Diablo® III

LF tips on my monk for mp5+

My goal is to farm mp5-7 for ubers but im struggling on mp5 seems im taking to much dmg from elemental mobs. Was wondering if any 1 had ideas on how i could improve to farm mp5-7
Reply Quote
View profile
I would suggest switching out Beacon of Ytar with Guardian's Path. You should be able to solo mp 7 without any problems.

What's your resist at? You got some nice armor and enough sustain for mp 7. The problem could be low resist.
Reply Quote
You can add up more resist or change blinding light for dashing strike to get out of molten, desecrator, plague, etc. I use it will flying kick for the stun and its very good also works to catch teleport elites and feared mobs from the EF proc.

For passives you can use fleet footed or resolve if you still need to take less dmg. I am using exalted soul only for the added spirit pool but I am trying to find a way to change it for another but since our passives suck so much and I don't need resolve yet I am sticking to this -__-
Reply Quote
580 resist now changed bracers lost 1.5k dps but gaind 60 resist still having some issues idk
Reply Quote
U dont need more Res. What u need is CC, CD, and Vit (or Life%).

- Drop the unity, find (buy, steal, borrow...) a trifecta ring indeed. Or Nata set.
- Drop the sword on Off Hand. Find a weapon with 1100+DPS, native crit, dex, vit, socket.

U will find MP 5 is a cupcake.
Reply Quote
just need more life. change all ur gems to vit would do.
Reply Quote
I think you need more dmg, if I were you, I would buy Echoing Fury in place of that sword, it will rise your dmg and as, and sicle is good for EF fear, if you find it anoying.
Reply Quote
11/13/2012 01:23 AMPosted by Bragolach
I think you need more dmg, if I were you, I would buy Echoing Fury in place of that sword, it will rise your dmg and as, and sicle is good for EF fear, if you find it anoying.

Idk im trying to stay 5% lifesteal so i can do mp5-7 ubers idk if id live with only 2.6%.
Edited by Ratk1ll3r#1144 on 11/13/2012 2:26 AM PST
Reply Quote
I have very similar stats with you, slightly different build (but not by much), and I can do mp5-7 pretty easily. The one thing different, that I think is making the difference, is LOH. You only have 297 from your ring. Lifesteal is great but coupling it with more LOH makes a big difference. Easiest way to get it is your amulet. Check out my amulet in my profile (I think it was around 30 mil). Similar to yours without the vit but with 700+ LOH. Combined with my ring I have about 1k LOH. Makes a HUGE difference.

Not sure if that's going to help? Just buy a super cheap amulet with high LOH and crit and no other stats to test it out.

I'd also test out switching Blinding Flash for an Ally. The Ally's tank and separate mobs. They don't have super high survivability, but you can recast them pretty much non-stop if you need to. I've found they are a super help - They run in first usually which allows you to either get a bunch of free hits in while the elites focus on your ally, or separate one out to kill singly. If you still are having issues, you back off and summon one again and repeat.
Edited by Ikky#1671 on 11/13/2012 3:07 AM PST
Reply Quote
There are a couple ways to get over the hump. You can up your resistances to get them over 700 (seems like the magic number to me). Or you can get LOH to help with sustaining your life. Or you could up your damage to enjoy the benefits of lifesteal a bit more. Any combination of these will get you to the promised land of MP5 / MP7.

Personally, I did a combination of up my dps while get more resists. I have been trying to make a build that can get away from OWE as I think they are going to kick us in the you know what for that passive. With my build, I can do MP10 slowly when I pop on a different belt and all defensive traits and a HP gem.

In your case, I think the best bet is to go with more resists as it will be less expensive than getting 2 higher dps weapons with life steal / critical / sockets. Build your strength in defence and build the offence as you can. On the plus side, with all the monks making a mass exodus to other classes, you can get gear a lot cheaper now than you could a month ago.
Reply Quote
how much lifesteal do i need can i drop some and get loh instead for better combo?

example 2.7 lifesteal with 1k loh
or 5% lifesteal no loh whats better?
Reply Quote
^
Reply Quote
You can farm higher MP with 2.5% life steal, you just need more DPS (highier DPS more life you leech). As someone said above, change your sword for an echoing fury with 0.24+ APS and open socket, if not a wepon with hip base DPS, high crit dmg and open socket.

you should be fine with 115k 120k dps unbuffed with 2.60% life steal

Also change beacon of ytar for resolve.

:)
Edited by cucacola54Mx#1897 on 11/13/2012 3:27 PM PST
Reply Quote
how much lifesteal do i need can i drop some and get loh instead for better combo?

example 2.7 lifesteal with 1k loh
or 5% lifesteal no loh whats better?

thats what I did. 2.8% LS and 1100 LOH. I survive MP5-7 just fine if I watch my feet
Reply Quote
Well, I could be wrong, but your gear looks just as good, if not better, then mine and I can do ,mp7 solo fairly easily, so maybe it's just your skill setup. Sittin at 720 AR.
Reply Quote
Remember that lifesteal is capped at 20% effectiveness in Inferno. That means 3.0% lifesteal is really only giving you about 0.6%. That's why a combo of LoH and LS helps.
Reply Quote
What... Is... This...

No,
the REAL answer is :

Drop breath of heaven, and add in Exploding Palm - Impending Doom.

That's it. No BS or gearing needed.

----------------------------------------

Tune into the greatest Monk guide of all time, the One, the All, the Absolute.
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7004037253
Reply Quote
Lets say your average hit is 100,000.00. 5% life steal is actually 1% in Inferno. That means your average hit gives you 1000 life. Now lets say you have 2.5% LS and 1000 LH. That's 500 life from LS and 1000 from LOH which = 1,500 life per hit.
Reply Quote
Ok i bought an echo with 1150dps socket .25 and a new offhand with 800loh 2.8% LS.....The combo with 2.8% LS and 1200loh works alot better than just 5.5% LS i am now at 107kdps and completed ubers on mp7 pretty easily

1200loh total with 2.8% LS doing much better now ty for tips
Edited by Ratk1ll3r#1144 on 11/13/2012 9:23 PM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]