Diablo® III

In search of proof - Mp5+ farming

Anyone can "farm" mp5+, just like how I was "farming" act3 inferno during june, taking an hour to clear a part of the map and dying. I doubt half the people boosting that they only farm on high mps are really doing themselves any favour, it's really a giant epeen contest. But hey not my problem.

Of course this doesn't apply to jay wilson barbs, they can farm any mp they like.
Reply Quote
The problem is with the definition of 'farming'. A secondary problem is that people are too concerned with their e-peen and tend to relate their e-peen with which MP level they are doing.

So what you have is people punching above their weight and struggling through MP6 but claiming that they are 'farming'. To me, killing inefficiently is not 'farming'. I'm sure with enough perseverance I can clear MP10 but that would be such a waste of time. If you want to do higher MP for a challenge, go ahead but stop saying you're farming it. One look at your gear would reveal the truth lol..

Even if you're very well geared and can farm, say MP6 fast, that doesn't mean it's the most EFFICIENT, as you can probably farm MP4 faster with more loot per time spent.

Let the e-peen strokers brag all they want. All that matters is efficiency of farming and they're losing out by deluding themselves that they can farm high MP.
Reply Quote
I find MP5 to be the best for solo, MP6 with one other and MP7 with a full game. Anything under MP4 and i'll be falling asleep. MP4 may be more efficient for farming, but I personally enjoy the game more on MP5.

I probably need to let Vault and Gloom find it's way into my game for more survivability and speed, but i'm short on funds for decent disc gear.

I decided to make a video because I have a feeling there are quite a few dhs in here talking out their a$$es.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qMYZ1sz2-LE&feature=youtu.be
Reply Quote
I'm sorry but watching the videos (all on this page) is a real pain...
If you guys really call that farming or effective, you've propably never seen effective farming...ever.
You should really consider farming on an MP setting that fits the equipment and skills you're using.
My point is: The OP wanted proof of "farming" not proof that any DH can open a MP5 or MP7 game...
Edited by Darkrox#2119 on 11/10/2012 2:11 AM PST
Reply Quote
Cluster arrow MP10 easy mode
Reply Quote
I gotta say I laughed at the part 2 vid starting with the goblin getting away lol.
Reply Quote
omg i can join the game and i pay money for these !@#$
Reply Quote
Darkrox,

Please, indulge us.. according to your profile you haven't even killed a single monster.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Death Knight
Here's Key farming on MP5 with 115k DPS.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GomwFfeoKT4

-----

This is generally what "farming" is. You go in, blow up whatever you want to blow up, and continue on to the next stop. Farming isn't about screwing around for hours to slowly beat on mobs. That's why as MP gets higher, the runs generally become slower (and at some point flat out inefficient).

For an exp farm run to actually be efficient at higher MP, it means you're clearing fast enough to make up for the fact that you're not 1-shot'ing mobs like you would at MP0. Meanwhile key runs are done at higher MP because a MP5 key run is 5x more likely to drop a key then a MP1 run. Loot and exp don't scale the same way, which is why it's so difficult to make a loot/exp run actually efficient on higher monster power.

-----

Basically until Blizzard changes something, it'll be:

- MP9-10 for ubers (get carried if you have to)
- Something high, yet comfortable, for Key Runs while skipping trash mobs
- Low MP that you faceroll over for exp and loot
Reply Quote
Darkrox,
Please, indulge us.. according to your profile you haven't even killed a single monster.

hey Smartypants, why don't you try this link which leads to my EU profile, since i play on the EU Server.
http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Darkrox-2119/

I think 406740 Kills should be enough to reconsider your post.
Edited by Darkrox#2119 on 11/10/2012 4:55 AM PST
Reply Quote
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yzAO3tacQeY&feature=plcp - part 1

dh 100k dps Mp 7 farming

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y4lLwaAA2AM - part 2

No offence, but by the time you kill that first pack ive already cleared core of arreat, tower of the damned, and am well into core 2 with 5 stacks on mp0. And my gear is pretty average. Its still waaaaaaaaaaaaay more efficient 'farming'

But i admire your ... patience
Reply Quote
Well, all classes except Barbs are kind of waiting for some buff to make it a lot more enjoyable to play.

I mean, I saw a mp10 barb doing azmodan run pretty fast in a stream.
Reply Quote
In my opinion it's not that the other classes aren't "fun". It simply sucks to see a Barb with mid-range equip facerolling MP levels that others with better gear can barely farm at all.
That's the whole reason why ppl cry that they can't farm MP X. Otherwise they'd say: "Well looks like i need better equip".
My main isn't a DH but, anyway: Everything beyond MP5 slows me down to an extend, where (atleast i personally) wont call it farming anymore.
Edited by Darkrox#2119 on 11/10/2012 5:15 AM PST
Reply Quote
well you awnser with dh is anything after MP4

Kill everyhting .....if you miss one thats gonna kill you lol
Reply Quote

Basically until Blizzard changes something, it'll be:

- MP9-10 for ubers (get carried if you have to)
- Something high, yet comfortable, for Key Runs while skipping trash mobs
- Low MP that you faceroll over for exp and loot

pretty much this. alot more loot by doing lower MP/more runs

(side note- broke my record yesterday and this morning.. last 4 runs = 9 legendaries (2sets). only one set worth something though :( )
Reply Quote
Can any demon hunter post a video of them farming MP5 or higher efficiently? I sometimes come across people in game bragging that they can smash through MP6 and the like, but I'm *really* having a hard time seeing how.

I don't think my gear is best in the world or anything, but it is decent. I can only farm MP1 efficiently (i.e. 11-12 minute Alkaizer run), and MP2 pretty well. MP3 is too slow for me, and it works out to be a poor use of my time.

On MP3+, I pretty much have to stop using Elemental Arrow and bring out something a bit more powerful, like Loaded for Bear. But if I do that, I basically have to not use Vault, which is bound to lower efficiency. Also, using Vault is not even a good idea anymore since it wastes way too much discipline. There's nothing worse than vaulting for speed but then not having any discipline to survive during a long trek (and thus dying a horrible death). This doesn't happen on MP1-2.

So if there are any Demon Hunter's out there smashing through MP5, I'd love to

1) See your gear
2) See your build
3) See a video as proof

Thanks!

I can be honest with you , i`m well geared , with all tactical skills you can go over 200k dps , i`m farming at mp5 with some issues ,sometimes ,on mp6 is abit hard but is depence what skill and tactics you use , I cant proof you with video or something but ,once the server is up i`ll try to make it for ya ,so you will see how i`m grinding act 3 almost all mp5 for 1h
Reply Quote
Are traps essential for efficient runs? Cos I almost never use them. I can only go for mp2 which is okay speed. Mp3 is just slow for me. Any advice?
Reply Quote
try using evasive fire as prmary with covering fire
i have 35% extra damage for evasive damage from gear which gives me 165% damage to 3 targets
it gives you 4 hatred instead of 3
thats pretty efficient
Reply Quote
11/10/2012 06:06 AMPosted by alanoide
Are traps essential for efficient runs? Cos I almost never use them. I can only go for mp2 which is okay speed. Mp3 is just slow for me. Any advice?

For MP2, run Cluster Arrow - LfB, way faster for taking down elites that move around a lot. Spike Traps are better suited for tanking on higher MP's since you aren't going to be killing anything in 5 seconds.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]