Diablo® III

How are non nat legacy DHs doing in high MP?

I only have 30 base disc. I do have cloak/ring/boots but won't go helm so I only have the +130 dex bonus.

I'm around 165k dps running just arch passive (200k if I add SA)

no issues without legacy nats. Ask all those I hunt with... lol.

As we are pretty much aware ... you have 2 basic roads you can travel at higher MP levels

1> high armor/hp/ar
2> high disc consumption to use gloom

Talking Legacy Nats .... we are focusing on #2. To compensate for not having Legacy Nats I use NightStalker (as many do) to add some extra regen based on crits. I also run over 60% CC and have 2.77-2.93 APS.

This allows me to shoot very fast as well as crit a lot to help my disc regen out. It isn't the same as legacy nats because when I'm in between mobs I still only get the +1 regen/sec vs +3/sec to quickly fill it up.

But I can pretty much sit in ShadowPower with my setup in the middle of elites. NO issues on MP6 in a team going after azmodan and sitting in his pools and just keep firing away with SP up. I find with my setup and a 1h bow to have high APS .... no issues with SP and taking the hits.

Even with my setup I have low AR (about 240-250 AR) and still have no real issues on MP6 and MP7 (though I only do stacks/ubers in MP7 mode right now).
Reply Quote
Top 20 DPS New Nats user here, and honestly MPs higher than 5-6 I only do with groups, because it's just unbelievably inefficient farming anything higher than MP1-2.

MP1-2 farming is for the utmost efficiency in terms of xp/hr. and mobs killed/hr.

MP9-10 farming is only fun in a group as a challenge but otherwise, it's incredibly inefficient and the rewards are just not worth it at all, IMO.

All of my crazy drops have come from MP1-2 Act 3 farming, including my amulet.
Reply Quote
11/14/2012 10:25 PMPosted by Fieryeel
my deaths are caused by carelessness rather than lack of disc.

Reply Quote
Top 20 DPS New Nats user here, and honestly MPs higher than 5-6 I only do with groups, because it's just unbelievably inefficient farming anything higher than MP1-2.

MP1-2 farming is for the utmost efficiency in terms of xp/hr. and mobs killed/hr.

MP9-10 farming is only fun in a group as a challenge but otherwise, it's incredibly inefficient and the rewards are just not worth it at all, IMO.

Wow, you must absolutely blow through MP1-2. With my mediocre DPS I always though farming MP3 was best, but from your comments I probably should be farming MP1. I'll give that a run and see how the xp and items flow.
Reply Quote

Wow, you must absolutely blow through MP1-2. With my mediocre DPS I always though farming MP3 was best, but from your comments I probably should be farming MP1. I'll give that a run and see how the xp and items flow.

Yep.

Regardless of DPS, MP1 is always going to give the most xp/hr. and most mobs killed/hr.

Anything more than having to fire 1-2 ball lightnings to clear out a room as you just run past while everything is obliterated is inefficient.

Higher MP farming makes sense only you're farming keys or you're looking for a challenge for...no good reason.
Reply Quote

Merlin I am in the same boat as you items wise pretty much. I've timed my runs when I didn't die once. MPL2 runs I can finish about twenty minutes shorter than MPL3 runs.
Reply Quote
I dont use the nats bonus past two pieces, but with my set up i can run mp9 keys solo, and ubers with at least one other person. my effective health pool while all my skills are up is about 800k and with high CC and nightstalker i have no problem perma glooming while my traps and bola crit for a !@#$ ton around me.

nats isnt necessary if you build correctly. item and skillwise.
Reply Quote

Yep.

Regardless of DPS, MP1 is always going to give the most xp/hr. and most mobs killed/hr.

Anything more than having to fire 1-2 ball lightnings to clear out a room as you just run past while everything is obliterated is inefficient.

Higher MP farming makes sense only you're farming keys or you're looking for a challenge for...no good reason.

I can second that, our group ran MP1 and with our Barb wearing Cains set, Hellfire and Ruby in helm, she was racking up a crazy amount of XP a day. I don't know the exact numbers but she must have been doing nearly 3-5B or more a day and that was with long breaks.
Reply Quote
I have no problem keeping gloom up when needed. I had a set of leg nats, got rid of them because the stats were not as good as on the new nat's. But then agin if you don't have a 4pc set then you are going to have problems with the new Nat's.
Reply Quote
11/15/2012 01:00 PMPosted by Anna
I have no problem keeping gloom up when needed. I had a set of leg nats, got rid of them because the stats were not as good as on the new nat's. But then agin if you don't have a 4pc set then you are going to have problems with the new Nat's.

I don't have a 4pc. New Nats set and i have no problems whatsoever. I have +10 disc. with my Nat's chest and my DML quiver....no idea what you're talking about.

Perma-gloom is only needed if you're bad at kiting or can't kill anything fast enough.
Reply Quote
11/15/2012 01:00 PMPosted by Anna
But then agin if you don't have a 4pc set then you are going to have problems with the new Nat's.

Completely untrue.

I have extensive experience with both sets and now choose to wear only 3 pieces of the new. There are no problems if you build correctly. From mp10 to mp10 ubers, there isn't anything that is troublesome (including tanking).
Edited by Beast#1449 on 11/15/2012 1:56 PM PST
Reply Quote
Not all of us can afford to hit 400k dps and also maintain crazy eHP. :)

I know with my budget, my dps, my eHP, I need to gloom very often in MP5+. I wish I could afford 400k dps while maintaining very high resists and eHP, but I can't. So I think for higher MP levels I'm better off with legacy nat's. Maybe I'm mistaken.

I did a 100M budget which is in my range for new nat's and it wasn't that much of an increase in dps and eHP. I wonder if I would be better off selling my legacy set and gearing in a better new set, but I'd hate to take the risk that it would be detriminental to my play.
Reply Quote
@ Apotheosis

@ Beast

There is always an exception to what I was saying. Most of the players I see on here with 3pc new Nat's have low dic. and most of the time low def. For those player it would be best to have a 4pc set. Unless they just happen to be able to find a DML or cloak with dic on them.

But when you have as much dps as you two have, it really is mute.
Reply Quote
Non legacy nats user. i run 3 pieces for high mp levels up to 10. lower levels i put back on my nat helm for more disc only so i can spam vault to move faster. for ubers without tanks i use nightstalker. i rarely even need to use preparation so pretty much it's perma gloom. for ubers with tanks i dont use nightstalker. i also run 30 disc. i think the key is that you should have high crit chance for this to work.
Reply Quote
@Merlin: When I use Nightstalker in the higher MP lvls, I never vault between packs like I do when I'm farming MP1 and have Preparation. However, as far as maintaining Gloom and maneuvering one's char with vault are concerned, nightstalker works like a charm as long as your crit chance is high enough.
Reply Quote

Yep.

why not mp0 act 3?
Reply Quote
@Merlin - agree man, I vault alot with my legacy nats aswell as gloom for elites - tried nightstalker without the legacy set and it was no good - and my cc is about 55.
Reply Quote

Yep.

why not mp0 act 3?

Because MP1 is just as reasonable in terms of increased monster health that it requires no additional time to complete over MP0, and you get the increased 10% bonus xp and a big 25% boost to mf and gf as well.

And yes, i did test runs at MP0 and MP1, and the timing was pretty much the same.
Reply Quote
Not all of us can afford to hit 400k dps and also maintain crazy eHP. :)

I know with my budget, my dps, my eHP, I need to gloom very often in MP5+. I wish I could afford 400k dps while maintaining very high resists and eHP, but I can't. So I think for higher MP levels I'm better off with legacy nat's. Maybe I'm mistaken.

I did a 100M budget which is in my range for new nat's and it wasn't that much of an increase in dps and eHP. I wonder if I would be better off selling my legacy set and gearing in a better new set, but I'd hate to take the risk that it would be detriminental to my play.

I have a good Bloody Footprints that I just bought that sits in my stash. My best suggestion is when you are comfortable where your legacy Nat DH is at, start planning to move on from it, because hitting the DPS wall with Legacy Nats gets increasingly more and more frustrating.
Edited by Kadderly#1572 on 11/15/2012 4:32 PM PST
Reply Quote
@ Apotheosis

@ Beast

There is always an exception to what I was saying. Most of the players I see on here with 3pc new Nat's have low dic. and most of the time low def. For those player it would be best to have a 4pc set. Unless they just happen to be able to find a DML or cloak with dic on them.

But when you have as much dps as you two have, it really is mute.

Not true.

I do not have the same level of gear or dps as them, nor do I have 4p Nats.

But I can say I am absolutely fine with just a +9 disc quiver.

It's about wisely managing your disc. Some runs I do not even use vengeance/nightstalker.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]