Diablo® III

Got hacked today....

Got email this morning from Blizz my account has been locked "due to an unusual change in my access pattern". Got home from work, logged in to my account right away without any additional verification. Checked my account...and 4 mil gold gone...WTF.......
Reply Quote
Battle.net authenticator
Reply Quote
Reply Quote
Got authenticator...hope it helps
Reply Quote
11/08/2012 05:44 PMPosted by Víðarr
Battle.net authenticator

Dont notice the trolling?

11/08/2012 05:42 PMPosted by MatoPruth
and 4 mil gold gone

almost funny
Edited by Odin#1507 on 11/8/2012 6:10 PM PST
Reply Quote
So blizz noticed the "hacker" via them logging in from some other country (i guess) yet locked it after they messed with it?

MmmHmm. :P

Mine was hacked.. Had........ 10000000 gold. Really.
Reply Quote
$10 says that he is signed up at some forum fan site somewhere that got their database compromised.

Played the game for like 5 months no aunthenticator and didn't get hacked. There's more to the story than the person who posts "OMGZ I GOT HAXX0R3D!" True story is that they have problems managing their passwords and sign up to EVERYTHING online with the same username and password. Usually the OP never posts all the details and concealed that they did something else that got their account compromised trying to make us sympathize with the situation.

I bet his password was monkey.

Password check!
Reply Quote
Community Manager
I'm so sorry to hear that. :( I would definitely encourage you to contact Customer Support so that our representatives can investigate. This is a great article that will walk you through everything you need to do (including what steps you can take to help secure your account): https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/compromised-diablo-iii-account

If we can, we'll help out. In the meantime, consider a Battle.net Authenticator or SMS Protect as additional security options. You can learn a bit more about them here:

Reply Quote
Mine was hacked.. Had........ 10000000 gold. Really.
I couldn't tell how much that amount was. Could you perhaps use commas or spaces next time?

10M isn't much more than 4, so i don't see why you should feel special

11/08/2012 07:06 PMPosted by Digital
I bet his password was monkey.

I lol'd
Reply Quote
I don't feel special....i feel pissed off :(
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Explain (256 characters max)