 AM PST
Reply Quote
I'm sorry, but you just got a rating. So give another if you want another. I did that, got skipped, I'm not weaselling for one. It's not that hard to give a rating if you want one.

Actually I didn't get a rating. I was replied to from the feedback/questions I gave when I rated someone. Nobody actually rated my character yet.
Reply Quote
@acrimony thanks for the kind words. I was lol so hard when you talk about captain america spinning around act 3 inferno :))

Here is your rate

Offense: 10/10 insane dps for DW barb. what a godly barb for me. I wonder if i can reach 200+ unbuff with S&B

Denfense: 9/10 (the glove that u look for must be crazy in price at least 500mil+)

Build: 10/10 WW with weapon throw is the badass for bosses and range mob
Reply Quote
@CameNyoGrill

It's true you got skipped. Allow me to critique you.

Offense: 6/10

Defense: 8/10

Build: 8/10

Badass: 7/10

Critique: You and I are similar since we don't play as much as most others. You definitely need to work on your dps. Get more strength and Critical Damage, but your Critical Chance is great. Your defense is too good! High All Resists and high armor. I would change War Cry / Impunity for Overpower / Killing Spree. Fix this up and you'll be more of a badass!

EDIT: Forgot to mention you need way more vitality! Otherwise Defense would be a 10.

Next critique should be for GINGRBABYROT since he got skipped.
Edited by Aeternam#1134 on 11/8/2012 10:31 AM PST
Reply Quote
11/07/2012 09:59 PMPosted by theloaf1
@jen getting rid of the shield for a weapon with high crit would greatly increase your dps. you should also try for a helm with a socket because the benefits are so great on which ever way you go. you should but ruthless in for a passive and youll see your dps go up. also instead of ground stomp and over power try substituting WOTB thrive on chaos and sprint run like the wind. your barb is very unconventional but thats not necessarily a bad thing, nice to see some diversity

i got skipped :(
Reply Quote
***just a disclaimer that I'm no expert so don't take any offense to what I say***

@theloaf

Offense: 5.5/10 You should try to get more strength. Try to be closer to 2000. The first place I would look to upgrade would be the rings. Try to find something with some attack speed and crit chance. If not the rings then try to get attack speed on something else. And again, try to add strength. Maybe find some socketed chest and pants. I don't remember if they had sockets or not.

Defense: 6/10. Don't remember your armor but it didn't seem too bad. Decent all resist. Anywhere around 500 is adequate.

Build: 5/10. Again, I'm more of a noob so it's hard for me to critique this much. Seems ok to me, but definately work on the damage. Your way too low for as little health as you have.

Badass: 2/10. If I see you in a dark alley, I'll probably strike up a convo and maybe give you a few bucks for food lol.

Critique: Try to get some IAS on your rings or somewere else. Also, try to get up to 2000 strength. Find gear with sockets. Especially helm. I don't remember what was socketed on your equipment, but you should get sockets in your helm, chest, and pants. You can load up on strength and vitality that way. Good Luck.
Reply Quote
@GINGRBABYROT probably the 1st thing u should do is to get move speed on your boots / bracers etc , with say 24 % move speed , you can drop triumph and move on to bash punish or frenzy maniac for more damage

and with so much hp ( 120 K ) , you could gimp a bit on defense and give up your defensive passive seeing as how you dont have any fury burners , berserker rage is a good way to give a straight up 25 % bonus

you might want to push your crit chance up in the slots that can have them ( amulet/rings / bracers / helm / gloves)
Reply Quote
@Wockets

Offense: 8/10 only because offhand could be better :)
Defense: 9/10 very good AR, str maybe more vit?

Build: 10/10 lol same one as me :)

Badass: 9/10 im comparing you to me on this and you win. love the echoing fury and IK pieces. :)
Critique: very nice gear, only maybe more vit (im working on more vit. for my guy as well) and better offhand and some pants with a socket or 2 :) other than that very badass man!
Reply Quote
rate pls
Reply Quote
Thanks Wockets. I agree on everything. I've been trying to get my crit chance. I need to find a axe/mace so I get the extra 10% chance from weapon master. I'm looking for a skorn right now but it's hard finding the right one on the RMAH. Looking for strength, socket, 700+LOH. Haven't found anything yet at a reasonable price.

Thanks again tho.
Reply Quote
Meant to say echoing fury, not skorn
Reply Quote
21 Night Elf Rogue
@pausiopao

Offense: 9/10 There is always room for improvement but very nice DPS!

Defense: 8/10 solid

Build - 9/10

Badass: 10/10

Overall: great barb, I would just look at improving the bracers could get better with more strength..

my profile
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Icepick-1129/hero/8461384
Reply Quote
@thor
offense:4/10 with 2her there are some easier upgrades to get with more crit and some ls
defense 5/10 basically work on getting health about 45k 33k is rough
build: seems solid but I dont play a 2her so not real opinion on it
badass:5/10 your name is Thor 5points for you!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]