Diablo® III

If D3 is the future of gaming....

sign me up!! i'll pay to win all over your face
Reply Quote
It also cannot be stopped, and I am more than happy to embrace it if it means some $$ on the side. People need to ask themselves why it matters that someone else wanted to spend money to progress in a game. It's not for me but I won't begrudge those that chose too. Just like I don't care if you used a godmode cheat code to beat some other game faster than me. At the end of the day it has no bearing on my fun factor.

The mindset, not the model, needs to change.

Like you and many others celebrate and embrace the RMAH system without question let alone advising to succumb to the idea of consumerism is,for me, deeply disturbing. It's akin to how people are so addicted to fossil fuel that most don't even bother searching for a newer alternative because the former is much more "convenient."

This is sad. Guess if this is really the future of games then I will stick to 2D indie game platformers which most of the new releases are true to their heritage: puzzle solving and often skill is needed to progress.

That is a terrible, maybe even backwards analogy. Consumerism isn't hurting you, me, or our planet at all. As I said, assuming we are not forced to pay-to-win, why is this such a bad thing? How does someone else essentially paying for a cheat code affect your game play so negatively? If they want to spend money on a game then more power to them. With piracy running rampant I am all for game companies finding alternative forms of income. It can only improve the industry as a whole.
Reply Quote
11/14/2012 01:44 AMPosted by DeLq
... then I will pity the next generation of gamers.
Reply Quote
GO ROCKSTAR
Reply Quote
Then.... RIP blizzard?
Reply Quote
I realize that D3 does have a few flaws but the gameplay is phenomenal and intense. I have played Torchlight 2 and yes, the game has a solid design, greater customization, but it suffers from a cheap budget and corny graphics and gameplay.

D3 is hands down better and anyone that argues otherwise needs a reality check in gaming.[/quote]
Reply Quote
u know i just discovered everquest 2. i remember back when i bought the first everquest, as my very first pc game ever owned, (because i was, and still kind of am a console hound. snes and ps1 forever.), i installed it and tried to play it but it required a credit card... which is why i stayed with console gaming for as long as i have because of the elusive credit card.

fast forward to 2012 - im leaning more towards pc gaming because of how much ive learned about pc gaming vs console gaming over the past 10 years. what i dont like however are all the digital downloads because i like to collect game boxes :(

my point is this: everquest is better then wow (played wow up to lich king, so i can say that), and from what i see of everquest 2 (just got it off steam 2 days ago. free trial version), the charcacter development is much, much deeper then wow is, and that right there, can draw me to play for hours, and hours, and hours.

same with diablo 2, i cared more about gear then stats because the gear was useful, however, there was nothing like pumping 25 points into a spell and one shotting everything with that spell. fast forward to diablo 3, and i miss my stats because the gear is trash. it doesnt compensate for the lack of power because of stat point removal. and thats what i think people arent understanding i sjust how powerful stat points really are compared to weapon dps.
Edited by Malurek#1445 on 11/14/2012 9:36 AM PST
Reply Quote
I realize that D3 does have a few flaws but the gameplay is phenomenal and intense. I have played Torchlight 2 and yes, the game has a solid design, greater customization, but it suffers from a cheap budget and corny graphics and gameplay.

D3 is hands down better and anyone that argues otherwise needs a reality check in gaming.
[/quote]

is that so? i need a reality check in gaming becasue i enjoy a deep customization, a large broad stroke of itemizating. you even admit to torchlight having a solid design, "greater customization", and bash it for its budget and graphics, and gameplay? well elaborate on the lack of gameplay it suffers from. the budget is not a problem, because more money doesnt mean a better game, it just means you have a better design engine, yet with the cheap runic games budget, you compliment the "solid design" of torchlight 2.

then quickly go on to bash anyone who thinks different of you, as if what you said is the end all beat all. your post is so full of !@#$, and hypocracy. stupid fan boy.
Reply Quote
That is a terrible, maybe even backwards analogy. Consumerism isn't hurting you, me, or our planet at all. As I said, assuming we are not forced to pay-to-win, why is this such a bad thing? How does someone else essentially paying for a cheat code affect your game play so negatively? If they want to spend money on a game then more power to them. With piracy running rampant I am all for game companies finding alternative forms of income. It can only improve the industry as a whole.

What I said is not an analogy or backwards thinking, if anything else it is a liberal way of thinking. Industrialized society has subscribed to the idea of more consumption and less sustainability. The trend this model is promoting is paying for fun and not playing for fun.

99% of all rpgs out there allow no form of rmt. You have a plethora of options, yet you're still trying to force your opinion on this game. Just go play a game more to your liking.

Or maybe the reality is that you're scared the rmt style is becoming too powerful to stop, and you're going to fight it tooth and nail to your dying breath. I admire your resolve, but it's misguided imo. You'll always have somewhere to go where rmt is not tolerated, and developers will continue to make games focused to your preferred "pure" environment.

Just leave Diablo alone and go play something else more along your lines of thinking.

It is my opinion and I am entitled to it and so are you. I played the game and experienced how interchangeable the RMAH and GAH is. Arguably the dynamics in-game is affected by this scenario, I am not going to elaborate my point on this for it has been brought many times in this forum.

Often I consider my posts here read by not gullible person so I try to be not condescending. Also, most hostile comments I'd written were towards blizzard. It's a human nature to vent when someone has promised something and failed to deliver.

There's a distinction between forcing someone onto thinking in a certain way and being open for a discussion, if you fail do distinguish the difference then it's not my fault.
Reply Quote
The head is the problem => Bobby Kotick. He makes shareholders happy but hopefully the bubble he is creating will explode.
Reply Quote
Then I can quit my day job.
Reply Quote
then gaming industry is dead.
Reply Quote
"there will continue to be opportunities for us to exploit the PC platform in ways that we haven’t yet."

Bobby Kotick
Reply Quote
11/14/2012 12:13 AMPosted by DrK
then...

If its the future of ARPGs... then we wont see anymore ARPGs for a while.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]