Diablo® III

Critique The Barb Above You

View profile
@JuzamDjinn

Offense: 8/10 - Good IAS and CC, but CD and Str are low
Defense: 7/10 - Good AR and armor, but life could be a lot higher
Build: 9/10 - WW is strong, but I took off one for not being exactly original (this is me too lol)
Badass: 5/10 - Each piece of gear looks cool, but I bet together you look like a clown :p

Critique: Get a CD Echoing Fury. You'll also want to transition onto trifecta rings to get more CD in. And for the end game, you'll eventually want a CC Mempo and a super high Vit IK chest. This will get you a lot more life (from the IK chest), you'll keep the 2 piece IK bonus (chest+belt), and you'll be basically moving IAS from your old Tal's chest to the mempo.

But yeah, that's gonna be costly.
Reply Quote
rate me . BTW im noob , any advices are welcome!
Choose europe region
Edited by mixas#2975 on 11/21/2012 4:01 AM PST
Reply Quote
@Minax...get a chest with sockets...drop the shield and get two descent weapons with crit damage and sockets and one with some life steal for more and get more crit chance and attack speed also try and get a belt with life steal or use bloodthirst
Reply Quote
@Minax

Offense: 4/10 - get a chest and legs with sockets and get more str, crit chance and crit damage and drop the shield and get 2 weapons with crit damage and sockets for more

Defence: 5/10 - Armor is fine but need more res all and vit

Build: 5/10 - if you want to use WW drop the shield

Badass: 5/10 - you have some work to do but we all had to start somewhere

Critique: You will also need to add some life steal throughout...on weapons, belt or bloodthirst
Reply Quote
@Dwragon

I didn't realize IAS and WW tick rates go hand in hand? Thanks for the advice!

Also, I farm on MP1 with really high efficiency. Ignore Pain's Ignorance is Bliss is all I need in situations when I'm in trouble, which is rare.

@TechJunkie

Thanks for the reciprocated critique! You should try out Ignorance is Bliss and Bloodthirst. Would be curious to see what you think.

Actually, you and Dwragon are making me wonder if I'm farming at too low of an MP leve l (MP1). Because Ignorance is Bliss's 5 seconds of immortality is all I need in those rare tough situations (especially RD elites). Perhaps at higher MP levels it's not as beneficial? But then again, I thought MP1 was considered the most efficient for a barb like mine...

Regarding my name, I got it from the film Pulp Fiction =D
Reply Quote
@Dwragon
@TechJunkie

Thanks for the reciprocated critique! You should try out Ignorance is Bliss and Bloodthirst. Would be curious to see what you think.

Actually, you and Dwragon are making me wonder if I'm farming at too low of an MP leve l (MP1). Because Ignorance is Bliss's 5 seconds of immortality is all I need in those rare tough situations (especially RD elites). Perhaps at higher MP levels it's not as beneficial? But then again, I thought MP1 was considered the most efficient for a barb like mine...

Regarding my name, I got it from the film Pulp Fiction =D

You know I have tried farming at MP1. Just doesnt work for me. I still farm just as fast. Different schools of thought but at the lower levels it is much harder for me to keep my fury going. I personally don't think MP1 should be a rule. My opinion is farm which one makes the most sense for your DPS. If everything dies one hit you are pretty fury starved. I rather have my Zerk up all the time. I farm 5 but I blow through it just as fast if not faster since i keep my fury the whole time. I am sure some would argue with me but hey let them do what they want. Works for me.
Reply Quote
Any for me
Reply Quote
@TechJunkie

I'll give it a try at higher MP levels, but I must admit that I still mf swap for the final blow on elites ><

@LordNazgul

You should critique first before asking for a critique - doctaphilly and glabrecque both deserve critiques. You have a kickass barb so I doubt you can't give some good advice!
Reply Quote
@Aeternam:

I would get better boots, better bracers, and possibly higher DPS off-hand (although strength boost is pretty big...)
Reply Quote
@Jormunrek:

. Offense: 9/10. Good Str (2,4K), Good DPS (over 100k), Very good CC (43,5% without buffs!!!), Good CD (241%) and Decent IAS (22%). Great. Going SnB and maintaining that high dps is not easy.

. Defense: 8,5/10.Armor (7K), Resist (544), Life Regen (0), LoH (0), Life Steal (3%) + Bloodthirsty Passive (3%) and Block (32%). Not having any Life Regen and LoH sure does decrease the gold to find items with other Great Stats but it ended up making you take Bloodthirsty for passive right? With your damage those 6% Life Steal, especially HotA Spamming are probably keeping you safe. And having block always helps =)

. Build: 9/10. Forgot to rune your rend? Well, the build/Passives is:
Cleave/RS - Aoe/Increase fury genen.
Leap/DfA - Mobility/CC - Stun.
HotA/TS - Aoe ton of DMG/Stun on Kill/Fury Dump.
Rend/? - (I'm guessing Blood Lust here). DoT for finish/Life Replinisher/Fury Dump.
Battle Rage/ItF - Improve DMG and CC/ Fuel for infinite WotB/ToC.
Wrath of the Beserker/ToC - Well... Buffs CC/IAS/Movement Speed/Dodge - immunity to Crowd Control

Ruthless: 5%CC/50%CD.
Bloodthirsty: 3% Life Steal.
Weapon Master: 10%CC.

Well, with over 63,5%CC without Zerk. It's pretty much. Leap, Cleave 1 or 2x, Into the Fray, WoTB, and then it's all HotA and Rend to finish the pack, deal with kiters/Ranged. With Both Leap and HotA with Stun effects should be hella fun to play with it. Block + Buffs from WoTB + Great Gear + 6% Life Steal most likely can handle some intense stuff.
Curious to learn what MP you can handle... Both in farming and ubers? And not seeing double nado is also nice.

. Badass: 9,5/10. I've grown sick of SnB because of 1.00-1.02 times. But going that way with a different build and doing that much damage is very nice. And not using a double nado spec counts as well. My opinion.[/b]

. Name: 8/10. Same name as the acc. I like it. Just not enought to warrant a better score. Pure taste here.
. Godliness: 6/10. I Think your damage is very nice and surviv as well. But how eficient/fast is your high mp farming?
. Statwh0re: 10/10. 43,5% CC? That's good enough for me...
. Sexiness: 10/10. Full Plated, all Black Death? Yeah that's how it should be...
. Frugalicious: 5/13. Only four items out of the 13 you got aren't cookie cutter. Not that they are bed at all quite the opposite. Your pants, I can understand because of your mid-low health poll for that kind of gear (35k). If the question below is yes to RMAH why not going for an ÜBER vita IK Chest that could help you out with that health? Overall nice.

.A last question? RMAH and/or AH trader and/or Incredibly Lucky?
With that few Elite Kills, I'm inclined to say a combination of first and second. Not that it really matters it's your money and how you use it is not my business... I'm just curious...

Edit1: Your profile is the European one right? It's the only one that has been found so that's what I'll be critiquing.
Edit2: To @Light. Yeah I need some sockets and also I need gold and lucky =(... And thanks for the detailed critique =P.
Edited by Ravlaor#1393 on 11/21/2012 7:43 AM PST
Reply Quote
View profile
@ravlaor

you need sockets in your gears...lol
Reply Quote
View profile
Choose europe region

Yeah you are a noob; you skipped me and got 2 critiques

Wtf
Reply Quote
@ryeong

offense 6/10
defense 4/10
build 5/10
badass 5/10

look we have same weapons lol
u need alot more crit chance, bump it to 30%
life / resist all doesnt seem to be enough for higher MP

I can easily farm mp 5-7 with my low resists and hp for fast runs I do Mp4
Reply Quote
Choose europe region

Yeah you are a noob; you skipped me and got 2 critiques

Wtf

Offense: 8/10 - Good and well rounded barb stats here, could use some more strength but not needed. I would suggest getting all +58 Strength gems, that would be nice.
Defense: 8/10 - Nice AR/ Armor and Life, pretty well rounded, could always be higher but not needed
Build: 9/10 - Good ol' whirlwind/sprint build, I would even say to remve undying for Bloodthirst, 3% life steal is pretty nice and you dont need 2 fury per second im sure.

Overall pretty well rounded barb here, I am sure you handle MP6+ runs with ease.
Reply Quote
critique me
Reply Quote
11/21/2012 03:53 PMPosted by Jook
critique me

9.5/10
almost the best defense barb i've seen with high life / dps

BUT ... do you really need all that vit ?
how often do u see it drop pass the 1/2 mark
i'd change out all those vit gems to str for faster kill

i say get at least 12% run/walk speed to spawn tornado
Edited by Gawdzilla#1218 on 11/21/2012 4:02 PM PST
Reply Quote
@doctaphilly

If you're going to stick with the 5 piece IK set then you could prob upgrade your gloves/belt.

Work on your hellfire ring, shoulders could also do with a upgrade.

Should keep you busy for a while :P
Reply Quote
@gifted

Offense 8/10
Denfense 5.5/10
Built 6/10
Badass 6/10

High dps but lack LS for survivability in gears though i know with rend you don't require LS skorn. For higher mps and more flexibility in builts, get a LS skorn n swap a str witching hour.
Skorn not optimum for WW builts. Build more EHP.
Edited by Horngyuh80#6218 on 11/21/2012 4:21 PM PST
Reply Quote
@ Klyazar

Offense - 7/10

Defense - 8/10

Build - 8/10 I love rend build !

Badass - 6/10 Rend own but u need some good items to be badass

Good build !!! i love ur helm :D u have a great potential with that build but u really need a better skorn. Really decent u need a better ammy clearly ur vil wrd should be upgraded u can find some same str with 10% life for like 600k on the AH :D Glove can be changed too :D

total note 7/10 really not bad but still miss some important items

Plz rate me and critique me i really need your advice !!!
Reply Quote
B
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]