Diablo® III

Critique The Barb Above You

@ gifted, i like your weapon choices :)
all items you picked are good, just need more stats on them and a lot more all resist, if you want to get higher in MP levels.
Reply Quote
@DRPT:

EHP NEED.

Otherwise, everything seems fine. Nice touch on that sunkeeper.
Reply Quote
@Uberjager

OMG nice dps dude!

Only things missing are atk speed on gloves, rings and crit on lacuni. /jelly me XD
Reply Quote
@Uberjager

OMG nice dps dude!

Only things missing are atk speed on gloves, rings and crit on lacuni. /jelly me XD

Avoiding crit on lacunis for now, AR/crit/Str/vit is pretty expensive.

Rings are 30m/40m respectively, really cheap.

Gloves... was 200m for 70 AR, 40 CD, was a pretty good deal.

I think the only thing I overpaid on was the pants. Was kinda impulsive on that.
Reply Quote
Suggestions on boosting my dps cost effectively are welcomed. I know my hp is a little low and I'm looking to boost it to at least 40k.
Reply Quote
@Shoe

Offense: 7/10

Decent dmg, can be better since using a Skorn. CC can be higher, get it on your amulet (can go up to 10%, a waste not to get it there), can get higher on bracers also, 4.5 there is reasonable. Some IAS or CD on the ring to go with the CC helps. Try to push Str above 2.4k.

Having a weaker version of the IK Helm or Gloves can stifle your DPS, altho the 5 set bonus si nice. Gloves can get CD and IAS too.

Defense: 7.5/10

Good Res, armor and HP. Higher on each will be nice.

Build: 6.5/10

Never tried Ignore Pain in place of RLTW, does it actually work well? Using Hurricane Rune goes a long way with RLTW. But since you're using Ignore Pain instead, might as well use the Volcanic Eruption Rune for more dps, or use RLTW.

Badass: 7/10

Interesting build, quite balanced offence and defence barb. Keep improving!
Edited by Orion#6600 on 11/16/2012 3:51 PM PST
Reply Quote
Orion, your barb looks great.

What should I do to boost my dps? Obviously my weapons need an upgrade, but it seems like everything that would be an upgrade is way too expensive. Is there anything for less than 20 mil that would significantly increase my dps?
Reply Quote
Thanks for the input Orion, it's very helpful. Ignore pain is good because you get full hp back and basically invincible during that time. I'm going to try out crushing advance because it maybe better. I may ultimately go to RLTW once I get more comfortable using a barb. I'm learning as I go along and it's tough on a tight budget.

@captnapalm: You can consider switching to different pants for more st but you will sacrifice some other bonuses. The same goes for your ring, you can gain cd and ias but sacrifice some ar.
Reply Quote
Orion, your barb looks great.

What should I do to boost my dps? Obviously my weapons need an upgrade, but it seems like everything that would be an upgrade is way too expensive. Is there anything for less than 20 mil that would significantly increase my dps?

not quite a rating but to answer your question about dps, trash War Cry and use Overpower Killing spree.

Also IMO you should start the transition to LS instead of LoH. Once you upgrade your weapons a little bit it will be much more effective than LoH. Shoot for 6% or more

Edit: You could also get much better pants, I don't like Innas personally, and yeah, you would lose the MS but you would gain much more survivability with the AR and armor (str included) your are missing using those Innas. You can get a cheap pair of lacuni's to make up for the MS if you feel like you need it.
Edited by LordZeus#1756 on 11/16/2012 5:12 PM PST
Reply Quote
can someone give me advice on my gear but mostly my main hand ? i was thinking echoing fury but idk if the fear is worth it
Reply Quote
@futuremaw if youre gonna buy an EF, use it for offhand, the fear procs less often. for your mainhand, use a high damge weapon instead of high speed weapon, around 1k+ coz your nado get damage from them.
Reply Quote
@redclaw

Offense: 6/10
Defense: 7/10
Build: 7/10
Badass: 6/10

Good gear but I would try to upgrade your gems, not cheap but it adds up. Don't you also want to switch hands? A bit more armor too.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
@Shogunmj

Offense: 7/10 could pick up alot more AS and get some base crit damage on your weapons for a good damage boost, nice strength though
Defense: 8/10 solid hp, could probs loose a bit in place for a damage boost, great armour, resists maybe a tad low??
Build: 7/10 solid WW build, could maybe switch tough as nails for bloodthirst then you could drop your offhand with ls and pick up one with crit damage
Badass: 8/10 love the look of a nice bulked out IK set :D

Im not the best person to critique as I personally am only just returning to d3 after a long break, so yes my gear isn't that flashy either, but if I was in your situation these are definately the things I would strive for! Hope a gave you a good go :)

Link for my barb : http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/SHAZZZ-1714/hero/7838013
Edited by SHAZZZ#1714 on 11/16/2012 8:00 PM PST
Reply Quote
@Zerub.

Offense: 6/10. Upgrade your gems and you'll get the biggest increase. Also, your neck has mid rolls, I would think you could pick up a better one for under 10m.

Defense: 7/10 For running with the hp gem in your slot you want to get another couple hundred vit. Your neck is missing it and the gem in your helm is 4% (1600hp) with that hp.

Build: 8/10 Boost up your defenses a little more so you can drop impunity for Overpower, feels very nice for a free spam nuke that boosts you 10% crit.

Badass: 10/10 Your character is fresh. Like, you haven't even played him that much and your gear is near mine. It makes me feel like I royally screwed up somewhere, so total badass >:l

Critique: Gems are going to be huge and simple to upgrade. 40% crit dmg is a lot of dps. Also, the 50 or so str you'll get, and the hp mentioned earlier, those are simple ones. As far as good gear upgrades, I don't think I'm in any position to preach.
Edited by Fetid#1128 on 11/16/2012 8:16 PM PST
Reply Quote
@redclaw

Offense: 6/10
Defense: 7/10
Build: 7/10
Badass: 6/10

Good gear but I would try to upgrade your gems, not cheap but it adds up. Don't you also want to switch hands? A bit more armor too.

actually the profile is messed up. my dps is 120k at the moment. will have to wait till the profile corrects itself :)
Edited by redclaw#6154 on 11/16/2012 8:32 PM PST
Reply Quote
@ Fetid

Offense: 7/10

You have some good pieces. Not sure if the Sun Keeper is there permanently but its definitely weighing you down. Your crit chance is quite low for a DT/WW build, but great ASPD should hustle you along in terms of fury regeneration. The next upgrades would be double damage modifier rings with high average dmg, decent strength. Unity's are fairly overpriced for the amount of stats they give. Just replacing these pieces will get you a whole ton of extra DPS.

Defense: 6/10
Gonna have to nail you here bro, vit gems in armor, no vit on legs (oh god missing out on 300, why). No vit on Ice Climbers, when they can roll almost 500 mainstats. A lot of your gear that you have heavily invested in because of armor rolls WILL bottleneck your gear progression. You cannot afford to give up that amulet because it has too much vit on it. IK chest is overrated for total stats at an entry level - mid tier chestpiece. There is also a lot of vit/life% left to get on your shoulders, not to mention up to 100 more strength.

Don't get me wrong, as a whole, your gearset works. Its just that down the path you are gonna be very frustrated for upgrades (for DPS at least) because your main pieces have little to no VIT on them. Less armor and a good deal more HP will increase your EHP significantly.

Build: Fine and dandy, standard WW.

Badass: 8/10

I actually like the Sun Keeper. Very sassy. Also you have 24MS which I am jealous of.
Reply Quote
@ John.

Offense: 9/10 - Not sure where else you could increase your dps, maybe a better hellfire ring or perhaps a crit mempo's. Perhaps a lacuni to increase your MS

Defense: 8/10 - Could possibly use a little bit more vit but I assume that massive dps and 6% lifesteal should keep your hp topped off easily. Maybe an IK belt with some vit if necessary?

Build: 9/10 - Haven't seen that build before, kinda unique! I wonder how well that works, quite interested to see it in action.

Badass: 9.5/10 - Had always wanted to try out a skorn build and it seems like your's is a little hybrid'ish might I call it which seems pretty awesome!
Reply Quote
@popo

I'll try my best to critique though I just came back to diablo after a 3 month hiatus.

Offense: 8/10 - much better than mine for sure! Sunkeeper can be switched for a better weapon with crit damage and socket to up your dps when not mfing. Cc is low, especially on your ammy. Btw your hellfire is awesome, cc and ias omg!

Defense: 8/10 - could have more vit and allres for higher mp, get it on your lacuni perhaps?

Build: standard WW

Badass: 9/10 - love the hellfire!

Overall great build with decent mf. Unity could be switched with a rare with better cc and either cd or ias (or both!)

Would appreciate if someone can critique me, I'm a poor dude with only 5 mil :(
Reply Quote
plz rate mine
Reply Quote
@kang

Offense: 4/10 Nice weapons but they lack Sockets for CHD gems this lowers your over all dps by 40'000 Plus On your main hand look for AS and STR with Socket Off Hand Look for LS or LoH STR Vit and socket keep off hand dps above 650 Dps you can find them cheaper.. Main hand Dps above 900 look for a mace as you will collect 10 CHC from weapons master and maces tend to have more to offer at a lower cost.
Other then that what you have will do other then the Pants get Two sockets and put in Rubys..
Upgrade those gems there cheap now.

Defense: 6.5/10. Your vit and AR are fine for now but you need to get that armour up The gems will help with this more STR equals more armour.So if you upgrade your overall str by say 700 this will be a hugh increase in defense as well as offense.

Build: 8/10. Standed build good work but change super out for TaN you need the Armour which will also act in the performance of protection from non-physical

Badass: 5/10. has potential your on the right track understand budget doesn't help

Critique: Overall Ok build. Can improve in many areas as mentioned above.And you will see some great benifits watch the auction house you will find deals..
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]