Diablo® III

1,000,000+ ehp....Standup

Congrad to Revrac. Just noticed that you are now ranked #1 in world PvP on diabloprogress.

I also noticed that you got rid of your legacy nat. Can you please share some thoughts on Legacy vs New Nat.

Does new nat just add paper dps and ehp? Or you actually feel the increase of ehp really allows you to disregard the 2+ discipline regen?

I posted on this very topic in the topic "Hall of Ledg DH" thread but I will reiterate my point here. Using Legacy gear makes you very dependent on Gloom as your main source of damage mitigation, albeit a VERY strong one, at the expense of ehp and dps. The signifigant increase in ehp/dps from the New Set + Mempo allow you to be more selective with your discipline as GLoom will not be needed to be up 100% of the time to catch "Spikes". These spikes are what kill players more often then anything else. With the new set you can use gloom only when needing a heal or tanking multiple groups on high mp. That combined with the large damage increase makes farming runs faster. Infinite vault can be achieved through Suppresion fire+Prep+Nightstalker for experience runs. Legacy gear if used correctly can be very effective and those that use it should get a 30-40% increase in their PvP dummy score based on infinite gloom+extra skill(Prep not needed)+extra passive(nightstalker not needed).

Legacy gear is very nice but once you gear up as well as I do, there reaches a point of dimishing returns on Legacy gear. Once your ehp is high enough with good dps, then Legacy gear loses its appeal for me. That being said it is still awesome and needs some kind of recognition on diabloprogress as far as your pvp dummy/ehp score is concerned.
Edited by REVRAC#1267 on 11/24/2012 8:42 PM PST
Reply Quote
I'm trying to aim for >250k unbuffed DPS & >1m unbuffed EHP too. Currently sitting at 196/930. Hopefully to get some advice on my gears from Beast / Revrac / anyone here.
Reply Quote
I'm trying to aim for >250k unbuffed DPS & >1m unbuffed EHP too. Currently sitting at 196/930. Hopefully to get some advice on my gears from Beast / Revrac / anyone here.

A double socket manticore with similar dps will increase your dps a good amount (probably by 30k+ dps). Raising crit chance just a bit more (perhaps from rings) should take you to your goal of 250k unbuffed or pretty close to.

As for eHP, your armor rating is excellent. It's very hard for us DH's to gain high armor, but your armor is at a good spot. Life pool is great as well - very good compared to most others. Resist can increase a bit more and that will significantly help with damage mitigation, which in turn will increase your eHP. I was just taking a look at your profile and if you were to add 120+ All Resist, that will let you hit your goal of 1m+ ehp (with dodge). Your amulet, bracers and gloves, although all are very good, have some opportunity for resists (or additional resist). Be patient and wait for the right pieces so you don't give up any dps. Your stats are great right now, keep up the good work and good luck!
Reply Quote

A double socket manticore with similar dps will increase your dps a good amount (probably by 30k+ dps). Raising crit chance just a bit more (perhaps from rings) should take you to your goal of 250k unbuffed or pretty close to.

As for eHP, your armor rating is excellent. It's very hard for us DH's to gain high armor, but your armor is at a good spot. Life pool is great as well - very good compared to most others. Resist can increase a bit more and that will significantly help with damage mitigation, which in turn will increase your eHP. I was just taking a look at your profile and if you were to add 120+ All Resist, that will let you hit your goal of 1m+ ehp (with dodge). Your amulet, bracers and gloves, although all are very good, have some opportunity for resists (or additional resist). Be patient and wait for the right pieces so you don't give up any dps. Your stats are great right now, keep up the good work and good luck!

Alright! Greatly appreciate your feedback so I won't have to spend big fortune on useless upgrades (which gives too little boost to DPS / EHP).

So for DPS = 2S Manticore with similar DPS

And for EHP = try to squeeze out more All Resists. I'm thinking of getting more EHP Gloves currently since it's EHP is quite low, for now.

As for bracers, I'm planning to stick with Strongarm Bracers with more total combined stats (DEX+VIT) so that neither DPS / EHP will be sacrificed. Or do you think I should convert to Lacuni (but it'll cost a lot).

Thanks again for your suggestions!
Reply Quote

Alright! Greatly appreciate your feedback so I won't have to spend big fortune on useless upgrades (which gives too little boost to DPS / EHP).

And for EHP = try to squeeze out more All Resists. I'm thinking of getting more EHP Gloves currently since it's EHP is quite low, for now.

As for bracers, I'm planning to stick with Strongarm Bracers with more total combined stats (DEX+VIT) so that neither DPS / EHP will be sacrificed. Or do you think I should convert to Lacuni (but it'll cost a lot).

Strongarms are definitely nice, but a very nice rare will beat it out (in both dps and ehp) - downside might be cost :(. Just to give an example, a 170+ dex, 100+ vit, 70+ AR, 5%+ crit rare bracer will give the same or better dps and offer a little better ehp. For your current setup, a nice rare will be a good addition and will go well with your Inna set, IMO. If you want to in the future, you can look into a witching hour+rare pant+lacuni combo - which can be very good for ehp while maintaining close to max M/S and high dps.

Have you used d3up.com before? If you haven't, it's a great site to reference before doing upgrades, to see the gains/losses in stats. It's totally free and is an excellent stat calculator/simulator. My recommendation is to NEVER buy an upgrade without first checking with a calculator, even if someone tells you to. :)
Reply Quote

Strongarms are definitely nice, but a very nice rare will beat it out (in both dps and ehp) - downside might be cost :(. Just to give an example, a 170+ dex, 100+ vit, 70+ AR, 5%+ crit rare bracer will give the same or better dps and offer a little better ehp. For your current setup, a nice rare will be a good addition and will go well with your Inna set, IMO. If you want to in the future, you can look into a witching hour+rare pant+lacuni combo - which can be very good for ehp while maintaining close to max M/S and high dps.

Have you used d3up.com before? If you haven't, it's a great site to reference before doing upgrades, to see the gains/losses in stats. It's totally free and is an excellent stat calculator/simulator. My recommendation is to NEVER buy an upgrade without first checking with a calculator, even if someone tells you to. :)

Alright. Guess I'll stick with current setup until I find a nice deal / collects enough fund to do major overhaul to switch to witch + lacuni + high stat pants(as it's the costliest option).

Yup, I do heard of d3up.com but never really used them, instead I uses the DH DPS & EHP spreadsheet by Dretar and works pretty well for me right now to check before purchasing anything.

Thanks again for your advice. Definitely motivated to see more high DPS + high EHP players and set them as my goal.
Edited by Jishinya#6835 on 11/25/2012 2:23 AM PST
Reply Quote

Alright. Guess I'll stick with current setup until I find a nice deal / collects enough fund to do major overhaul to switch to witch + lacuni + high stat pants(as it's the costliest option).

Yup, I do heard of d3up.com but never really used them, instead I uses the DH DPS & EHP spreadsheet by Dretar and works pretty well for me right now to check before purchasing anything.

Thanks again for your advice. Definitely motivated to see more high DPS + high EHP players and set them as my goal.

Dretar is an excellent source - I recommend that as well. Good luck on your journey :)
Reply Quote
would love to join this club. but my progress is slow now. to upgrade existing gear with more vita will cost me bomb. Anyone can advise which one should i upgrade first? thanks
Edited by hellice#6165 on 11/25/2012 9:29 PM PST
Reply Quote
one day i will be here, still long way to go , nice to see the high dps and high ehp builds . tired of people hating on dh because we are too "squishy"
Reply Quote
I love this!

I'm currently regearing for more EHP as well. Eventhough it was nice for epeen to be top 10 on dps in eu for a while (was around 390k dps unbuffed then), I felt that getting more EHP not only makes life a lot easier but also opens up for other play styles. (So my dps is going down but already doubled my EHP)

Before I wouldn't want to use echoing blast and facetank things for example. Now that actually is viable and will be even more so the more I switch over toward surviability.

I am at a loss though of what to upgrade now to achieve that. Personally I think I have to find all resist + vit on my amulet and two rings as right now they are only high dps items but low EHP. I welcome some suggestions though! (Currently seem to be on spot 27 for pvp on diabloprogress, but Im not using my purple gem in helm atm, which seems to net me a loss of EHP on my helm for the time being compaired to others with the same helm and recieving higher EHP due to other gem)

Oh and by the way I went with inna chest and pants still since I from time to time play monk as well, so I want to easily be able to just switch over gear from the two characters. :)
Edited by Caziku#1422 on 11/26/2012 12:51 AM PST
Reply Quote
Sitting at 51k HP is not bad I guess for me but too hard now to increase that any ideas, would appreciate that, Thanks :)
Edited by CobraxX#6283 on 11/26/2012 3:03 AM PST
Reply Quote
Everyone has threads out there with 500k dps and Holy $%^& look at my DPS, I am so godly because my DPS rules. Then I invite high level paragon's with 250k+dps that have a hard time on mp10 due to sustained damage. So this is for those who have average-good dps and great ehp(1m+).

Ehp is just as important as dps as long as your dps is not completely ignored. Those with 1m+EHP and decent dps this is YOUR thread!!!

Also, please post your favorite tank moments---Mine is saving a full team of fairly good guys on MP8 from wiping to Magda and her butterfly effect. They got mothballed and I managed to rez them after killing SK solo. We finished under rage timer :D

I don't have that high of eHP, but I had to post because I had the EXACT same thing happen to me on MP8 (may have been MP7). Took me awhile to get Magda far enough away so I could res, a few times I kited her away, I'd go to res and butterflies would get too close so I had to run off and kite her away again...

I have been working on my eHP, close to 500k now with legacy nats. It makes a huge difference being able to face tank when you need to rather than kiting around. I love face tanking with spike traps.
Reply Quote
I wanna know if Im in the right track to be here?...

any advice, comment, or suggestion will do..thanks..
Reply Quote
I wanna know if Im in the right track to be here?...

any advice, comment, or suggestion will do..thanks..

DPS wise, you're doing fantastic. Based on your dprogress profile, it looks like your ehp is 385,000, which is still good - but there are some improvements that can be made. Your armor rating is good, but resists and life pool can be improved a bit - which will increase your ehp a nice amount. If your goal is to get your eHP up, then as you progress, I would start replacing some of your current gear with the same dps stats, but also include in vit and AR (when possible).

Remember that resists, life and armor are all elements of eHP - try to keep them balanced.
Reply Quote
How could I improve my EHP? Thanks
Reply Quote
Let's try to keep this thread from turning into a "rate my gear" thread. There are other threads for that.

Vitality/Life, Armor and Resists (some formulas include dodge+block) are the elements of eHP. If you want to raise it, work on raising those 3 stats.

Use the below tools to calculate stat gains and run scenarios before your purchases:

d3up.com

Dretar's calculator: http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/4551698386?page=1
Edited by Beast#1449 on 11/28/2012 7:19 AM PST
Reply Quote
11/28/2012 06:27 AMPosted by Murloc
How could I improve my EHP? Thanks

See the post above yours, same logic applies. Raise life, armor and resists while maintaining your dps stats. For you specifically, all resists is your weakest link out of the 3 stats.
Edited by Beast#1449 on 11/28/2012 7:27 AM PST
Reply Quote
I think I am fairly close to 1million ehp barrier. (almost 800k ehp) Once i can dump the +exp gears to help out the overall gears. (hellfire ring, different gym in mempo)
Edited by Cyon#1808 on 12/2/2012 7:05 PM PST
Reply Quote
964k ehp, trying to increase dps and break 1mil ehp as well.
Reply Quote
Don't even know if this will be possible dual wielding. Missing out on almost 300 vit not using a DML. I'll take any suggestions.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]