Diablo® III

In search of proof - Mp5+ farming

Yes.

And switch back to HA/BL. Bola and spike has no place in the lower MPs. The delay is simply a waste of time.

That's good to hear. I wasn't tanky enough to do your build yet. I got many, many weeks of farming to do to build up to your gear level. Something to shoot for though.

At least that's good confirmation that I've been doing mostly the right thing all along. Thanks for that.
Reply Quote
Yes.

And switch back to HA/BL. Bola and spike has no place in the lower MPs. The delay is simply a waste of time.

But! i farm with bola =(. i do around 12-15mins runs on lower mp which i find hard to break, time wise. Do you think ill get faster if I use HA/BL? I use bola/traps all the way atm.

Route: Core>Tower1>depths3>depths2>half FoSlaugter>Bridge>Crater2...

210k dps unbuffed (no ss, steadyaim, archery), ~600k ehp
Reply Quote
Yes.

But! i farm with bola =(. i do around 12-15mins runs on lower mp which i find hard to break, time wise. Do you think ill get faster if I use HA/BL? I use bola/traps all the way atm.

If you watch my video, I did it in 11 minutes.
Reply Quote
View profile
Yes.

Nothing can beat HA/BL in mob clearing if the monsters has low HP. I am very confident it will be much faster. Use a RoV rune too.. I personally recommend Stampede.
Reply Quote
11/09/2012 08:18 AMPosted by Pwnsauce
LOL@ farming MF on anything other than MP1

^^^^ mp5 is a piece of cake with 220k dps and legacy nats tho. btw im in my xp gear
Reply Quote
Go back to hunger arrow and ele ball... and increase your DPS, very simple.
Reply Quote
Coolfoolboo is right, HA/BL or even HA/MS will be much quicker than Bola/Traps if you're doing speed runs in the lower MPs. At least for me, the monsters die before Bola/Traps have a chance to go off.

As for efficiency, it's already been said by many in here. The lower MP levels are just more efficient in an XP/hr standpoint and also Legendary loot drops. I've done many runs in almost all MP levels and I just don't see a difference in legendary drop rates that correlate to high MF. Although we'd need hundreds of runs in each MP levels to come to any sort of conclusion (due to sample size), I can tell you the difference doesn't seem that great. What I'm trying to say is, I get a ton of good drops even in MP0/MP1 - it's just not worth it to farm higher MP levels unless you're doing keys/organs, etc. For PL grinding and loot, mp0-mp1 is where it's at, IMO.

However, the beauty of this game is there are choices and we don't have to stick with just one thing. Do what's fun for you, whether that be running MP0 or MP 10. For some, efficiency and optimization is fun while others have fun in long, drawn out battles in high MP levels.
Reply Quote
i absolutely smash mp7. i like the increased challenge it presents and i do not play this game to just one shot everything i sneeze at on mp0/1.. do i do mp0/1 runs sometimes? sure. what do i prefer? mp7 for efficiency, challenge, and skill. can i do mp10? yes, but it's a bit longer than 7 so i'd rather just smash though 7 with my 15-20 min key runs and just keep saving up infernals until i either start soloing ubers, which i can prob do on mp5 just fine, or find a constant running partner/group and smash mp10 ubers. a normal run on mp0/1 is so fast it's boring..

http://www.diabloprogress.com/hero/lameboi-1117/Tipsone/15077119
Edited by lameboi#1117 on 11/9/2012 9:59 AM PST
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid

I don't think it's fast. I can do it faster on MP3 for sure.

well yes, vs the champs the time will drop, but the terrain and trash mobs are likely identical time sinks. avg wise the vid demonstrate 11 minutes for key at mp5

you'd have to be able to average 3 runs at mp3 in < 11 minutes
or 5 runs at mp2
or 10 runs of mp1

there are ceilings at mp 1-2; having hits for 300k+ simply don't create faster runs
nor can you shrink traversing map

when you take the bonus and divide by the time padding from life% scaling the best return is mp3-4 depending on your interest... (but that is ignoring the DPS and map traversing ceilings)

so even 4-6 will be fine as long as you are able to 2-3 shot trash mobs
Reply Quote
will give it a try later on.

btw, when I say lower mp lvls, its mp3. Will try to get a cheap version of HA dml =p.
Reply Quote
why only 2 offensive skills? Oo
For low MP ball +vengeance is the thing you shouldnt need to use anything else against trash. For elites i like CB.

@Korba - thats only for Key farm , key farming is inefficient to begin with and you want to farm as high Mp for key as you can menage. That guy just made vid where how you can grab stacks in oasis while looking for warden.
Reply Quote
I can and do farm MP5-6 efficiently. Solo Ubers on MP5 have not tried higher yet. Key runs I go higher but mostly in 5-6 area.
Reply Quote
@OP your gear is awesome to me, but I'm just a 2-3h per day player. I'm not wearing my best gear because I switch it for MF gear on mp1. Although, my hellfire ring is pretty good.

Question tho. Has anyone noticed getting better legendaries at mp5+ than below? Everything I got was crap except for 2 mid range legendaries on mp4 and mp5. Other were on lower levels. Coincidence?
Reply Quote

I don't think it's fast. I can do it faster on MP3 for sure.

well yes, vs the champs the time will drop, but the terrain and trash mobs are likely identical time sinks. avg wise the vid demonstrate 11 minutes for key at mp5

you'd have to be able to average 3 runs at mp3 in < 11 minutes
or 5 runs at mp2
or 10 runs of mp1

there are ceilings at mp 1-2; having hits for 300k+ simply don't create faster runs
nor can you shrink traversing map

when you take the bonus and divide by the time padding from life% scaling the best return is mp3-4 depending on your interest... (but that is ignoring the DPS and map traversing ceilings)

so even 4-6 will be fine as long as you are able to 2-3 shot trash mobs

I don't care about efficiency of keys. For me, it's about drops and then xp.
Reply Quote
@OP your gear is awesome to me, but I'm just a 2-3h per day player. I'm not wearing my best gear because I switch it for MF gear on mp1. Although, my hellfire ring is pretty good.

Question tho. Has anyone noticed getting better legendaries at mp5+ than below? Everything I got was crap except for 2 mid range legendaries on mp4 and mp5. Other were on lower levels. Coincidence?

I've found some absolutely rediculous legendaries on MP0 - all of my best ones honestly. So, I don't think the MP level has anything to do with the quality of legendaries.
Reply Quote
11/09/2012 07:47 AMPosted by TrippyHippy
The Barb I run with laughs at me for not going above MP4,

Don't feel too bad, barbs have been laughing at every class for the past 3 point patches strong. I rolled one and am laughing at how good their skills/passives/survivability is compared to my wiz.

I know this is a DH topic but I farm Mp6 effectively. The builds that rely more on sustained damage output than burst are always going to be more efficient at higher MP where as the burst dps builds are always going to be more efficient at lower.

For example with my class. 200k archon would laugh at me doing Mp2 trying to keep up, and then I in turn laugh at 200k archon taking longer than 30 seconds to kill elite packs on Mp7 when I kill em in 12-14 seconds flat as well as dying in the process.

Depends on the build. I see vids of DH tank build owning Mp8 all the time.
Edited by MasterJay#1651 on 11/9/2012 10:52 AM PST
Reply Quote
why only 2 offensive skills? Oo
For low MP ball +vengeance is the thing you shouldnt need to use anything else against trash. For elites i like CB.

If you have high dps, then ball lightning is all you need to kill basically everything. If you shoot a few ball lightnings and then switch to hungering arrow (spray of teeth), you will kill most elite packs unless they have extra health or are those dumb moonclan occultists. It is the fastest way to kill anything with low health because there is no delay. Spray of teeth is the most reliable high-damage hatred generator there is because you do not have to pray for it to pierce to get good damage per shot - you just need to crit with it. Thus, they are the best skills for time efficiency.

I don't vengeance at all. There is no need.
Edited by Scala#1900 on 11/9/2012 10:53 AM PST
Reply Quote
This all sounds alot like the complaining about inferno when the game was released. Not everyone is going to waltz in and do mp5+ just like no one was able to get to inferno and just do it. Slow down, farm some gear, get the stats that these "pros" have and then move up. its a skill/gear/efficient build check. NOT something you or any of us are entitled to just cause we paid for the game.

more pew pew
Reply Quote
This all sounds alot like the complaining about inferno when the game was released. Not everyone is going to waltz in and do mp5+ just like no one was able to get to inferno and just do it. Slow down, farm some gear, get the stats that these "pros" have and then move up. its a skill/gear/efficient build check. NOT something you or any of us are entitled to just cause we paid for the game.

more pew pew

That's the thing - the DH is sort of capped at MP3 (and maybe MP4) unless you have ridiculously good gear. I don't see how to farm MP5+ unless you're doing what Coolfoolboo is saying. His gear is sick.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]