Diablo® III

Your hopes for the Expansion ?

Kill adrea
Reply Quote
My only good idea would be a nice survival arena...
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Death Knight
I think my biggest hope for the expansion is a finished product. This is also my biggest hope for diablo3 I think this game has a lot of potential it will be neat to see it out of beta.
Reply Quote
View profile
just watched the Jay video about skill points, and all i could see him blowing smoke up everyones !@#, either that or he truly is clueless. i wont even go into all the customization possibilities, or his flaws with respeccing, lol. However as an itemization stat Diablo 2 had it right. i would rather see items with plus to all skills, or skill trees, or plus so many points into certain skills. i would rather get items with those mods, then tons of items with 100's of diferent skill possibilites, only to one certain skill, so boring and lame. Maras and SOJs are great examples of how this sucks horribly.

as for charms, there is no need to change the way they worked in Diablo 2, people had to choose what charms they wanted, and how many, because they were taking up vital space, with this lame talisman system they wont have to, not that it matters, because i doubt Jay's crew can design 25% as good of charms/system as was in D2. LOL they couldnt even figure out how to itemize MF and GF for there severly broken MF system, roflmmfao

It could be proven real easy with Blizz giving us a profile and an armory for D2:LOD. Then we type in paladin and find out how many paladins are hammerdins. In fact we could even find out how many hammerdins there are compared to all other builds.

You are only looking at possibilities and not what are realities, not at what players really choose to play. The majority of the players did not choose any old build that they wanted to choose. No they choose the best builds for their class and some choose the best build in the game in D2:LOD. Which meant they had to roll a hammerdin.

Try selling zero respecs in this game and players will say are you crazy, we are bored as it is now with farming the same old acts doing the same old quests hundreds upon hundreds of times and you want us to do it again just to test out a new build. That is nuts, and no one would buy it.

I see you do not understand me, in patch 1.0.4 when the devs gave their buffs to legendaries. They made a step in the right direction. But they could do so much more. They could make special affixes that would spawn on gear.

Then special affixes that would spawn on charms that cannot spawn on gear, which would make them special to me. To me charms need to be more than just a bunch of stat sticks that give you the same old things that gear gives you.

Then do the same with the mystic's enchants. Where all three together I could specialize my shaker barbarian build to be way different than the next barbarian that would use such a build due to the enchants, affixes on the charms and the affixes on the gear.

Okay then I say Blizz does not need a special inventory. You are right, we can keep them all in our inventory and fill it up to where you only have one or two rolls for carrying the loot that drops, is that okay with you. Then when you have a lot of loot during a farming run, you can make hundreds of trips back to town just to handle all of gear that drops that could be worth something either break down for brimstone or put on the AH.

That is the whole purpose of having the talisman system, a special inventory where you do not have to tie up your character's inventory just to keep those charms. Plus having a small inventory for charms means that we will have to be making some hard choices about which charms we will keep. Adding in my idea will make it even harder to make that decision.

Look I understand you, I too at one time just looked at all of the possibilities in D2 and said that who cares about the optimal build. With all of these possibilities it does not matter, and other players will not care either.

But I found out later just how wrong I was. Sure it might be fun to have a build that cannot defeat hell difficulty. Some crazy build that you built on purpose just for fun. One that you knew could not beat hell difficulty.

But that is not what the majority of players wanted. They wanted a viable build that could beat hell difficulty, which shrinks the number of possible builds that could beat hell difficulty. Heck I was building my own Glacial Spike build that was fun to play, but later one I found out that it would not be able to beat hell difficulty. That was because I was not building it properly.

I know just how important optimal builds and playstyles are to the players of a game. Of course how many use those builds depend on many different factors. Such as is the optimal build needed to beat the game? What is the difference between optimal and suboptimal?

If it is huge then it is a no-brainer what the majority will be choosing. I also know now just how competitive gamers are. They want to be at the top and are willing to fight for that top spot. They want to beat the number one guy on the charts in a PvE game. And in PvP they want to beat the best of the best in PvP.

How important is the optimal build for the majority of players in the game? If it is extremely important then your choices are limited if you want to play with others. There could even be other factors that I am not aware of.
Reply Quote
3 more chest/storage slots, theres perfect space for them
Reply Quote
Mmm...should they complete this game first? (pvp?) Before sticking their hand in another honey pot? Are they going to over charge for half complete expansion pack as well?
Reply Quote
I want to see 3 new classes. Diablo 2 introduced 2 classes in their expansion, so hopefully for the expected ungodly price of the expansion, we'll get at least 3.When the expansion matches the price of the game, don't you expect quite a bit of content and new characters?

We are dealing with actibliz though... perhaps the "expansion" will be something like...

new acts: $10 each
new characters: $5 each
Edited by Tomnnn#1392 on 11/9/2012 8:05 PM PST
Reply Quote
11/09/2012 02:51 PMPosted by Puissant
I think my biggest hope for the expansion is a finished product. This is also my biggest hope for diablo3 I think this game has a lot of potential it will be neat to see it out of beta.

My thoughts exactly. I'm hoping everyone who talks about diablo 2 sucking until 1.09 or 1.13 are actually correct in saying diablo 3 will eventually be good. For diablo 2...

When was the secret cow level introduced?
When were ubers introduced?
When was the diablo clone introduced?

If all of those things were vanilla, nevermind.. but imagine after a random patch, you destroy a scarecrow early in act1 and then a miniature diablo pops up out of the ground or something.
Reply Quote
Bring. Back. The. Druid. XD LAWL
Reply Quote

How important is the optimal build for the majority of players in the game? If it is extremely important then your choices are limited if you want to play with others. There could even be other factors that I am not aware of.

firstly, your right, paladins were the best and funnest class to play in D2, by a landslide IMO. and your right, pretty much everyone had one if not more hdins for whatever they choose. Me personally last i played i think i had 3 Hdins, they were just that fun. But i also had 3 sorces, 2 barbs, 2 smiters, 1 !@#$%, 1 druid all level 90+, i wont even go into how many variations tinker characters i had that were lower levels than 90. as you can see, yes i had a hdin, more than one, but i had 2 other main paladins, and several other builds of other classes. i even made a bowasorc once, one of the funnest builds i ever made, even if it wasnt OP, also the IK hammer sorc was always a hilarious build to watch. we had options, we made choices on builds, and most importantly, WE PLAYED HOW WE WANTED TO PLAY TO HAVE FUN.

as for charms, yes if i want 2 rows to pickup items, that would be MY CHOICE, which would be more than enough for this lackluster lame itemization system. no reason to stock and sell, the items are worth less than 3k each, chances of getting 2 rows worth of good items in 1 run, well still dreaming for that day to happen, lol. back to the point, if i want to fill my inventory with charms and pay the penalty it should be my choice, or not to. to give everyone the same inventory for charms is simplisticly lame BS. LET PEOPLE CHOOSE HOW THEY WANT TO PLAY FOR ONCE IN D3.

ANOTHER POINT, REMOVE NV COMPLETELY, AND MAKE BOSSES WORTH KILLING. it is stupid that its more worthwhile to kill lame minions over the evil GODS persay.
Reply Quote
MVP
View profile
The only thing I hope for is more interesting Demons to slay. This way I'm not let down by whatever comes.

11/09/2012 01:21 PMPosted by Alucardheany
Kill adrea

Ok dammit I want this too.
Reply Quote
honestly? Randomization. Please for the love of god Blizzard bring randomized maps back. Oh and make dungeons more then 1.5 levels deep?(floor 2 is so small it doesn't count as a full floor)
Reply Quote
View profile

firstly, your right, paladins were the best and funnest class to play in D2, by a landslide IMO. and your right, pretty much everyone had one if not more hdins for whatever they choose. Me personally last i played i think i had 3 Hdins, they were just that fun. But i also had 3 sorces, 2 barbs, 2 smiters, 1 !@#$%, 1 druid all level 90+, i wont even go into how many variations tinker characters i had that were lower levels than 90. as you can see, yes i had a hdin, more than one, but i had 2 other main paladins, and several other builds of other classes. i even made a bowasorc once, one of the funnest builds i ever made, even if it wasnt OP, also the IK hammer sorc was always a hilarious build to watch. we had options, we made choices on builds, and most importantly, WE PLAYED HOW WE WANTED TO PLAY TO HAVE FUN.

as for charms, yes if i want 2 rows to pickup items, that would be MY CHOICE, which would be more than enough for this lackluster lame itemization system. no reason to stock and sell, the items are worth less than 3k each, chances of getting 2 rows worth of good items in 1 run, well still dreaming for that day to happen, lol. back to the point, if i want to fill my inventory with charms and pay the penalty it should be my choice, or not to. to give everyone the same inventory for charms is simplisticly lame BS. LET PEOPLE CHOOSE HOW THEY WANT TO PLAY FOR ONCE IN D3.

ANOTHER POINT, REMOVE NV COMPLETELY, AND MAKE BOSSES WORTH KILLING. it is stupid that its more worthwhile to kill lame minions over the evil GODS persay.

Yes but according to D2 if you did not practically have your entire inventory loaded with charms then you would be lacking in some area. Maybe you would not have enough resist all in order to survive the fights. Maybe you would not have enough stats to give you max block. Or any other important mod or stat. The same would happen here as well.

Also you seem to think that everyone in D2:LOD made the same characters as you did. That everyone that had a hammerdin also had tons of for fun builds. I would tend to disagree with that. Not everyone would have alternates. In fact I would dare say that many had only hammerdins or other optimal builds of other classes.
Reply Quote
new act
challenge with adria
rare gems, maybe runes..
charms. maybe like d2 uber (hellfire torch)
1 or 2 more class(es)
never wanna see 1000 dps 1h xbow with STR OR INT!
new and powerful followers.
Reply Quote
A patch WILL come with a higher level cap somehow. Unfortunately, this will also mean every weapon/item we own will become worthless. So what the new game needs (this game to actually) is a way to upgrade low level items, same as it did in D2.
Reply Quote
I expect it to suck major balls, and then in 6 months it might be playable.
Reply Quote
Bosses that are harder, and when i mean harder i dont mean with more life or deal more damage ( ask the wow devs how to make a good boss), so anyhow, harder then trash mobs, is that too much to ask....
Reply Quote
bump
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]