Diablo® III

If D3 is the future of gaming....

11/14/2012 04:19 AMPosted by Ghostface
If every game is pay to win then were do you pay to become good at starcraft i dont recall ever have to pay to do anything in a RTS

Well, if I pay a quantity so you let me win when I play against you, there's a price for that or you'll ever ever play your best for the sake of "fairplay" ?
My point is: Nothing is sacred and everything is for sale.
I don't like it, don't use this rules, but I accept this thought exists.

But you're right, I'll correct my sensence: Everything has the potential to be a pay-for-win.

(Doesn't mean you pay to be good. You pay to win, that's different.)
Reply Quote
11/14/2012 04:26 AMPosted by DragonDutz
From what i see today, there is no hope for D3 on the future.

And yet D3 is far better suited to stand the test of time in on line play vs all those others.

Certainly against MMO's and in the Arpg there is not even a competition

http://www.xfire.com/genre/rpg/role-playing/

Bl2, Tl2 a real laugh if you view these game's retention rates today...
Reply Quote

The f#ck are you talking about? PoE is in closed beta. Most of the game hasn't been released. There are going to be character wipes before open beta - do you expect people to devote thousands of hours to a character/s that are going to be deleted in the near future? The other RPGs I refer to haven't been released yet. We're talking about in the FUTURE, hence the thread called THE FUTURE OF GAMING. Are you blind, or just generally stupid? Also you say "the stats" then link xfire. What are you even trying to do?

Everyone knows every other game is better ... As long as they aren't .... Published.

You just ignored the FACTS that D3 climbed in playing hours over the last 4 weeks. In fact it doubled its playing time and now has reached 50% of WoW's actvity again...

Only a matter of time before it gets to 2nd place in that rpg field when its PvP patch will launch...
As for PoE: comments are already over the place: mediocre engine, slow game play, inferior even than TL2 and that game is already dropping out of the top 100 played RPG on the samples.

So , my post proved you wrong (long term play and interest in D3) and the agressive stand shows you are just the usual hater.

Get over it: D3 is played 5 times more than Eve in the west alone and you don't like that...

You obviously know absolutely nothing about Path of Exile so please shut your stupid face.

Over 100 people have purchased the $1000 supporter pack for path of exile because they believe in the game that much. While current and former players of D3 do nothing but complain about it. Thats a big difference.

Please go to the POE forums and try to make a level headed argument for why D3 is better. It would be hilarious. Because over there people are actually happy and passionate about how much they love the game. Its nothing like the D3 community who complain about lots of different issues because they fail to see that its broken at its very core.
Reply Quote
11/14/2012 04:30 AMPosted by BenBoske

And yet D3 is far better suited to stand the test of time in on line play vs all those others.

I predict D3 will continue to bleed players over the next year while Path of Exile does nothing but gain in popularity since open beta is only a few weeks away.

However I could be wrong. A lot of people play D3 not because its a fun game but because its a low paying job. Diablo botfest 3 FTW
Reply Quote

Everyone knows every other game is better ... As long as they aren't .... Published.

You just ignored the FACTS that D3 climbed in playing hours over the last 4 weeks. In fact it doubled its playing time and now has reached 50% of WoW's actvity again...

Only a matter of time before it gets to 2nd place in that rpg field when its PvP patch will launch...
As for PoE: comments are already over the place: mediocre engine, slow game play, inferior even than TL2 and that game is already dropping out of the top 100 played RPG on the samples.

So , my post proved you wrong (long term play and interest in D3) and the agressive stand shows you are just the usual hater.

Get over it: D3 is played 5 times more than Eve in the west alone and you don't like that...

You obviously know absolutely nothing about Path of Exile so please shut your stupid face.

Over 100 people have purchased the $1000 supporter pack for path of exile because they believe in the game that much. While current and former players of D3 do nothing but complain about it. Thats a big difference.

Please go to the POE forums and try to make a level headed argument for why D3 is better. It would be hilarious. Because over there people are actually happy and passionate about how much they love the game. Its nothing like the D3 community who complain about lots of different issues because they fail to see that its broken at its very core.

Correction these samples prove that D3 is played more than most other rpg games ...combined.
The lone dwellers on forums don't represent 0.0001% of actual players.

As for 100 idiots paying for a game that is a hollow trial from amateurs. Good.

I am an old board wargamer too: our games sold in quantities of 500 copies too.

But we didn't pretend we would conquer the world either.

Blizzard does though. For 16 + years already. The difference is 1.4 billion dollars revenue... Per year...

It is called available resources and it shows in every inch of Blizzard's far superior work of art.
Edited by BenBoske#2907 on 11/14/2012 4:41 AM PST
Reply Quote

Lets not talk about BL 2 and TL2.
BL 2 is my most fave game thou...
By the test of time, People will still be hoping on Diablo 3.
Because for a huge brand, thats already within people heart so much, needs time to diminish.
Example; a bag, no matter how ugly it is, if you name it as gucci/hermes, girls will just buys it because its was gucci/hermes(example).
But keep this bad things going, again and again, then blizzard on the right track on destroying the brand.

If they let D3 continue on this pace, well, they will still have devout players.
But the expectation on the next Diablo franchise just got dimmer in the future.

Why compare to other game.
Well, i Dont like POE, I play TL 2 for 2 week and thats it.
120 and im done, ill play again on the expansion just to know the story.
Im playin Borderlands 2 about 2 month till this day. Got a little bored.

But i Play D2 for about 5 - 6 years.
I play it on 1998( on high school) and last time i replay it again extensively is on 2011.
D3. well, i didnt even play for 200 hours, and i just didnt want to play it anymore.
I dont know... Why the hell should i play, im not building any characters. No builds.
Everything is easy, stats are automaticaly allocated, skills needs no points, just pick and choose. Itemization is bad to the core. Not to mention that this game is all bout stacking those stats to thousands.
Diablo 3 items are plain simple.
You need Crits, Main stats, Vitality, Resist, armor, LOH (Is this truth or not?, im asking your deepest conscience)
Thats it. and only it. Every class on Every skill setup needs this and only this generic affixes items.

Well, D3 was not D2 and D1 after all...
They should not name this game a Diablo to begin with.
Edited by DragonDutz#6607 on 11/14/2012 4:56 AM PST
Reply Quote
11/14/2012 04:33 AMPosted by stryker

I predict D3 will continue to bleed players over the next year while Path of Exile does nothing but gain in popularity since open beta is only a few weeks away.

However I could be wrong. A lot of people play D3 not because its a fun game but because its a low paying job. Diablo botfest 3 FTW

How do you compare bleed with growth on that Xfire stat then ?

And the PvP patch is not even out yet.

Listen, 10 weeks ago the TL2 guys were just posting the same nonsense...

TL2 published and went from 12 to position ...to ... 98 in a mere 7 weeks...

It is just a matter of days before tl2 drops out of that 100 pc games played.

Ok it is just a sample, but a disaster in retention rate for such a small game in that club.

The exact same will happen with PoE. I am afraid though it won't even be in the top 12 at the start and it will dissapear after 10 weeks, just like TL2.

I understand everyone wants to make publicity on Blizzard forums, but get a grip: these competitions are not even scratching the back of Blizzard games...

Not in quality and certainly not in quantity or long term playing value.
Reply Quote

Correction these samples prove that D3 is played more than most other rpg games ...combined.
The lone dwellers on forums don't represent 0.0001% of actual players.

As for 100 idiots paying for a game that is a hollow trial from amateurs. Good.

I am an old board wargamer too: our games sold in quantities of 500 copies too.

But we didn't pretend we would conquer the world either.

Blizzard does though. For 16 + years already. The difference is 1.4 billion dollars revenue... Per year...

It is called available resources and it shows in every inch of Blizzard's far superior work of art.

That 16 years you speak of was the reputation made by different developers at Blizzard. They have already killed the reputation of one great franchise so we'll see if they can continue their success in the distant future.

Hollow trial for amateurs? Hilarious. You boringly grind all day for what? To make real money? No PVP. Absolutely no thought required, just use the best cookie butter build to conquor inferno WWWhHOOOO I am so L33T!!!

Path of Exile has great pvp and an amazing amount of viable builds. Its fun in the way that D2 was to a much higher degree. Oh and it will be in open beta in a few weeks with 3 acts so I don't know where hollow trial comes from. It already has better content than D3 could dream of. You can grind act 3 all day while we use the end game map system.
Edited by stryker#1589 on 11/14/2012 4:51 AM PST
Reply Quote

Ok it is just a sample, but a disaster in retention rate for such a small game in that club.

The exact same will happen with PoE. I am afraid though it won't even be in the top 12 at the start and it will dissapear after 10 weeks, just like TL2.

I understand everyone wants to make publicity on Blizzard forums, but get a grip: these competitions are not even scratching the back of Blizzard games...

longterm value is exactly what I am talking about. PVP won't help D3 for long. Basically everyone realizes how much it will suck IF it ever arrives.

TL2 is a bad comparison, its just a singleplayer game. So what.
Reply Quote
...there will be a lot of whining by people that spend hundreds of hours on a game even though it sucks.
Reply Quote
Just as you know you preach here for 50 posters.

Perhaps PE will sell 15 copies more then ...that's a 30% revenue growth already ...

Oh right, it is free to play with a lame cash shop ...

Sorry, not interested, life is too short to play amateur garbish.

I only play the Blizzard quality of games. You know the one found in Diablo 3 with its 11 million copies sold... And better engine , better itemisation and some real 200 paid professional crew.

I can listen to a Casio any time, but I prefer the Philharmonic quaility of sound.
Reply Quote

longterm value is exactly what I am talking about. PVP won't help D3 for long. Basically everyone realizes how much it will suck IF it ever arrives.

TL2 is a bad comparison, its just a singleplayer game. So what.

I also got a feeling that PVP On D3 wont last that long...
IN D2, People pvp because they want to test the characters they build...
IN D3. is there any build???
Reply Quote
11/14/2012 05:01 AMPosted by Spizzlespee
...there will be a lot of whining by people that spend hundreds of hours on a game even though it sucks.

Only by some hate filled posters...

Not on player stats:

Edited by BenBoske#2907 on 11/14/2012 5:06 AM PST
Reply Quote
Just as you know you preach here for 50 posters.

Perhaps PE will sell 15 copies more then ...that's a 30% revenue growth already ...

Oh right, it is free to play with a lame cash shop ...

Sorry, not interested, life is too short to play amateur garbish.

I only play the Blizzard quality of games. You know the one found in Diablo 3 with its 11 million copies sold... And better engine , better itemisation and some real 200 paid professional crew.

I can listen to a Casio any time, but I prefer the Philharmonic quaility of sound.

Your post made me laugh out loud for real, thx for that. So funny....quality? better itemization! HAHAHA!!! 11 million sold LOL

Please keep it coming this is comedy gold

Edit: Just so I know are you brand new to D3? Your profile is new so??
Edited by stryker#1589 on 11/14/2012 5:09 AM PST
Reply Quote
What is there to laugh about a PC game that sold 11 million copies in 6 months time ?

?

Eu server!.l just stumbled on the US forum.

I am way past your playing point ...btw

You are not even in the end game.

I could say that the hunt for keys and organs is great ... After you finish it.
Edited by BenBoske#2907 on 11/14/2012 5:15 AM PST
Reply Quote
Please answer my question. I just want to know if your brand new to D3.

The 11 million is funny because that does not at all mean the game itself was well made for a Diablo game. Everyone knows that. It instantly sold a crap load of copies (Including the one I bought) because of the reputation of the previous games. That number means nothing to me.
Reply Quote
Stop being ridiculous. RMAH is a new experiment and the fact players - for once- can get some coins back from a game is a nice idea.

It certainly beats the lame cash shops you talk about.

You know what's the problem ?

Instead of looking at the good points of a Blizzard game (any Blizzard game) the usual suspects only try to come up with bad points (how odd they may be)

And the .... End result has always been: how is it possible blizzard is successful ? (understatement of the decade btw ...)

Just 2 examples. In diablo 3 no one talks about the superior on line engine and extreme fast response times nor is there any thought about the one centralised server structure.

For WoW it is even more clear: open world play accross servers is simply a new standard in open world MMO's

And all these idiots do is complain ...

I laugh so hard when I see all those haters lose their arguments year upon year upon year against Blizzard ...

10 million players after 8 years paying a monthly sub. 11 million copies sold of D3 in a genre where others hardly come to 500k at garbage bin prices ...

Yeah what a fail ...

It's exactly my point, this system sacrifices the integrity of the game in exchange for profit. Base on your statements, this model of RMAH profits Blizzard, botters and massive scale flippers. You're not looking at the big picture, small time players doesn't benefit a lot if you're talking about returns, it's so marginal that it's negligible compared to the big players.

Glad you're celebrating the RMAH but certainly am not. This model promotes more consumerism (paying more for power) and denies sustainability (getting upgrades regardless of RMAH). Now, between Consumerism and Sustainability, a rational individual will choose the latter.
Reply Quote
Please answer my question. I just want to know if your brand new to D3.

The 11 million is funny because that does not at all mean the game itself was well made for a Diablo game. Everyone knows that. It instantly sold a crap load of copies (Including the one I bought) because of the reputation of the previous games. That number means nothing to me.

I am a Eu player dude.

DH. Learn before posting and finish the game first.
Edited by BenBoske#2907 on 11/14/2012 5:17 AM PST
Reply Quote
If they leave the game as is, Diablo 3 and future can't be in the same sentence.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]