Diablo® III

In search of proof - Mp5+ farming

no matter how much dps you have...

mp0-1 will be much faster than 5+

anyone that farms mp5+ quickly would obviously farm mp1 faster... some simple math dictates this...

so, if elite execution speed is the only criteria for efficiency then high MP is not efficient, however, this is not the case

as some people here have already pointed out, the efficiency for high MP involves not dying much, and not wasting too much time kiting around senselessly, which leads to faster elite execution but is not itself the same thing.

i have pretty average gear (no nats, legacy or new) and i farm keys on MP10 in about 30minutes, i am not suggesting this is 'efficient', however i do have fun playing on MP10 as it is challenging, and i guarantee key drops, i used to farm keys at mp7 in 10minutes... but i got tired of doing 2-3 runs without getting a key to drop, so i just push the MP up to 10 for keys

because i find this game very simple and boring, i usually do not even play on MP lower than 5... i know it would be significantly faster on lower MP but i would get bored after 5 stacks...

video of my bad DH farming keys on MP 10 here... ;)
http://www.twitch.tv/philosophios/b/340113559 (skip ahead to about 39minutes, my first run was with a random DH who i dont play very well with)

here is a shorter video of MP10 on DH w/o nats... http://www.twitch.tv/philosophios/c/1731631

You sir, are a legend!

I just ran your build with a group on MP9, higher than I've ever been for farming and I did alright with it. Still took a few deaths but I was out-tanking our WW Barb at times. Absolutely brillant build.
Reply Quote
i farm mp5 regularly with mysetup.
high crit chance helps as well as having a hatred generator dmg bonus on.
Reply Quote
Still not sure why people bother to farm high MP levels unless it's for keys or with a group for fun...

Yes, farming at the highest MP you can is...cool, i suppose, but i want to reiterate that anyone farming above MP1 for efficiency (read: xp + mobs killed/hr.) is doing it way, way wrong.
Reply Quote
MP5+ is great if you're MF farming.

This is very true. Even when I was trying to stack NV for uber bosses on mp7, I got 4 legendaries and 1 set item drops.
Reply Quote
Still not sure why people bother to farm high MP levels unless it's for keys or with a group for fun...

Yes, farming at the highest MP you can is...cool, i suppose, but i want to reiterate that anyone farming above MP1 for efficiency (read: xp + mobs killed/hr.) is doing it way, way wrong.

i do it for item farming. got bored of alk running at plvl 35
mp5 is fairly easy still.
Reply Quote
You sir, are a legend!

I just ran your build with a group on MP9, higher than I've ever been for farming and I did alright with it. Still took a few deaths but I was out-tanking our WW Barb at times. Absolutely brillant build.

haha thanks man :)

Going to be streaming a less than 9 million budget set on my DH Solo'n MP10

here - http://www.twitch.tv/philosophios

starting in less than 15 minutes :)

So obviously this wont be fast or efficient, but the point of this is just to show that with a little patience a DH can do MP10 with little problems and dirt cheap gear.

the practical value of this gear shows when i run MP0 or MP1 the time is only about 25% slower than my main gear set... will also stream some of this tonight
Reply Quote
my DH is doing just fine mp4 and mp5..
Reply Quote
I am seriously undergeared for MP5, but that's what I play on. Takes me about an hour to get 5 Nephalem Valour stacks to Key of Terror, starting on clearing Fields of Slaughter, Icefall Caves/Caverns of Frost, and then to Stonefort. 3-5 deaths usually playing kiting, caltrops, and spike traps style.

It takes an hour because it's almost guaranteed that one or more elite has reflect damage, to which I have no answer.
Reply Quote
I am seriously undergeared for MP5, but that's what I play on. Takes me about an hour to get 5 Nephalem Valour stacks to Key of Terror, starting on clearing Fields of Slaughter, Icefall Caves/Caverns of Frost, and then to Stonefort. 3-5 deaths usually playing kiting, caltrops, and spike traps style.

It takes an hour because it's almost guaranteed that one or more elite has reflect damage, to which I have no answer.

wow i did that in mp10 for 9 mil ... here
http://www.twitch.tv/philosophios/c/1737090
9mil budget DH MP10 Key run - Less than 1 Hour run time -

follow my stream and watch me from time to time i give out tons of advice :)
also i will give this set away in the near future
Edited by Philos#1386 on 11/16/2012 11:49 AM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]