Diablo® III

Your hopes for the Expansion ?

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7004443574?page=1#0
Reply Quote
KEEP OUR FOLLOWERS FOR PUBLIC GAMESSSSSSS
Reply Quote
break the linear story line with alternatives stories, or remove the story. It is not a lack than Diablo 1 and 2 doesn't have inner story, it's because it will break the gameplay and add constantly and repetitively same event (not fun).
Reply Quote
I hope they come up with something like rune words.... they need to have something that keeps players farming. They really need to introduce some items that shake up the itemization as well, hopefully items that are useful.
Reply Quote
The ONLY thing I want from the expansion (if I even decide to buy it), is to have something other than farming act 3 MP 3 forever.

Yes the MP lets you technically farm all acts because all the mobs are 63, but all the acts are ghosttowns compared to A3.

I wish I could slap blizzard right in the face and have them multiply the amount of mobs in each act by 3 or 4. THEN it might 'feel' like diablo.. not some !@#$ty version of it.
Reply Quote
View profile
More open world.

Example of a good dungeon.

Dungeon "x" with many random dungeon non-quest related.

D=>E
^-----ll
ll-----ll
ll-----v
A=> B=> C
ll------^
ll------ll
ll------J <= I
v-------------ll
F=> G=> H

More random events.

Better quest reward.

Better dungeon reward.

Better Boss reward.
Edited by DoomBringer#1994 on 11/9/2012 11:26 AM PST
Reply Quote
View profile
11/09/2012 11:30 AMPosted by Kweefinator
#1 I hope they fix itemization

They need to fix this before the expansion. If they don't then they will most likely lose another core mass of players just for the blandness. Can you imagine a year from now using the same exact gear you have on right now? Or once you get to the gear level that some people are on while farming MP 8 and up?

Well, all your gears are going to be worthless once the xpac comes out (with time). They will help you farm the better gear for sure though.
Reply Quote
PvP
Reply Quote

• Charms / Runewords
  • The Horadric Cube
  • Endless Dungeons
  • Two new classes
  • Improving the quality of items
  • 4 new acts
  • Give some use to followers
  • Side quests for followers (many, many quests)
  • A system of relationships with followers (like Dragon Age)
  • New followers (more girls please)
  • New gems, and more slots in equipment
  • Create a system of synergy between the gems, generating new skills and new bonus
  • New legendary items (many, many items)
Reply Quote
Well I've got a nice list of things i'd like to see both before and in the Expansion.

New things in Patches:
- Endless Dungeon (level 0-10 = MP0, level 11-20 = MP1, etc.., save point offered every 10 levels)

- PvE Arena's (face swarm after swarm of mobs that get bigger and harder with each wave)

- DLC Content adding a new town with a quest chain and 4 level dungeon, initially 1 added per act....these sites could be important places from D2 such as the Monastery, Lut Gholein, the ruins of Harrogath and the Pandemonium Fortress. These could be accessible from the caravan leader at the end of each act.

- Ability to change acts without leaving your party/game.

- Battle.Net improvements for better cooperative gameplay (include MPx games, uber games, key run games)

New things in the Expansion:
- Act 5 added (hopefully a very large act)

- 1-2 new classes added (i'd like the paladin and druid personally)

- Mystic returned with a useful profession

- Increase the party size to 6-8 players
Reply Quote
11/09/2012 11:39 AMPosted by DoomBringer
Well, all your gears are going to be worthless once the xpac comes out (with time). They will help you farm the better gear for sure though.

Not quite sure about that. This isnt WoW.

I just wish they would make more low level Legendarys useful...even for maxed out Players.
Like a Level 30 Legendary Lifeleech Belt everybody can use...something useful you know kinda like Leorics Signet..

But i really really hope on a Comeback of Charms :-)
Reply Quote
better design for items, particularly most legendaries and set items. Some of them ... have a very bad design - like Vile ...
Reply Quote
Seriously???

Im still waiting for them to finish vanilla D3... and youre talking about expansions....
Reply Quote
Seriously???

Im still waiting for them to finish vanilla D3... and youre talking about expansions....

Because it has been confirmed on the Earnings Call Q3 :
http://www.diablofans.com/news/1405-activision-blizzard-earnings-call-q3-2012-38-million-dps-monk-blue-posts-anna-perform-music-from-diablo-3/
Reply Quote
[ul]
New legendary items (many, many items)

The problem with the legendaries is that some still really suck. They should be fixing some of the legendaries available.
Reply Quote
Sorry but this is not gonna be the world of Diablo 2: LOD. The devs will not be perfectly recreating that game by changing this game to be a carbon copy of it.

Also charms could be making a come back if they ever decide to revisit the talisman system. That system was an inventory for charms that could hold 13 1x1 charms. Also I would want those charms to spawn with unique affixes that cannot spawn on any gear. That would increase the amount of customization options. Throw in the mystic that has unique enchants with affixes that cannot spawn on gear or charms and you are good to go.

- More charcater customization. Why remove stat allocation and the skill tree. Argh...

They only give the illusion of customization.

Regardless of how well you make your attribute points, or how meaningful you make them to all classes. You will still have an optimal way of spending them. The majority of players would use the optimal way because they do not like wasting resources in a game.

I was mentioned in a video by Jay Wilson himself here in this link http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WuKvxab1kBk

Jay Wilson gives the answer on skill points and skill trees here at this link http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NVTVMqtmxPU&feature=relmfu

just watched the Jay video about skill points, and all i could see him blowing smoke up everyones !@#, either that or he truly is clueless. i wont even go into all the customization possibilities, or his flaws with respeccing, lol. However as an itemization stat Diablo 2 had it right. i would rather see items with plus to all skills, or skill trees, or plus so many points into certain skills. i would rather get items with those mods, then tons of items with 100's of diferent skill possibilites, only to one certain skill, so boring and lame. Maras and SOJs are great examples of how this sucks horribly.

as for charms, there is no need to change the way they worked in Diablo 2, people had to choose what charms they wanted, and how many, because they were taking up vital space, with this lame talisman system they wont have to, not that it matters, because i doubt Jay's crew can design 25% as good of charms/system as was in D2. LOL they couldnt even figure out how to itemize MF and GF for there severly broken MF system, roflmmfao
Reply Quote
[ul]
New legendary items (many, many items)

The problem with the legendaries is that some still really suck. They should be fixing some of the legendaries available.

NOT all legendaries need to be useful to EVERYONE, however they ALL should have a use, which is really hard to do in a game where everyone carbon copies everyone for the most part.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]