Diablo® III

Bug? Monsters already have damage

Ok this is going to sound crazy. You will either say "Oh you must have hit them." or "Its always like that, go back to farming mister looney tunes." but just now I created an inferno game on MP2 and started to farm the same route I have a bagillion times. I started to notice that enemies had health bars above their head before I even got to them. I chalked it up to lack of sleep. Then it happened every single new group. SO then I thought maybe my hellfire right was shooting them off screen. Then I happened across my first pygmy. He had 1167578/1287328 life and was just sitting there. Didn't agro, wasn't running. This is the first time in my 600+ hours this has happened to me. Can anyone explain this? I wish I had taken a screenshot but I didn't. Ill see if I run across another one in the same game.

TL;DR Pygmy without full life and no aggro. why?
Reply Quote
When playing with a buddy the other day we came across an elite pack with half health as well. We both thought it was strange since neither one of us had attacked it yet. We were in the Halls of Agony at the end of act 1 and the pack happened to be standing near the Chopping Axes that you have to run under and will hurt you if you get hit by them. After some confusion we thought that maybe the axes were doing some damage to them before we got there and just moved on. After seeing your post, I wonder if it was something different. Very strange...
Reply Quote
probably just environmental damage
Reply Quote
I noticed the same thing with some scavenger packs in Scavenger's Den, act 1.
Reply Quote
I noticed this too this morning, but not until the restart happened (actually I didn't notice any restart time, just a thing saying 'System down in N minutes" and was able to immediately log back in). I asked in general and it didn't appear anyone else at the time was seeing the same thing. I thought I was going crazy ... Templar doesn't have ranged attack, no possibility of enviro dmg because I was literally just walking around exploring the map.
Reply Quote
No it was no environmental damage, even that aggros pygmys. This was something that started after the rolling restarts but I saw nowhere in the bug section.
Reply Quote
11/07/2012 09:43 AMPosted by PM5K
It's also strange that you will come across random piles of gold from an area you haven't even come close to exploring yet.

Is it possible that a range attack either from you or your scoundrel could have caused that? You know, shoot at a zombie, zombie dies but the shot that was going to hit him goes past him off screen to a log or something.
Reply Quote
Nearly every enemy I come across has been damaged. Usually about 10% of their health is gone. Certainly a bug.
Reply Quote
11/08/2012 03:38 AMPosted by Entity
Nearly every enemy I come across has been damaged. Usually about 10% of their health is gone. Certainly a bug.

The same here. I sometimes see even half damaged mobs, usually imps in act 1-2.
Reply Quote
Maybe they were spawned with 100 health and after that your friend joined the game and increased their health pool (maximum value).
Reply Quote
11/08/2012 04:04 AMPosted by Archen
Maybe they were spawned with 100 health and after that your friend joined the game and increased their health pool (maximum value).

This was when I was soloing.
Reply Quote
I play with monster health bars enabled. I am seeing full groups with some damage taken and know that in no way could they have been damaged by my scoundrel, pets, environment or myself when they are around a corner or behind a kulle screen.

This just started after the server reset. I've seen some mobs at half, small damage or not damaged at all before I can engage them. However the majority have a small sliver taken.

Health bars don't appear until the monster takes damage so it's very noticeable now before combat. At least to me it is.
Reply Quote
Same - definitely not environmental damage or stray shots.

Anyone know what is going on?
Reply Quote
90 Undead Death Knight
I know the scoundrel or w.e takes 1/5 of life from monsters
Edited by MikeHuntz#1114 on 11/10/2012 5:35 AM PST
Reply Quote
I've been seeing it for a while now too. It isn't every monster, but many of them, maybe 50-70%, are partially damaged without any reason for it. I've never seen any at half health, probably none less than 90%, but it's definitely not right. I suppose we shouldn't complain that random angels are dropping in from the heavens and partially killing our monsters though.
Reply Quote
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7006345734

Another thread about it, just like this one. It is definitely something going wrong and not damage from other sources.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]