Diablo® III

"Hail to you Champion."

Anyone else want to hear this again? Jamella and Halbu say this alot in Diablo 2 in Pandemonium Fortress.

I miss this, I wish they made an NPC that says this line. Makes me feel like a real hero.
Reply Quote
The difference is: in D2 we were real heroes, fighting for good, light, and truth.

In D3 we are morons who fail to see obvious signs of our allies betrayal, listen to Adria, kill Zoltan Kulle for no reason at all, and unleash the prime evil. By killing the Prime Evil, we are not doing anything heroic per say, we are just cleaning up our mess. The angels, who we are liberating, do not really like us and might end up waging war against us anyway. Since we are not true heroes in D3, an NPC that "makes us feel like a real hero" would be lying.

At least, I do not feel like a hero. I do miss some of D2's NPC's, hope some of them come back in less stupid ways than Asheara.
Edited by Ellico#1399 on 11/11/2012 4:11 PM PST
Reply Quote
i hated that.

i was a frigging patriarch/matriarch.
Reply Quote

I miss this, I wish they made an NPC that says this line. Makes me feel like a real hero.

So it makes you feel like a real hero to hear a computerized guy tell you you are. That is awsome...
Reply Quote
Wait, we are heros?
I thought we were a lesser Evil, set to become the Prime Evil.
As Ellico said, plus, we help the traitor Tyrael, (who brings the dead back to life, who slaughter hundreds of innocent townsfolk.
Unleashing Diablo into heaven, so that he destroys it, killing most of the angels.
THEN defeating diablo, to take his place.
Reply Quote
i hope one day that we get to go back there i love act4 D2
Reply Quote
11/18/2012 03:59 AMPosted by kingpin
i hope one day that we get to go back there i love act4 D2

Agreed.
Reply Quote
Anyone else want to hear this again? Jamella and Halbu say this alot in Diablo 2 in Pandemonium Fortress.

But Jay Wilson says that we remember lines from characters in older games because it was horrible and heard over and over. Not because it was good.

Screw that loser.
Reply Quote
For some reason, whenever Halbu said it, I felt like he had some malevolent ulterior motive...almost like he was being sarcastic. Either that, or I just played that game wayyyyyyy too much.
Reply Quote

But Jay Wilson says that we remember lines from characters in older games because it was horrible and heard over and over. Not because it was good.

Screw that loser.

+1
It was the small things that made D2 way better than D3. *sigh*
Reply Quote
D2 in general was a much manlier game then d3. A4 in d2 u wer dwelling in dark ruins for about 15 mins. then suddenly u discover a hole in the ground with a giant river of lava. So when u get down there ur suddenly battling monsters and demons throughout the river of flame then BAM. A demonic badass looking castle kinda thing thats diablos sanctuary. THEN u start fighting some sweet lookin badguys "doom knights" i think theyr called with an assortment of dragon looking gargoyles and wispy lightning ghosts. When ur done killin them all off. U then have a badass fight with the lord of terror. D3 def shoulda went for a much gloomier darker look
Reply Quote
12/03/2012 12:54 PMPosted by MaxPower
For some reason, whenever Halbu said it, I felt like he had some malevolent ulterior motive...almost like he was being sarcastic. Either that, or I just played that game wayyyyyyy too much.

Haaaill tooo youuu, chaaampion.
Reply Quote
In D3 we are morons who fail to see obvious signs of our allies betrayal, listen to Adria, kill Zoltan Kulle for no reason at all, and unleash the prime evil. By killing the Prime Evil, we are not doing anything heroic per say, we are just cleaning up our mess. The angels, who we are liberating, do not really like us and might end up waging war against us anyway. Since we are not true heroes in D3, an NPC that "makes us feel like a real hero" would be lying.

It's the whole trend of storytelling. There are hardly any heroic main characters out there now, replaced by reluctant, incompetent, and sometimes downright evil anti-heroes who just happen to be fighting on the good side.

Not to say that doesn't make things interesting. I like downer endings. I like the idea that in the end, everyone loses.

I could practically hear him rolling his eyes.
Reply Quote
It sounded weird. Storywise, I wonder what those 2 humans were doing in Heaven. Not only would the angels not want them there, but their income opportunities would be severely limited.
Reply Quote
Massive necro post but it looks like all of your wishes have been granted
Edited by tdR#1525 on 3/26/2014 2:22 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I heard "blood and thunder"... Feel like I'm still the hero of the horde.
Reply Quote
They knew where they got the idea of blood and thunder from and whoever put that in did it on purpose. They could've at least given the two merchant ghosts voice actors who could talk in a similar tone.
Reply Quote
I definitely heard the Hail to you, Champion. ^_^ I was pretty happy.
Reply Quote
Yeah I was kind of expecting it in the Pandemonium fortress.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]