Diablo® III

In search of proof - Mp5+ farming

@Myrmidon, if you get used to it.. you'll see how effective they can be in sustaining damage. Gas Grenades has a stacking chance in both damage in proc chances ;)

Cluster Grenades can multihit enemies, like.. 2 Grenade explosions from Cluster can hit a monster..

Stun Grenades on huge monsters is as good as Bola Shot Thunder ball but has 2 chances in stunning instead of 1 if monster is big.

The only downside of Grenades is the Melee-ish range it has..

There's an Azmodan speed kill that used Grenades - Tinkerer. Took him 45sec to kill MP10 Azmodan.

Grenades ain't useless.
Reply Quote
@TRIPL3try
I recently became able to farm MP6 pretty efficiently. For the longest time I was using the Cull the Weak + Entangling Shot strategy, but recently invested in some new items:

Andariel's Visage
Inna's Pants + Belt (both low, but dat set bonus)
Nat's Cloak (bought it yesterday, actually hindered my progression without the +10 Discipline from my old cloak....but soon...the boots...)

I'm learning that the passive skill Tactical Advantage is pretty important for farming efficiency, but I use it with Smoke Screen and not Vault.

Once I get some more Discipline, I will roll through this !@#$. Before I could tank a little bit in MP5, but now I'm going straight glass cannon. 130K DPS without Sharpshooter.

Believe me 130K dps is not enough >__> to farm mp5 efficiently(esp. for dh). I run 253K dps no ss and 187K dps completely unbuffed, and no I am not glassy. I can mp5 just fine, however It is still not as efficient as mp2 in finding legendaries per hour.

It's efficient because I can kill and move on right away. And efficient being that an elite pack should take no more than 8-10 seconds to kill (6 seconds or less preferably), unless they have shielding, may take a bit longer but anyway, you cannot do that with mp5.

True mp5 will give you more magic find than mp2 however, you get more runs in on mp2 (or whatever your "sweetspot" mp is), meaning you'll kill more !@#$ per hour increasing your chances of getting legendaries naturally.

To farm mp5 as efficiently I do mp2, Your unbuffed dps would need to be somewhere close to 300K and so on and so forth as you go higher in mp.

"Farming" mp 10 is a joke. Unless you wanna get guaranteed keys and fight uber bosses with friends, that's all I would say mp 10 is good for. By the time you get done completing an act on mp10 you'd have gotten 10 times more runs on mp2.

Efficiency is what where talking about here right? Mp 10 is by no means efficient, Not saying it's impossible, just saying it's gonna take a lot to accomplish that. (or get barb...lol jk)

Which means farming mp5 efficiently is definitely doable, it's just gonna take a lot more dps than you probably thought it would.
Edited by DyRuXSiN#1631 on 11/11/2012 12:04 AM PST
Reply Quote
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=2DTt7GsKaTs

MP7. I have skills setup and gears in the description. I like it because I can constantly reduce mobs' damage by 20%. I can heal while being frozen, no kiting. Good discipline management, you can change bola shot to grenade - cluster bombs for better discipline regeneration.
Reply Quote
I think there may be a misunderstanding in this thread. I have basically been farming for keys since 1.0.5 has come out and key farming is not worth MP4 and below. I thought most people were farming keys? Apparently not. Obviously for exp. an loot farming MP2 and MP3 is best for most.
Reply Quote
Why would I farm keys? For fun maybe, but otherwise it's pointless - got a decent one I stick on for levelling and that's enough. I have like a stack of 50 A3 keys just from killing the warden at the end of my MP4 runs in the past, now I don't bother since I run MP0. It's a horribly lousy way to gear up if you're hoping for that godly Hellfire Ring. You could level all five classes to plvl 100 before you saw a perfectly rolled trifecta with +damage.

If Blizzard didn't wuss out on keeping the proc good it might motivate people to farm more directly for keys. If something is good enough to wear just for the proc, then OCD people and perfectionists will farm and farm just to get a more perfectly rolled ring.
Edited by Myon#1319 on 11/11/2012 2:11 AM PST
Reply Quote
I'm farming keys because I have only made one ring and it was an upgrade and i have OCD. I forgot people play this game as a full time job.
Reply Quote
11/10/2012 05:35 PMPosted by Myrmidon

so very wrong....

you then my friend are one of the very few who use them. I NEVER...NEVER...NEVER have seen another DH use them in any co-op game I ever played in. But, am glad to see one successfully use it...I stand corrected...

Add me in game and I'll show you two very powerful grenade builds.
Reply Quote
Yes, so that's on you then, Beri, not all of us have OCD. It's a little ironic you would try and insinuate I play this game too much when I'm the one keeping far away from the higher MPs. God knows how long you would need to play if you spent all your time slogging it out up there. An MP0 Alkaizer run takes all of 10 minutes.

Now that I think of it, I wouldn't be surprised if I spent one of the least times farming keys. I've never actually ever had to farm my own machines after all, people ask me to give them a hand with the ubers, I just hop in and out after.
Edited by Myon#1319 on 11/11/2012 2:47 AM PST
Reply Quote
My uber service party member, Megademon (DH), solo MP8+ uber and farm MP 9-10 only.
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Megademon-1255/hero/12549170

Our service thread.
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7004035003?page=1

Megademon and I, average an MP8 uber run in 13-15m. MP9 take about 20ish min. MP10 30 min or less. So you can imagine how efficient we farm mp10, cake with frosting :)

Tank DH is very strong with the ability to proc 35%+ stun and face tank almost all elite. Though there is only two DH out of 99 people on my friend list that is capable of doing what he does.
Edited by sNAz#1749 on 11/11/2012 4:13 AM PST
Reply Quote
I can farm under mp5 but takes me a loong time to kill an elite pack or champion pack, especially when they have the reflect damage affix or a waller jailer desecrator in which no choice but to restart operation :)
Reply Quote

you then my friend are one of the very few who use them. I NEVER...NEVER...NEVER have seen another DH use them in any co-op game I ever played in. But, am glad to see one successfully use it...I stand corrected...

join me in game will show you how it's done...

In all honesty, I would love to see it! I am open to finding different builds and options - makes the game more interesting. Friend me...
Reply Quote
@Myrmidon, if you get used to it.. you'll see how effective they can be in sustaining damage. Gas Grenades has a stacking chance in both damage in proc chances ;)

Cluster Grenades can multihit enemies, like.. 2 Grenade explosions from Cluster can hit a monster..

Stun Grenades on huge monsters is as good as Bola Shot Thunder ball but has 2 chances in stunning instead of 1 if monster is big.

The only downside of Grenades is the Melee-ish range it has..

There's an Azmodan speed kill that used Grenades - Tinkerer. Took him 45sec to kill MP10 Azmodan.

Grenades ain't useless.

That is cool - I am interested to see how it is done - I tried MP-3 the other day and used different runes - was cool, but maybe need to adjust skills 1 - 4 in order to make it work...Maybe my comment regarding the skill being useless is obviously incorrect - I should have said that I do not use them because I haven't found a good enough build around other skills that would take advantage of the grenade skill.
Reply Quote
Grenades are actually particularly good against Azmodan, his hitbox is so big he gets hit by all three grenades if I'm not wrong. At 95% per grenade it's easily the most damaging hatred generator you can use against him.
Reply Quote
sorry for asking but does mp really increase the drop rates?.

Topic:

i dont have the best gear but i can roll mp 4 fast except if there are too much reflect packs XD.

mp3-4 on MF hunting and MP6-10 on ubers with party :D
Reply Quote

so very wrong....

lol grenader is so OP I'm surprised Blizzard hasn't nerfed it yet

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=smCf_d5JiPs
Edited by Fingerling#1982 on 11/11/2012 6:52 AM PST
Reply Quote
I currently farm mp4 and could probably do mp5, I don't know. I have a different quiver that I just got, but was on mp4 before that... I tank, that's the build I wanted to go with coming from a barb. I pretty much don't kite, don't run, can stand in anything as long as I have gloom going.

It's expensive to find gear wtih dex, vit, AR, and crit, but you know, you gotta do what ya gotta do. I don't vault, I don't even know what that is... try to get your vit around 40k, your resists around 500 and your damage around 150 (no ss) and with skilled play you could probably get close to mp5. Wouldn't be wildly efficient (I'm at 500 resists, 50k life, 175k dmg and I prefer 4), but you could at least do it.
Reply Quote
I can probably farm MP 5-6 but it's slow and there is a chance of dying to retarded OP affixes. I don't know if it's more efficient to farm a lower MP maybe I should try that and compare but honestly I get bored really quickly when I oneshot or threeshot everything in my way. Although what you mentioned could be more efficient but I find it boring and the loot is typically trash at levels below MP 4.
Reply Quote
Mp5 with grenade/cluster arrow/shuriken cloud build
Especialy melee packs, like the tremor pack at the end of the clip, are melting like ice in the sunshine with this build.
Ranged packs, waller, shielding, take a little longer.

http://youtu.be/B8wup4Qdy-s?hd=1

my profile: http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Antili-2847/hero/6364684
Edited by Antili#2847 on 11/11/2012 2:28 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Shaman
MP5 Act 3 runs are hella easy in my gear/build. I would upload a vid as proof but im hella lazy. Gear like me and copy build for gg MP5 runs =P
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/McSquish-1979/hero/129059
Edited by McSquish#1979 on 11/11/2012 2:39 PM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]