Diablo® III

Monsters starting with 80% health

In every new pack of monsters I encounter, there will be one or a few monsters with only 80% (or so) health. Elite packs included. As if a D2 Sorceress ran up to them and used the Static Field spell on them before I arrived.

Anyone experience this too?
Reply Quote
Yep
Reply Quote
I have seen it also, not a clue what's causing it though.
Reply Quote
If you have the female follower, that could have been done by her either from charming or a cluster attack she can be trained to do.
Reply Quote
11/11/2012 07:19 PMPosted by orlock
If you have the female follower, that could have been done by her either from charming or a cluster attack she can be trained to do.

Or even from your range shots that go off screen. I have not notice the 80% (cause I don't pay that close attention to there health at start of battle), but many times I encounter drops that I thought no battle had occurred.
Reply Quote
agreed, i have seen it. I run with the scoundrel so i cant confirm them being charmed.
Reply Quote
yeah, basically every group i see has something less than full health. must be a bug
Reply Quote
There are environmental hazards that damage monsters
Reply Quote
I initially thought it might be my enchantress, but it's quite impossible as she only deals 4k damage, which won't even leave a dent on MP7. As for stray range attacks... my only range attack is a Hellfire fireball which also does hardly any damage, definitely not enough to take 20% off the health of an elite.

I mean I'm not complaining... just wondering why.
Reply Quote
yep and I also find random piles of gold thru out the level as if I had alrady been there and killed some monsters, not sure why this happens.
Reply Quote
Verified in solo play, its definitely not being caused by me or my follower doing damage to them off the screen. Pre-damaged mobs.
Reply Quote
I've noticed as well on both my Barb and my Monk. Both use the scoundrel follower. No idea what the cause is. I always just chalked it up to maybe some mobs getting away from me or something. No clue.
Reply Quote
This is an odd problem that cropped up recently, it isn't them being damaged by a source.

Two more threads I ran across about it:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7006345734
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7006345397
Reply Quote
I don't think it is the enchantress, because my treasure goblins are down health too, but not yet initiated, her attacking would cause it to run.
Reply Quote
happens to me not alot but often its just like if you enter a new area say crater 2 there will be random gold piles on the ground and i'll run into a mob of whites and 1 or 2 will have a quarter of there health already down and i use the scoundrel so it cant be the enchantress. I always just said o well but who knows?
Reply Quote
Yeah i started to notice this only a few days ago. And to be honest i think it is happening to more and more monster packs as time goes by. It is very odd.
Reply Quote
only noticed this after the last round of server restarts. about 5 days ago maybe?
Reply Quote
Would be nice if it happened to ubers too. Haha.
Reply Quote
i don't mind at all. consider this as a bonus
Reply Quote
so i guess you can just sit at the start of the zone and just wait for all the units to die, and then clean up!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]