Diablo® III

How are non nat legacy DHs doing in high MP?

I die mostly because I lack IRL discipline.. not the in-game discipline.

You know how much your character can handle, why go the extra lenght of being careless or stupid ;)
Reply Quote
I've only gone up to mp8, I don't even have a 4 set of either nats and I'm sitting at 39 disc but I very very rarely run out of disc because of nightstalker+bola shot.. the aoe is pretty crazy that my disc recovers so fast

even on ubers I don't run out of disc easily, bola shot always hits twice on a single target and both can crit and could give you disc.. my crit chance is 46%

obviously there are times that I do run out of disc coz of crazy situations but then again I'm still running with prep(backup plan)
Edited by Lecreuset#1619 on 11/14/2012 10:43 PM PST
Reply Quote
OP... you need WAY more all resist.....

I'm a legacy user with 107k dps and 625 all resist with 5500 armor and almost 50k hp. (basically a 100k+ dps tank using permanent 15% lifesteal and permanent 35% dmg reduction).

In every MP level I just sit on top of the elites and let them do their best to kill me, I just move away from arcane sentry/desecrator/frozen.

(in MP8/9/10 I like to switch to sentry guardian and numbing traps for the extra mitigation, 7 and below I go with my current setup in my profile.)

I also save a passive slot by not having to use nightstalkers like the new nats users.
Edited by jxfuller#1507 on 11/14/2012 10:44 PM PST
Reply Quote
11/14/2012 07:41 PMPosted by Potentiality
To be honest with night stalker, I easily keep a 100% uptime of gloom.

I farm MP7 for keys no sweat, face tanking most elites with Bola.

I did one key run in MP10 with two of my pals and didn't have much difficulty staying alive; however, dealing damage was another matter entirely ;).

P.S. I swapped out a couple pieces of gear for more defense and used a different build.
Edited by RedCell#1728 on 11/15/2012 12:32 AM PST
Reply Quote
To be honest with night stalker, I easily keep a 100% uptime of gloom.

I did one key run in MP10 with two of my pals and didn't have much difficulty staying alive; however, dealing damage was another matter entirely ;).

P.S. I swapped out a couple pieces of gear for more defense and used a different build.

Only ~320 all resist? and 3900 armor? and 30k hp? I call bs being able to tank elites in mp7 all that well.

I have 625 all res, 5500 armor and almost 50k hp with 107k dps.... i know what it's like.
Edited by jxfuller#1507 on 11/15/2012 1:16 AM PST
Reply Quote
i stream DH no nats (legacy or new, just 2 set for 7% cc) farming MP10 for keys quite often... heres a video

http://www.twitch.tv/philosophios/b/340113559

and here i did the act3 key run in less than 1hour for under 9mil budget...

http://www.twitch.tv/philosophios/c/1737090

heres that same 9mil set in mp1 doing speed runs

http://www.twitch.tv/philosophios/c/1737101

maybe skip around a bit and find some nice fights :)

what the ppl here are saying about nightstalker is true... with high cc and attack speed, the disc regen is crazy!

main gear - 330 AR, 4600 arm, 50k hp ~200k dps
budget gear - 450 AR, 3700 arm, 35k hp ~70k dps
Edited by Philos#1386 on 11/17/2012 4:08 AM PST
Reply Quote
I have the new Nat's, boots and helmet were in game drops and the chest and ring were the best that I could afford off the GAH. At 1st I had a problem keeping my discipline up because I was use to spamming gloom for survival. But with my armor (5684), 2.9 LS manticore, Nightstalker and some practice I can't remember the last time I ran out of discipline.
Reply Quote
Mitigation/defense is mitigation/defense, doesn't matter what gear you have on. When it comes down to defenses, resists+armor+life makes up your eHP, which is your effective hit points and how much dmg you can take. I was (and still am) a big believer in Legacy Nat's due to the versatility it can bring - but I moved on to the Solace set, with no regrets. I have extensive experience in both sets and I truly believe both sets are solid and with the right build, can take on anything in the game....literally.

With that said, as a new Nat's user, I'm doing mp10 with no issues and haven't come across anything I couldn't tank......yet (this is with 30 disc folks). A few of my friends still wear the Legacy set and the same goes for them....mp10, no issues, can tank anything. The key here is optimizing damage mitigation and increasing your life pool (you need both)...in other words, increasing your effective hit points.
Edited by Beast#1449 on 11/15/2012 5:03 AM PST
Reply Quote
Disc regen is not so useful for me, as i am basically facetank with gloom + spike trap ( + rain of vengeance if available) + bola shot with imminent doom, 2s everything exploded...

Most elites at mp7 died after i gloomed up 3-4 times, even no prep need

But you need certain hp and AR to tank for all the dmg, i have like 60khp and 600AR with boar.
Reply Quote
MP 8 is no issue, but legacy Nat's would free up a skill slot. Even with 70 discipline I need preparation now and again.
Reply Quote
<---No Nat's at all. No Gloom or Prep.
In fact, I hardly use disc at all with my build. I do go through some Hatred though! But I run 2 different hatred regens, bat, and have regen on gear. I rarely run "OUT".

I can steadily cruise through mp8 when I want. Not steamrolling by any means, but I get it done without alot of death. While I can DO 9-10, it's simply not fun and more frustrating than anything. Takes so long to kill stuff and I spend way more time in defensive mode than I tend to enjoy.

*Elites: I have a +cold/+rapidfire/29% SoJ that I switch to.

*For Reflect Damage: I have a 2nd manticore with 3.0LS and 600ishLoH as well as a fairly nice dmg/dex/CC/940LoH ammy I swap as well. Makes RD trivial.

Rapid-Fire, Evasive, Bola, Vault. Gets the job done and fits my playstyle.
Reply Quote
at 700+ AR with my engineer build i have over 100k HP and over 1.5m eHP... pretty easy to faceroll everything on all difficulties with no discipline adders at all

only times i really pop gloom are when im standing on desecrators or arcanes, and those dont really do much with sentrys and spike traps out, as soon as i hit gloom im full HP again anyways
Reply Quote

Only ~320 all resist? and 3900 armor? and 30k hp? I call bs being able to tank elites in mp7 all that well.

I have 625 all res, 5500 armor and almost 50k hp with 107k dps.... i know what it's like.

Like I said, when I run MP7 I swap out gear so I have 4500+ armor, 500+ resist all, and 46K HP. I also hav 800+ LoH, with an attack speed of around 2.25 that procs pretty well (with Lacuni's I have 2.45 APS).

As it stands with my gear as you see it now, I face tank elites in MP1 with grenades, for the few seconds they are alive at least lol, while standing in pools of desecrater, DW ftw. ;)
Edited by RedCell#1728 on 11/15/2012 9:10 AM PST
Reply Quote
38k hp 500 ish all res 68 disc pool can face tank any mp even ubers i can keep gloom up an still use vault an never run out of disc untill i got prep back up
Reply Quote
non legacy user here. MP10 is complete faceroll with nightstalker/gloom/spiketrap/sentry/perfectionist leading the way, its just slow w/ only 210kdps (SoJ and using archery)

gear now is MP1 XP gear

usual gear = 210kdps (no passives) 190k w/ SoJ, 450ar, 4700armor, 62khp

i can completely faceroll MP10 naked
Edited by Shdwflare#1288 on 11/15/2012 8:51 AM PST
Reply Quote
I've only gone up to mp8, I don't even have a 4 set of either nats and I'm sitting at 39 disc but I very very rarely run out of disc because of nightstalker+bola shot.. the aoe is pretty crazy that my disc recovers so fast

even on ubers I don't run out of disc easily, bola shot always hits twice on a single target and both can crit and could give you disc.. my crit chance is 46%

obviously there are times that I do run out of disc coz of crazy situations but then again I'm still running with prep(backup plan)

If that is the gear you are using in your profile, I'd like to see a vid of you soloing in MP8 please.
Reply Quote
As long as you play well and have a good synergy between your items and skills, any DH can beat the higher MP levels.
Edited by Kadderly#1572 on 11/15/2012 9:37 AM PST
Reply Quote
Good question, I've wondered the same thing as a legacy nat's user.

As a test I tried taking off my boots to lose the regen, and I turned on night stalker.

I didn't really have a problem in MP6 with not having disc for gloom although it seemed like nightstalker wasn't quite as good at keeping disc up as legacy nat's.

My problem was the lack of being able to vault. I tend to vault between groups and during fights for positioning and often enter fights with low disc but with legacy it comes back fast enough that I can gloom before I need to.

It would have to be a huge dps gain for me in order to give up steady aim for nightstalker and to give up being able to vault repeatedly. I did the math for a 150M new nat's set and the dps and eHP gain just wasn't worth it to me. I felt I'd be better off dropping 150M into upgrading other pieces.
Reply Quote
274 unbuffed DPS, 74K HP, 900 AR with Perfectionnist.

Never run out of disc unless I "panic" and spam it uncautiously =)

Very rarely die in MP10 and once again it's from not being cautious enough (2 stacks of molten is OK, 3 are not. A couple of arcane beams are OK, the same + & layer of molten is not, etc...)

P.S. : had used a very nice Legacy Nat set for months (since the +2 disc "bug" was made public). Sold it 2 weeks ago and not missing it at all, wish I sold it before when prices were even higher.
Edited by Rahan95#2902 on 11/15/2012 9:50 AM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]