Diablo® III

If D3 is the future of gaming....

I don't think RMAH is killing the "Fair Play" gaming.

Why?

Because there's ALWAYS been Real Money trading over online games, and there's nothing any company can do about it. Unless they put a retina scanner for every time you log in, and still some crazy korean would steal some other people eyeball.

For example on WoW: With all that protection, people still trade gold, and people still sell whole accounts.

The difference is that as Blizzard noticed this problem is unavoidable, on D3 they decided to profit over it with a fee, providing some security over the trades.

As long as money exists, everything will be pay-to-win. From Online games, to Soccer matches and Wrestling...

Concerning RMAH... I hope Blizzard will keep it in their new games.

It has much potential if being used in a huge mmo with more to trade than just gear...

Think about rare pets, vegetables you farm, random trinkets you make etc...

I prefer the RMAH above ANY traditional cash shop from the developpers.

I hate these free to p(l)ay mechanics where you need to pay in a cash shop to have a bigger bag, more zones, better weapons ... ALL profits going 100% to those developpers.

At least RMAH is a trading where there is buying AND selling possible between players.

It is better than free to pay cash shops. period.
Edited by BenBoske#2907 on 11/14/2012 2:52 AM PST
Reply Quote
Well, the way I see it, Diablo III was released as only half-a-game.

Where's the PvP?

Where's the fun?

WoW is beyond stale anymore; reskinned instances of the same old things, with higher stats to scale the the higher stats of enemies.

SC2 isn't as popular as Brood War because of balance issues that won't be fully worked out until (at least) 6 months after the last expansion.

Diablo 3 was released as a half-a-game. Personally, I would rather have waited an extra 6 months for it if we got a complete game instead of this empty husk.

With the way Blizzard is moving sideways (not forward nor backward) ...I honestly don't have much hope for the company. Their 'Titan' MMO will just be WoW with better graphics, I'm predicting.

Now, all this isn't to say I won't still play Starcraft 2 and Diablo 3, but my attention is slowly moving to other companies' games, because riding a franchise like they are doing anymore is akin to Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull (that is to say, terrible.)

TL;DR: Go back and reread it amg.
Reply Quote
11/14/2012 02:59 AMPosted by SeeknDestroy
So the future of gaming is to sell unfinished games with beta-testers-payers and implementing game mechanics to ensure a constant flow of revenues, destroying the gaming experience for people not willing to be used as cash cows. Bright future indeed.

Well, you can write the almost the same sentence on a more broad spectrum...

"So the future of industry is to sell unfinished products (Like iPoop 1, 2, 3, etc) with impulsive consumers and implementing debt policies to ensure a constant flow of revenues, destroying the life experience for people not willing to be used as cash cows. Bright future indeed."

That's why we have to #Occupy. :p

I'm not saying I like it, and I'm not saying I agree with it. This business model is not illegal, just immoral. But it's expected, and they're not behaving differently from any other company of the last decades...
Edited by StriderDen#1800 on 11/14/2012 3:17 AM PST
Reply Quote
11/14/2012 12:18 AMPosted by Ender
..it isnt. it wont be. blizzard is not the top it used to be. it makes money, but that doesnt mean its the top of design anymore. path of exile, and torchlight destroy diablo 3 in every aspect it coudltn live up to.

There's still aspects of DIII that destroy poe and tl2, in my opinion.
I just hope future patches and expansions add meaningful content.

As an action game, maybe. As an RPG, no no no
Reply Quote
Everything will soon have bewbs!
I mean look what they did to Bewblo? He was all big, nasty and badass in D and D2, then they gave him a pair up there.
Reply Quote
If D3 is the future of gaming then I will only play old games thx.
Reply Quote
... then gaming has a great future.
Reply Quote
SeeknDestroy
View profile
So the future of gaming is to sell unfinished games with beta-testers-payers and implementing game mechanics to ensure a constant flow of revenues, destroying the gaming experience for people not willing to be used as cash cows. Bright future indeed.

sad future indeed, imo.

stryker
View profile
If D3 is the future of gaming then I will only play old games thx.

Likewise.
Reply Quote
Online games in the market right now tries to avoid this model.

They provide "convenience" and "cosmetics" in their cash shops, say, exp scrolls will allow players to level up faster but keeps players involve in playing.

Also, they keep the in-game market and cash shop market separated so that "manipulators" like "flippers" can't conveniently do their usual maneuvering of the market. In-game items can be sold in cash shops but it will bound there, meaning can't be sold back in the in-game market. In addition to that, they implement separate currencies. These model is more successful and avoids the term "pay-to-win" or "pay-for-power."

The difference is that there's no effort from blizzard in trying to do away from "pay-for-power" philosophy but instead they celebrate it for profit sacrificing integrity.

This model is for free-to-play games, I don't understand why they'd added this in a pay-to-play ARPG. Seems that the greed they get from their subscription game consumed them.
Reply Quote

Well the stats prove you are wrong on all accounts:

http://www.xfire.com/genre/rpg/role-playing/

diablo 3 is by far 3rd most played Rpg within that club that covers all games.

7 weeks after launch TL2 went from 12 to almost out of the top 100 and PoE is even worse...

Diablo 3 simply doubled its playing time over the last 4 weeks and the pvp patch is not even out yet.

The reason is simple: d3 is more suited for on line play than MMO's these days.

Fast play, no hastle with grouping, one server per region, no rep grinds etc...

And patch 1.05 has some pretty good end game questing/ring quest..

After 6 months it is clear that with regular patches D3 is here to stay ...for the very long run.

The samples prove it.

The f#ck are you talking about? PoE is in closed beta. Most of the game hasn't been released. There are going to be character wipes before open beta - do you expect people to devote thousands of hours to a character/s that are going to be deleted in the near future? The other RPGs I refer to haven't been released yet. We're talking about in the FUTURE, hence the thread called THE FUTURE OF GAMING. Are you blind, or just generally stupid? Also you say "the stats" then link xfire. What are you even trying to do?

Everyone knows every other game is better ... As long as they aren't .... Published.

You just ignored the FACTS that D3 climbed in playing hours over the last 4 weeks. In fact it doubled its playing time and now has reached 50% of WoW's actvity again...

Only a matter of time before it gets to 2nd place in that rpg field when its PvP patch will launch...
As for PoE: comments are already over the place: mediocre engine, slow game play, inferior even than TL2 and that game is already dropping out of the top 100 played RPG on the samples.

So , my post proved you wrong (long term play and interest in D3) and the agressive stand shows you are just the usual hater.

Get over it: D3 is played 5 times more than Eve in the west alone and you don't like that...

Edited by BenBoske#2907 on 11/14/2012 3:56 AM PST
Reply Quote
Online games in the market right now tries to avoid this model.

They provide "convenience" and "cosmetics" in their cash shops, say, exp scrolls will allow players to level up faster but keeps players involve in playing.

Also, they keep the in-game market and cash shop market separated so that "manipulators" like "flippers" can't conveniently do their usual maneuvering of the market. In-game items can be sold in cash shops but it will bound there, meaning can't be sold back in the in-game market. In addition to that, they implement separate currencies. These model is more successful and avoids the term "pay-to-win" or "pay-for-power."

The difference is that there's no effort from blizzard in trying to do away from "pay-for-power" philosophy but instead they celebrate it for profit sacrificing integrity.

This model is for free-to-play games, I don't understand why they'd added this in a pay-to-play ARPG. Seems that the greed they get from their subscription game consumed them.

Stop being ridiculous. RMAH is a new experiment and the fact players - for once- can get some coins back from a game is a nice idea.

It certainly beats the lame cash shops you talk about.

You know what's the problem ?

Instead of looking at the good points of a Blizzard game (any Blizzard game) the usual suspects only try to come up with bad points (how odd they may be)

And the .... End result has always been: how is it possible blizzard is successful ? (understatement of the decade btw ...)

Just 2 examples. In diablo 3 no one talks about the superior on line engine and extreme fast response times nor is there any thought about the one centralised server structure.

For WoW it is even more clear: open world play accross servers is simply a new standard in open world MMO's

And all these idiots do is complain ...

I laugh so hard when I see all those haters lose their arguments year upon year upon year against Blizzard ...

10 million players after 8 years paying a monthly sub. 11 million copies sold of D3 in a genre where others hardly come to 500k at garbage bin prices ...

Yeah what a fail ...
Edited by BenBoske#2907 on 11/14/2012 4:18 AM PST
Reply Quote
I don't think RMAH is killing the "Fair Play" gaming.

Why?

Because there's ALWAYS been Real Money trading over online games, and there's nothing any company can do about it. Unless they put a retina scanner for every time you log in, and still some crazy korean would steal some other people eyeball.

For example on WoW: With all that protection, people still trade gold, and people still sell whole accounts.

The difference is that as Blizzard noticed this problem is unavoidable, on D3 they decided to profit over it with a fee, providing some security over the trades.

As long as money exists, everything will be pay-to-win. From Online games, to Soccer matches and Wrestling...

If every game is pay to win then were do you pay to become good at starcraft i dont recall ever have to pay to do anything in a RTS
Reply Quote
Except the RMAH is as good a play to win money as it is a pay to win ...

Making it superior since it is trading between players and not buying from developpers.
Reply Quote
From what i see today, there is no hope for D3 on the future.

[quote]I don't think it'll last. It just isn't sustainably fun, there's no sense of purpose or customization or skill. A little like WoW's become/becoming.

I genuinely believe that gamers in general are not stupid enough to put the gameplan of D3 before fun long-term. I simply think that there's no alternative for this particular niche of gaming. I think once PoE hits open beta, becomes more widely known, better funded etc, and other ARPGs hit their stride, it'll take its toll.

I also think that Blizzard will adapt if they see it happening, for their future games at least. It's simply up to us gamers in general to show them what we want, that we're the ones keeping their business alive, not vice versa. It's kinda disgusting.

Well the stats prove you are wrong on all accounts:

diablo 3 is by far 3rd most played Rpg within that club that covers all games.

7 weeks after launch TL2 went from 12 to almost out of the top 100 and PoE is even worse...

Diablo 3 simply doubled its playing time over the last 4 weeks and the pvp patch is not even out yet.

The reason is simple: d3 is more suited for on line play than MMO's these days.

Fast play, no hastle with grouping, one server per region, no rep grinds etc...

And patch 1.05 has some pretty good end game questing/ring quest..

After 6 months it is clear that with regular patches D3 is here to stay ...for the very long run.

The samples prove it.

Yep this game has audience alright.
Im gonna tell you some truth here, from my POV, a huge amount of friends in Indonesia says that this game are the worst version of Diablo.
I dont know about your country, But in Mine, D3 is boring.
D2 has the touch, the magic.
D3 has lost it.
Edited by DragonDutz#6607 on 11/14/2012 4:36 AM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]