Diablo® III

If D3 is the future of gaming....

SC2 isn't as popular as Brood War because of balance issues that won't be fully worked out until (at least) 6 months after the last expansion.

I don't know, SC2 may be more balanced than BW at this point. ZvT is bad because of fungal growth but it's no BW ZvP.

SC2 likely isn't as popular as it could be because it's just kind of boring. Blizzard replaced inventive, exciting units like Defilers and Vultures with bland one-dimensional ones, and did a lot to homogenize the 3 races with units like Roaches and Marauders. Unfortunately it doesn't look like a whole lot will change with HOTS either.
Edited by Naeun#1221 on 11/14/2012 5:20 AM PST
Reply Quote
11/14/2012 05:17 AMPosted by Vicc
If they leave the game as is, Diablo 3 and future can't be in the same sentence.

I think patch 1.05 is great.

MP play combined with the key hunt and ring crafting was a great addittion.

I think it made the game very good and long lasting.

MP play in leveling is awesome too
Edited by BenBoske#2907 on 11/14/2012 5:22 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Death Knight
D3 has way better control then every other arpg out there, it's down fall IMHO is atmosphere, and blizzard games feel they are painted with the same brush these days.

and the RMAH, and people will say people always did it, but having it the game now as a central part of the game ruined it. before you could not participate in it, and not be bothered.

and the quest system is horrible for a game that is replayed over and over. To me diablo just felt like you were just leveling in WOW, a lot of the issues in diablo was solved with the same answers as wow, which isn't exactly making the brand stand out as a separate franchise like it once was.
Edited by Zadiell#1595 on 11/14/2012 5:27 AM PST
Reply Quote
11/14/2012 12:18 AMPosted by Ender
..it isnt. it wont be. blizzard is not the top it used to be. it makes money, but that doesnt mean its the top of design anymore. path of exile, and torchlight destroy diablo 3 in every aspect it coudltn live up to.

There's still aspects of DIII that destroy poe and tl2, in my opinion.
I just hope future patches and expansions add meaningful content.

like what? where? itll be some generic catch phrase, buzz word answer like, "polish", but poslished where?
Reply Quote
D3 has way better control then every other arpg out there, it's down fall IMHO is atmosphere, and blizzard games feel they are painted with the same brush these days.

and the RMAH, and people will say people always did it, but having it the game now as a central part of the game ruined it. before you could not participate in it, and not be bothered.

D3 may have better control.
But D2 has more fun than D3.
Yeah, Every time i play D2, i got the feel of being alone, weak, and on each progression you get the feel that you are on a journey to get overpowered! You are building your characters.
Sometimes people even disguise their builds, because they dont want to be copied.
And pitting them on PVP is a huge satisfaction on your build.
In D3, that feel is gone.
Its like an arcade Gauntlet legends...

The feeling of gone.
Not to mention, first act boss,
Butcher..
Maghda says: "THE BUTCHERRR"
Its more like an announcer calling down each wrestler on the ring.
Its "THE ROCKKKKK"
Well, the event direction is kinda weird and funny..
Edited by WhiteBootz#6395 on 11/14/2012 5:33 AM PST
Reply Quote
What is there to laugh about a PC game that sold 11 million copies in 6 months time ?

?

Eu server!.l just stumbled on the US forum.

I am way past your playing point ...btw

You are not even in the end game.

I could say that the hunt for keys and organs is great ... After you finish it.

I was at act 2/3 which was the end game and it sucked. Your lack of achknowledgement of any of D3's glaring problems made me think that your either new to the game or a mindless fanboy.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Death Knight
What is there to laugh about a PC game that sold 11 million copies in 6 months time ?

?

Eu server!.l just stumbled on the US forum.

I am way past your playing point ...btw

You are not even in the end game.

I could say that the hunt for keys and organs is great ... After you finish it.

I bought it, had some fun, but don't think it's a great game. just cause it sold doesn't mean it's a great game, people can't really judge it before hand. It's sales can be attributed to the success of it's previous games, and the WOW annual subscription drove those numbers way up. Alot of those people probally would not of bought it other wise. Smart move on Blizzards part, but I think it gives an inaccurate view on sales.
Reply Quote
Agree, Sales doesnt have a correlation with fun.
This game sold because of Hype.
Reply Quote
11/14/2012 03:06 AMPosted by DeadRu
..it isnt. it wont be. blizzard is not the top it used to be. it makes money, but that doesnt mean its the top of design anymore. path of exile, and torchlight destroy diablo 3 in every aspect it coudltn live up to.

Not really. TL2 is little more than what the D2 pirated, illegal ,modded private servers were. It appears the developers took these as a model for the game. Fun atm but no real incursion into future gaming.

Poe is just a D2 wannabe. I have it installed played 20min and quit. While they use an expanded static d2 like skill tree that dates the game.

D3 has broached new ideas and went with more a Dynamic skill tree. Gone is the old static D2 pick a skill max the synergies mentality. While many seem to dislike the D3 skill tree atm, it has the ability to morph into the model for future gaming. We need to remember that it is a very new concept.but I feel a good start.

Then the kicker the RMAH. This is probably the most contested new feature. It has the benefit of allowing D3 players access a area previously dominated by 3rd partly item/gold selling sites in a safe manner. I feel that most of the hate toward the rmah is from those that cannot use it. By this I mean those with no CC,sms, paypal access. They see others making cash and it eats then alive. That said I think it is a step up from the "you buy or nonrefundable tokens and use our ingame store mentality.

This could well be a model for the future.

Almost all the other complaints about D3 are easy to fix and will most likely be addressed over time. The major problem for Blizzard is the unpopular features they have added are almost exclusively there to fight the bots, hacks ect. Yes we see bots but they don't have the ability to jump acts, instant boss access like in D2. The only real duping I see is the rollback scams.
Now the real biggie, always online.
I fell this was almost a must have for D3 when I look back at what happened in D2. The game is sold as an online game an while many may have opinions about this it is at the end of the day the reality. While it offers more security I feel the real reason is Blizzard is not about to rlease the rmah, dynamic skill tree workings to the pirates and other developers. Keeping this serverside is a smart move from that viewpoint.

man you shot down torchlight, and path of exile pretty quickly.

dynamic skill tree? nothing dynamic about it actually, it holds your hand, and picks the skills for you.

hate for rmah from those that cant use it? how about from those who dont want their money going to an unsecure source, where you can lose a few hundred bucks but blizzard still maintains their cut of it anyway. or what about the face that DRM doesnt even protect you at all.

do u know why torchlight, path of exile, and the dvinity series DOESNT use these so called dynamic skill trees? because pre-determined stats in an rpg is the worst idea you can use
Reply Quote
1: it isnt as safe as you make it out to be. DRM fails to protect people, hackers can still get access to your personal information. further, if during a transaction, the servers can shut down and there we go, i lose my money, but blizzard keeps it's cut anyway.

so i dont use it. and it never effected my game.
Reply Quote
11/14/2012 05:39 AMPosted by DeadRu

Well you probably know nothing about people who are against the rmah

I doubt that. After following the forums I can say I'm pretty sure I called it right. There may be a few people that think they are purest so vote against the rmah, but then they don't have to use it and can play as pure as they wish. Of course i'd wager they use trade, and in D2 never hesitated to drop into one of my free drop games. All the hate threads I still say are those that can't use the rmah and they are eating sour grapes. Very seldom do we see a rational complaint about the rmah. Why don't you tell us yours?
Which don't you like
1. a safe alternative to the 3rd party item and gold sellers.
2. it offers another alternative to the gah and trade.
3. It is easier for some to come up with cash as opposed to 8,000,000,000g
4. The player can elect to send cash for items sold to a paypal account for a 15% charge(he gets 85% found money for playing the game)
5. you can build a rmah balance and never put a dime of rm into it.
6. the items you see on the rmah you never would have seen if they were on the offsite seller.
Which of those bother you, and if none what does?

1. Its not that safe and has bad customer service (From what I have read)
2. Its an unneeded alternative that makes the overall game worse
3. Paying cash to get ahead in a videog game is pathetic honestly. If you disagree you probably need to work on your real life.
4. People playing this game like a job is really annoying. Bots dominate the game because people only look at it as a job. Ridiculous
5. This is true but isn't a good reason for it to exist either.
6. So what?
Reply Quote
This seems to be some sort of pattern. I check the profiles of every person that defends blizz and keeps saying diablo is the most played game out there (or one of the most), but on their profile they have barely any !@#$ing characters and if they do, they're level 1-20 max... I'm confused =/
Reply Quote
http://www.cinemablend.com/games/Diablo-3-Jay-Wilson-Tells-Diablo-2-Designer-Fans-F-ck-Off-45895.html

that is the attitude of your beloved jay wilson torwards negative feedback of his lack luster diablo 3.
Reply Quote
STOP DUPING
Reply Quote
Elder Scroll Online is the future.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]