Diablo® III

(IDEA) Want to use the blacksmith Click Here

So, I like to collect loot and most of time it's trash and not worth it but what if on the salvage options through the blacksmith you add to it. Depending on what your vendoring you can put points towards the skills on the salvaged item(something like a blacksmith skill progression screen). Go by the stat to number of points you get and you can "buildup" the chance increasing towards crafting items with certain stats. So once you hit a certain threshold you can convert those to actual points. Then when you go to craft you can select the skills you want to be on the item. Now when it comes time to get the skills rolled that would be determined on the level the actual skill is at. This is determined by a buid up per level something like the paragon so it takes some time due to people got some good farm spots.
EX: A helm with strength @ 50; vitality @ 50; AR @ 70; Socket;
when you salvage the item options appear that allow you to select which area on the "blacksmith skill progression" ... when you use points they go away and you need to rebuild them in order to get the better rolls...
i know it's a rough idea but what do other's think, i am tired of vendoring items i'd like to have another option and want to use the blacksmith maybe if this can can't some response this can be adapted and used in game
Edited by UNOWHUT4#1268 on 11/7/2012 7:22 AM PST
Reply Quote
I have thought about something like this: Give the blacksmith the ability to combine similar items. A small portion of the source items affixes would be transferred to the destination item. The source item would be consumed in the process and there would be only be a small chance of any success. The merge might only affect a single affix. Also it might open a new affix slot on the destination item (subject to limits).

Affixes with low granularity might fail to transfer anything much more often than those with better granularity. For example the smallest bump in critical hit chance is much more valuable then a single point in a primary stat, so the probability of bumping the critical hit chance would be lower.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]