Diablo® III

In search of proof - Mp5+ farming

I have zero problem farming mp5, mp6 is more than doable as well, but with the hp gain it feels like it takes way too long.

Feel free to browse my build and gear (which has recently been upgraded, I farmed MP5 with much worse gear until the last week or so) but I'm not gonna make a video because I'm lazy.
Reply Quote
@hellmonkey when we gonna start farmin again??? You now consider me the ugly red-headed step child???????
Reply Quote

At the moment, I'm pretty convinced that my hungering arrow/ball lightning/vault build on MP1/MP2 with my level of gear is about as efficient as I can get, and that's what I'm going to do until I can get 250+k dps and 1,000,000 ehp.

for MP1/2 try multishot, it's alot faster than ball

I've converted many ball users by running with them. if you want to try one with me just add me :)

o/
Reply Quote
i used to farm mp5 for keys. mp3 gets me 300 mf now so i mostly stick to that. with my gear i have infinite gloom so survival is tough but not impossible. like i said now i just go with mp3 as i can pretty much roll through quick.

takes a while though, they have a lot of health

that being said, i now only play mp2-3 in hardcore XD
Edited by Isolation#1274 on 11/9/2012 1:41 PM PST
Reply Quote

At the moment, I'm pretty convinced that my hungering arrow/ball lightning/vault build on MP1/MP2 with my level of gear is about as efficient as I can get, and that's what I'm going to do until I can get 250+k dps and 1,000,000 ehp.

for MP1/2 try multishot, it's alot faster than ball

I've converted many ball users by running with them. if you want to try one with me just add me :)

o/

It isn't for me. I know some use it, and I try it over and over and I think it sucks. I am so much more efficient with ball lightning.
Edited by Scala#1900 on 11/9/2012 2:02 PM PST
Reply Quote
I am farming MP4 easily, about 20min/Alkaizer run, even with some MF. My build is nothing special but I have a little extra more Vit so I have close to 50k life, 300 AR.

With 4 Nats pieces I am gloomed almost all the time, don't really have to kit much.

1 Leg per round or two.
Reply Quote
I am farming MP4 easily, about 20min/Alkaizer run, even with some MF. My build is nothing special but I have a little extra more Vit so I have close to 50k life, 300 AR.

With 4 Nats pieces I am gloomed almost all the time, don't really have to kit much.

1 Leg per round or two.

I will bet you 1 mill that you'd do better on mp2/3 speed-running it than doing 20 mins on mp4.
Reply Quote
nah with MP4 I get 400+ MF with stacks, I get legs much more often. Average 2 legs per hour. Tried MP3, much less.
Reply Quote
11/09/2012 01:18 PMPosted by BubbaGump
@hellmonkey when we gonna start farmin again??? You now consider me the ugly red-headed step child???????

@Bubba

Yeah man me too, when are we gunna..... oh that's right I haven't been on in a week.... Liking ur DH man haven't played in a while but I should be on this weekend for keys. (sold a EF for $85 bucks on RMAH and bought myself a full legacy nats set that i havent gotten to even equip yet...)

@thread

MP1-3 is sweet spot for farming legs. If your gunning down keys or organs obviously the higher your percentage chance the better overall run success you will have. It is relative to what your goal is.
Reply Quote
Definitely an interesting thread.

For efficiency the way it is defined here I'd vote MP3. I did the dual wield or 1 hand and quiver HA/Ball thing for a while. I can get 60+% crit chance with over 500% crit damage with over 100K dps. That's without throwing on Nats gear. It really just depends on how you want to play. I can get my attacks per second up to 2.76.

Lately I have more fun getting in some mobs face with traps sentry and gloom and watching bola blow them up. But I like MP5 more than anything because I do key runs.

If you ever wanna farm, let me know Scala. I'd like to see you in action.
Reply Quote
11/09/2012 02:15 PMPosted by NCC
nah with MP4 I get 400+ MF with stacks, I get legs much more often. Average 2 legs per hour. Tried MP3, much less.

It's an illusion. I've had 4 legendaries drop in a single game back-to-back on MP0 - i.e. 8 legendaries in 2 games. This doesn't mean MP0 is the best place to farm.

We seriously need to run this crap millions of times for it to even out. If you can do MP3 5 minutes faster, you are definitely going to see more legendaries in the long-term than 20 minutes on MP4. The bonus drop doesn't account for that many more legendaries.
Edited by Scala#1900 on 11/9/2012 2:49 PM PST
Reply Quote
I can do 5-7... If you do it solo, or have really good team mates, it isn't that hard.
Reply Quote
Sup DH's. I've done the math on 'bonus drops' from trash monsters. Basically it looks something like this:

With very little MF, low paragon, bumping up one MP level at the low end nets 20% more rare/legendaries from trash, at the high end, something like 15%. In other words, MP1 --> MP2, 20% more rare/legendaries. MP9-->10, 15% more rare legendaries.

At high MF (or near paragon cap), the incremental gains aren't nearly as good. Numbers are more like 13% or so at the low end and 10% on the high end.

So if you can do the run at higher MP with it taking less than 15% or so longer to do so, it makes sense to bump up MP from a trash killing perspective. Elites are a different story, and I believe that you should not try to kill every elite at high MP. Maybe kill just the easiest packs for the MF bonuses, but at high MP, most of your loot comes from trash monsters, not elites.

Four property rares from elites are considered worthless in the current economy. The odds of getting something good from the guaranteed bonus drop are incredibly bad. At higher MP, you get a higher loot fraction from trash, so the benefits of NV bonus drop are diminished.

Now, the whole thing gets complicated by the issue of downtime. How much time do you spend in game not killing stuff? I think it is actually quite high for most players. Probably minimally 50% of the time, considering time spent traveling in voids, identifying rares, posting stuff on the AH.

I think Blizzard did a pretty good job balancing the MP levels for loot. I think there is not really a clear choice, rather a few levels where you will get roughly equivalent loot per hour. You can choose the easiest of those if you want, or ratchet it up for a change of pace/try a different build.
Reply Quote
11/09/2012 02:52 PMPosted by Whitechapel
I can do 5-7... If you do it solo, or have really good team mates, it isn't that hard.

We're talking about efficiency.
Reply Quote

@Bubba

Yeah man me too, when are we gunna..... oh that's right I haven't been on in a week.... Liking ur DH man haven't played in a while but I should be on this weekend for keys. (sold a EF for $85 bucks on RMAH and bought myself a full legacy nats set that i havent gotten to even equip yet...)

for sure! Lovin my new build.... most fun I've had I think as a DH other than tanking which is also fun. Moving tomorrow ... but should be on some this weekend. :)

Got 11 or 12 machines so we can get hellmonkey maybe and whoever else to do some ubers. :)
Reply Quote
I am an archon wizard, I can farm MP5 efficiently, with 300k, I can probably farm MP8 or higher.
Reply Quote
forgot to log on to my D3 account
Reply Quote
I've farmed MP10 before, but not efficiently. I had to kite for long periods of time on each elite pack. I just wanted to see if I could do it, and I did. However, I mostly farm MP3-5 without dying, pretty easy.
Reply Quote
My DH has only 102k dps with okay gear and runs MP5 just fine. I stun with Bola and use Spike Traps for big damage.
Reply Quote
MP5 is cake. I'm not about to make a video just for this thread, but I can facetank pretty much any champ pack unless they're arcane and frozen
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]