Diablo® III

1,000,000+ ehp....Standup

12/03/2012 01:18 AMPosted by BurningJC007
Don't even know if this will be possible dual wielding. Missing out on almost 300 vit not using a DML. I'll take any suggestions.

^It's possible with DW'ing, it'll just take some careful planning.

Not sure of your budget, but here are a few suggestions:

Witching Hour - hard to beat the eHP on a good WH - it will match the Inna's set DPS as well
Vile Ward - needs vit and/or life%
Pants - Get the high Vit version if you plan to stick with Inna pants, otherwise rare pants will beat the crap out of Inna's in eHP, but at the loss of dps. Another option is if you do go with rare pants, you can get a nice set of Lacuni bracer's that will mitigate the M/S, IAS and DPS loss.

I recommend going to d3up.com to put in the above simulated stats and see where it takes you. You can tweak your set-up from there, then you'll know exactly what it will take to meet your goals.
Edited by Beast#1449 on 12/3/2012 5:02 AM PST
Reply Quote
Does anyone know why d3up.com and diabloprogress.com don't agree on EHP calculation?

I have 896k on diabloprogress http://www.diabloprogress.com/hero/havoc-1356/Slick/1688832
and a bunch of numbers on d3up (none of them match diabloprogress):

EHP 571,316.25
EHP w/ Dodge 1,055,452.16
EHP w/ Block 571,316.25
EHP w/ Dodge + Block 1,055,452.16
Melee EHP 571,316.25
Ranged EHP 607,783.25
Elite EHP 710,239

my ehp is higher vs. elites due to 21% reduced damage from elites.
Reply Quote
Does anyone know why d3up.com and diabloprogress.com don't agree on EHP calculation?

I have 896k on diabloprogress http://www.diabloprogress.com/hero/havoc-1356/Slick/1688832
and a bunch of numbers on d3up (none of them match diabloprogress):

EHP 571,316.25
EHP w/ Dodge 1,055,452.16
EHP w/ Block 571,316.25
EHP w/ Dodge + Block 1,055,452.16
Melee EHP 571,316.25
Ranged EHP 607,783.25
Elite EHP 710,239

my ehp is higher vs. elites due to 21% reduced damage from elites.

I'm not sure the exact formulas they use (I never bothered to look into it), but I do know that Diablo Progress includes dodge into their formula.

D3up.com and D3rawr values seem much closer, but they differ as well. Whatever you do, just use one of them and use it as a baseline for gains/losses when running gear simulations. I personally use d3up and d3rawr, they break stats down in much more detail.

Also, I could be wrong, but I don't believe the -reduce melee/range/elite damage- stats are calculated into eHP for any of them, they are shown as a separate line item. If you've used Dretar's calculator, you can input -reduce damage stats, which will calculate it into your overall eHP.
Edited by Beast#1449 on 12/3/2012 6:25 AM PST
Reply Quote
After this weekend, I'm sitting on 1,010,161 EHP unbuffed and 101,227.81 DPS unbuffed so I'm pretty happy. The part I'm happiest about is I did it for less than 100 million.
Edited by Naeblis#1222 on 12/3/2012 6:35 AM PST
Reply Quote
12/03/2012 05:01 AMPosted by Beast
Don't even know if this will be possible dual wielding. Missing out on almost 300 vit not using a DML. I'll take any suggestions.

^It's possible with DW'ing, it'll just take some careful planning.

Not sure of your budget, but here are a few suggestions:

Witching Hour - hard to beat the eHP on a good WH - it will match the Inna's set DPS as well
Vile Ward - needs vit and/or life%
Pants - Get the high Vit version if you plan to stick with Inna pants, otherwise rare pants will beat the crap out of Inna's in eHP, but at the loss of dps. Another option is if you do go with rare pants, you can get a nice set of Lacuni bracer's that will mitigate the M/S, IAS and DPS loss.

I recommend going to d3up.com to put in the above simulated stats and see where it takes you. You can tweak your set-up from there, then you'll know exactly what it will take to meet your goals.

I can upgrade my WH to one with high resist which will push my eHP a bit higher but still don't think I can break the 1m mark unless I swap gems. At 800k now and pretty much stuck here.
Reply Quote
I think diabloprogress gives you some credit for reduced damage from melee (and maybe ranged too) while I think that d3up either does not or gives a different number.

I've noticed the discrepancy as well.
Reply Quote
12/03/2012 09:18 AMPosted by skp
I think diabloprogress gives you some credit for reduced damage from melee (and maybe ranged too) while I think that d3up either does not or gives a different number.

Maybe they do something like give half credit for these assuming you might be taking melee/ranged damage half the time?

I looked for somewhere either site explains their formulas but didn't see it.

12/03/2012 06:20 AMPosted by Beast
Whatever you do, just use one of them and use it as a baseline for gains/losses when running gear simulations. I personally use d3up and d3rawr, they break stats down in much more detail.

Agreed, was just curious to know why they are pretty far apart on the numbers.
Edited by havoc#1356 on 12/3/2012 11:13 AM PST
Reply Quote
Well, I'm half way there, I think I need a lot more vit. Really crazy gear guys.. no idea how some of you are able to hold onto so much DPS with that EHP.
Reply Quote
2,476,613 EHP according to Diabloprogress.
Reply Quote
12/03/2012 12:07 PMPosted by RichieDagger
2,476,613 EHP according to Diabloprogress.

Tanky! =)
Reply Quote
is it possible to break 1m EHP with max Disc in mind. I wanna keep at least 18ish max dsic while still breaking the 1m mark. I understand this would mean, getting capped in either my nats embrace, deadmans or mempo.
Reply Quote
is it possible to break 1m EHP with max Disc in mind. I wanna keep at least 18ish max dsic while still breaking the 1m mark. I understand this would mean, getting capped in either my nats embrace, deadmans or mempo.

Without question. I'm around 930K EHP as a dual wielder and have no vit on either bow. I would definitely top 1M EHP with my DML. I have discipline on my cloak and spite and on my DML (not shown).
Edited by Fatum#1415 on 12/3/2012 5:30 PM PST
Reply Quote
Lol
Reply Quote
No no, its quite possible. Im still a believer Beast!
Reply Quote
hey beast i need a few specific drops.. will pm you once server is up..

tyvm!
Reply Quote
^ what you need is some r&r peace!, and btw i love this thread such a positive atmosphere ^_^

and im sitting @ 229k+ ehp =/ need about 700k+ more
Edited by ilov2violate#6297 on 12/4/2012 6:35 AM PST
Reply Quote
12/04/2012 06:08 AMPosted by OMNIXAS
No no, its quite possible. I'm still a believer Beast!

Believe all you want - it's not possible. This thread is one of "Smoke and Mirrors" which is designed to entice players like us in to buying more items from the AH... If they can create the "illusion" of what's possible for you - you will continue to grind for items. Once you realize that these godly pieces are not dropping for you, you will spend real money in the AH to buy something great...

Even then, you won't find anything near as good was what they have, which will further drive you to try harder, and spend more... In the end, you are ultimately left standing in want. You will not have obtained anything near as good was what they have, and you will feel unrewarded and bitter for wasting not only so much money, but time that you will never get back. After all, time is our most valuable asset and they are tricking you in to wasting it in your attempts to farm gear that doesn't exist.

You say you still believe? Great! Come back after 2 months of grinding... Let me know where you got. I own a couple internet businesses which grants me the luxury of not only working from home, but being able to play this game all day - every day. The only decent pieces I have are the ones I've had to drop real money on to buy. Even then, there has been nothing out there anywhere near as good as what they are wearing. You are being fooled.

I think you misunderstand the majority of the players in this thread. I for one, have no intentions to "mirror" what Beast or some of the other high-end players and in no ways do i feel bitter or unrewarded if i don't obtain gear of their levels- that is just plain childish. I am also well aware that chances for trifecta rolls on gear is rare, and even more so when it rolls, it is usually kept not sold.

And with that said, I probably won't be reaching that level for a while, heck i probably wont at all, you'll never know but reaching 1mill ehp and somewhat decent unbuffered dps is more than enough for me. But if i can get a sweet piece of gear like these guys, hell its a sweet bonus

And you say in 2 months? Yup, ill still be here and enjoying it just as much. To you, its grinding and wasting time farming gear. But to me its a pass time with mates. Its just a game don't set such high expectations for yourself and enjoy it.
Reply Quote
And for the record, i haven't spent any real gold nor do i intend to.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]