Diablo® III

Critique The Barb Above You

@FrakinSkullz:
Thanks for your feedback! Add me in-game. Would love to run with you. (anyone on this forum can friend me and co-op. I'm usually AFK, and play on the late evenings. I am noob paragon level because I switched over from DH. I had a 48 paragon DH at 250k dps legacy nats...sold it all for this 2 billion barb).

@FrakinSkullz:
Well balanced. You know the formula to success very well for dual-wield barb. I think the shoulders and amulet would be the cheapest to upgrade. But, you already know what to upgrade.

Instead of a breakdown, how about a template of a really really really geared barb:
(I have it bookmarked and use it as a template for upgrades).
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/saberfenix-1119/hero/1627180

Enjoy.
Friend me.
Reply Quote
@acrimony

Offense 9/10 great of course but can always improve
Defense 10/10 I feel you have nailed that nice spot there and as game stands dont see much reason for any more. To go up you lose offfense
Build 7/10 just cause I am not that big on the build I know you make it work but I feel it can be more creative
Badass 9/10 honestly one of the better out there if not damn near the top. You can be smug but you give as much help as you give crap so I take it gladly.

I know My gear is on its way but getting there slowly.
Reply Quote
@Acrimony:
Drool. fap. fap. fap. drip.
Edited by Castablanca#1545 on 11/6/2012 1:14 PM PST
Reply Quote
@TechJunkie:
Offense: 8/10 = MOAR attack speed. You already have mempo, great start. But, I cannot emphasize this enough. Dual Wield Barb's eat attack speed for breakfast, lunch, and dinner.
Defense: 9/10 = excessive resists. Up your life. I need to up mine too. ;)
Build: 10/10 = classic build.
Badass: 8/10 = solid. You know what you doin bro.
Reply Quote
I will definately add you casta as I dont really have anyone I play with online and i've been looking for some good co-op games now that i'm decently geared. It's funny that you link that profile because I saw one of his youtube videos and I instantly wanted to be up to SaberFenix's level, his attack speed is ridiculous (Hence why I geared mainly towards ias gear for nado ticks), anyways i'll be on tonight after work so maybe we can do some runs this evening. :)
Reply Quote
11/06/2012 01:23 PMPosted by FrakinSkullz
will definately add you casta as I dont really have anyone I play with online and i've been looking for some good co-op games now that i'm decently geared. It's funny that you link that profile because I saw one of his youtube videos and I instantly wanted to be up to SaberFenix's level, his attack speed is ridiculous (Hence why I geared mainly towards ias gear for nado ticks), anyways i'll be on tonight after work so maybe we can do some runs this evening. :)

Same here. I loved his video, seismic slam build.
I'm getting close to his attack speed :P
I'll be on later tonight too after work. See u then.
Reply Quote
Whats your aps sitting at? I'm at like 2.7 or something and I feel like i'm still miles away from where he's at :(
Reply Quote
11/06/2012 01:23 PMPosted by FrakinSkullz
will definately add you casta as I dont really have anyone I play with online and i've been looking for some good co-op games now that i'm decently geared. It's funny that you link that profile because I saw one of his youtube videos and I instantly wanted to be up to SaberFenix's level, his attack speed is ridiculous (Hence why I geared mainly towards ias gear for nado ticks), anyways i'll be on tonight after work so maybe we can do some runs this evening. :)

Same here. I loved his video, seismic slam build.
I'm getting close to his attack speed :P
I'll be on later tonight too after work. See u then.
Reply Quote
Well kinda noob around here. So i will skip the critique and wait for feed back :)
Reply Quote
@Krivelios:
Offense: 8.5/10 = Superb strength, crit chance, crit damage. More attack speed will amplify your damage by a TON. And, higher attack speed synergizes very well with your stacked life steal gear.
Defense: 10/10 = Superb resistances and armor rating. Just enough vit. Very good lifesteal. You have enough lifesteal and dps to switch Rend bloodlust to Rend Lacerate.
Build: 10/10 = I like your build a lot. I use it sometimes too. You clearly appreciate the beauty of Rend. It's perfect with your amount of life steal. And, your passive choice is excellent. Superstition fits well with your build because you have more than enough armor.

Very nice barb. Next gear upgrade should be an Echo Fury with crit damage. and, ATTACK SPEED. Your rings, amulet, and gloves should all have attack speed.
Reply Quote
@Castablanca 10/10 I'd dream of having your gear. Holy crap
Reply Quote
@acrimony

Defense 10/10 I feel you have nailed that nice spot there and as game stands dont see much reason for any more. To go up you lose offfense
Build 7/10 just cause I am not that big on the build I know you make it work but I feel it can be more creative
Badass 9/10 honestly one of the better out there if not damn near the top. You can be smug but you give as much help as you give crap so I take it gladly.

Thanks for critique. If anything, I didn't really build the Barbarian for purely WW.

@Acrimony:

lol... have fun with the mess.

11/06/2012 02:46 PMPosted by MFTrust

Offense: 9/10: Very nice. You got a good amount of critical hit chance, a very nice Skorn, and oodles of critical hit damage to really take down packs quickly. I would recommend you change out Overpower for Rend given your immense weapon damage.
Defense: 1/10: Unfortunately, I think it's very poor. Criminally low resistances, <40k HP with an amethyst socketed in your helm, and very low damage mitigation overall. I dislike skills like War Cry or Overpower because it hides the true pitfalls of low EHP builds.
Build: 6/10: Very good damage, terrible EHP. Overall, you could do much worse, but balance should be your key.
Badassery: 7/10: Anyone using a Skorn gets a nice skore :)
Reply Quote
@acrimony

Thanks for critique. If anything, I didn't really build the Barbarian for purely WW.

@Acrimony:

lol... have fun with the mess.

11/06/2012 02:46 PMPosted by MFTrust

Offense: 9/10: Very nice. You got a good amount of critical hit chance, a very nice Skorn, and oodles of critical hit damage to really take down packs quickly. I would recommend you change out Overpower for Rend given your immense weapon damage.
Defense: 1/10: Unfortunately, I think it's very poor. Criminally low resistances, <40k HP with an amethyst socketed in your helm, and very low damage mitigation overall. I dislike skills like War Cry or Overpower because it hides the true pitfalls of low EHP builds.
Build: 6/10: Very good damage, terrible EHP. Overall, you could do much worse, but balance should be your key.
Badassery: 7/10: Anyone using a Skorn gets a nice skore :)

In defense of the build, I was just doing some mp1 xp runs with a buncha xp gear but grabbed a new ring so I threw my normal gear together. Usually I prefer a rend/hota/overwhelm build for mp10s. Hoping I can stick aroung ~150k dps and slowly increase my vit and defense.
Reply Quote
@acrimony
I knoew you've been reviewed before but i'll review you as well.

Offense: 9.5/10 Insane Damage, wish I came in even close. High crit chance and crit dmg, maybe the next upgrade would be a mempo with crit? Even though that is insanely expensive.

Defense: 10/10 Almost 600 AR, almost 80K life? How do you get 80k life? Not much to improve here.

Build: 10/10. I've been looking to change to a weapon throw build but I stand no chance with my crit chance at the moment. :S. How do you get your weapon throw started?

Badassery: 10/10. Just overall a badass barb!

Comments: You pretty much beat Diablo 3 :P

Ooo for the person reviewing me, I'm trying to save up money to get a lacunis with crit chance, so that I can replace my ring and amulet with more offensive ones. but those are expensive :S
Reply Quote
Hard act to follow Acrimony, but I have only one suggestion for his barb. Pickup radius. I played for about 2 months with 0 radius and recently got it back on a belt. Pickup radius is so nice to have and worth losing some DPS/EHP to get. Places to add it would maybe be in the lacuni's (instead of armor roll... good luck with that :P), godly mighty belt, or GG rare pants.

9/10 in all categories -- your barb is more or less the direction I gear. Gearing with more emphasis on EHP so you can run pretty much any build effectively. I'd give 10/10 but you have more mods that could roll on your rares.
Reply Quote
4/10
Reply Quote
@acrimony
I knoew you've been reviewed before but i'll review you as well.

Offense: 9.5/10 Insane Damage, wish I came in even close. High crit chance and crit dmg, maybe the next upgrade would be a mempo with crit? Even though that is insanely expensive.

Defense: 10/10 Almost 600 AR, almost 80K life? How do you get 80k life? Not much to improve here.

Build: 10/10. I've been looking to change to a weapon throw build but I stand no chance with my crit chance at the moment. :S. How do you get your weapon throw started?

Badassery: 10/10. Just overall a badass barb!

Comments: You pretty much beat Diablo 3 :P

Ooo for the person reviewing me, I'm trying to save up money to get a lacunis with crit chance, so that I can replace my ring and amulet with more offensive ones. but those are expensive :S

Thanks for the critique. Since I don't post without giving a critique, I'll give you one:

I can't really critique MF% gear. You have a clear emphasis on farming lower MPs for loot. There's really no sense in breaking down each point of gear when that is your emphasis. So kudos -- happy farming :)

Hard act to follow Acrimony, but I have only one suggestion for his barb. Pickup radius. I played for about 2 months with 0 radius and recently got it back on a belt. Pickup radius is so nice to have and worth losing some DPS/EHP to get. Places to add it would maybe be in the lacuni's (instead of armor roll... good luck with that :P), godly mighty belt, or GG rare pants.

9/10 in all categories -- your barb is more or less the direction I gear. Gearing with more emphasis on EHP so you can run pretty much any build effectively. I'd give 10/10 but you have more mods that could roll on your rares.

Bah. I keep trying but I want strength + vitality + resistances mods on my crit Lacunis (which I'm still looking for). I've tried filling the gap in other areas of my gear, but other than the pants or gloves, I can't find a place for it. It's funny because of the people I have played with since May, I have the lowest gold pick-up of ~65m to their 100m+.

For you:

Offense: 7/10 -- Your gear is obviously slow farmed (aka, you have a life); so good work.
Defense: 6/10 -- I would really encourage you to get a helm with a socket; or at the very least, an Andariel's Visage with a socket so you can level up/use amethyst.
Build: 10/10 -- for following my spec :D
Badassery: 10/10 for the Doom Armour and the Andariel's -- it looks horrifying.
Reply Quote
@acrimony,

can you give me some pointers?...
Reply Quote
@acrimony,

can you give me some pointers?...

another WW barb that makes you 25% tard by default
Reply Quote
11/06/2012 01:50 PMPosted by FrakinSkullz
Whats your aps sitting at? I'm at like 2.7 or something and I feel like i'm still miles away from where he's at :(

2.7 is amazing. I'm at 2.65.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]