Diablo® III

How are non nat legacy DHs doing in high MP?

11/30/2012 12:09 PMPosted by BraveBreaker
Those passive you're talking about maximizing your dps over time are replaced in new nats by higher stats. So essentially it's the same thing, old nats needs dps buffs but no disc passives, and new nats doesn't need dps buffs only one disc passive.

Exactly. I needed perfectionist to boost my armor, life and resist and for the new nats, I needed to use either nightstalker/vengeance. But, my disc regens in all situations not when I hv monsters around me. That's what made me go back to legacy. I do have a new set on standy when ready in case blizz just decides to do something crazy and render the legacy useless. But still happy with legacy till it stops rewarding I guess. :)
Reply Quote
11/30/2012 12:02 PMPosted by Ring

Clearly you have missed out on the fact that you only need ONE passive to get perma disc. Vengeance or Nightstalker.

But hey, whatever fits your boat, so long as you are in your comfort zone with Legacy.

True. But it won't be unless you have a target to shoot at so you can crit or have globes on the floor. If you are always running around vaulting then its a different story. No one's disputing that it's working for both setup. Both can do mp1-mp10. But it's really down to play style. Use whatever fits your personal play style. I might not have 1m ehp but I can do mp10 fine and tank when needed and be a crazy running DH when needed as well. It's all about having fun. Both have its merits

If you are running out of monsters to regen disc from in-between your constant vaulting, then clearly you are farming in the wrong spots.
Reply Quote
My dps might be as high as some on here, but I don't run out of disc. It might take me longer but I live. So to OP yes a player without leg Nats can do just fine.
Reply Quote

True. But it won't be unless you have a target to shoot at so you can crit or have globes on the floor. If you are always running around vaulting then its a different story. No one's disputing that it's working for both setup. Both can do mp1-mp10. But it's really down to play style. Use whatever fits your personal play style. I might not have 1m ehp but I can do mp10 fine and tank when needed and be a crazy running DH when needed as well. It's all about having fun. Both have its merits

If you are running out of monsters to regen disc from in-between your constant vaulting, then clearly you are farming in the wrong spots.

You are clearly overexagerrating the density of monsters. If you need to run when you move to the next monster then thats good and fine. Then disc will definitely regen. I prefer to vault to the next. I believe there's nothing wrong with that. I think I know where to farm if I can reach plvl 73, thanks. I used the new set. Just not fast to my liking 'yet'.
Reply Quote

You are clearly overexagerrating the density of monsters. If you need to run when you move to the next monster then thats good and fine. Then disc will definitely regen. I prefer to vault to the next. I believe there's nothing wrong with that. I think I know where to farm if I can reach plvl 73, thanks. I used the new set. Just not fast to my liking 'yet'.

Maybe we are talking on different terms.

When I say vault to the next pack, I mean that I vault + run for 2 secs on TA movement.

With Vengeance and +pickup though, I am on +60% movement most of the time.
Reply Quote
i still cant deal with fast elites with fast affix especially if it has molten and vortex lol. other elites are fine especially the ubers.

would want to try a legacy nat someday though...
Edited by Yoona#1832 on 11/30/2012 10:43 PM PST
Reply Quote
@Yoona

Could it be - Your armor, all resist and life is low. Depends on what MP lvl's you are running. Have a great time playing the game. Your disc is low also,
Edited by Anna#1231 on 11/30/2012 10:56 PM PST
Reply Quote
Mitigation/defense is mitigation/defense, doesn't matter what gear you have on. When it comes down to defenses, resists+armor+life makes up your eHP, which is your effective hit points and how much dmg you can take. I was (and still am) a big believer in Legacy Nat's due to the versatility it can bring - but I moved on to the Solace set, with no regrets. I have extensive experience in both sets and I truly believe both sets are solid and with the right build, can take on anything in the game....literally.

With that said, as a new Nat's user, I'm doing mp10 with no issues and haven't come across anything I couldn't tank......yet (this is with 30 disc folks). A few of my friends still wear the Legacy set and the same goes for them....mp10, no issues, can tank anything. The key here is optimizing damage mitigation and increasing your life pool (you need both)...in other words, increasing your effective hit points.

Mitigation/defense is mitigation/defense, doesn't matter what gear you have on. When it comes down to defenses, resists+armor+life makes up your eHP, which is your effective hit points and how much dmg you can take. I was (and still am) a big believer in Legacy Nat's due to the versatility it can bring - but I moved on to the Solace set, with no regrets. I have extensive experience in both sets and I truly believe both sets are solid and with the right build, can take on anything in the game....literally.

With that said, as a new Nat's user, I'm doing mp10 with no issues and haven't come across anything I couldn't tank......yet (this is with 30 disc folks). A few of my friends still wear the Legacy set and the same goes for them....mp10, no issues, can tank anything. The key here is optimizing damage mitigation and increasing your life pool (you need both)...in other words, increasing your effective hit points.
Beast is right. When I was having alot of problems, he told me to get my all resist, armor, and life up. I listened and now I am no longer getting my !@# kicked. It's so important to get defenses up. What good is alot of dps if you are going to get your $%^ kicked. Just my thoughts on this matter.
Reply Quote
i have 60 disc, and i do not have problem to spam vault and gloom at mp7+
the bad is i need preparation.
Reply Quote
I rarely die on mp8. And mp10 i can just equip my sexy !@# windforce.

I'm deff not like a godly geared DH either.
Reply Quote
@Yoona

Could it be - Your armor, all resist and life is low. Depends on what MP lvl's you are running. Have a great time playing the game. Your disc is low also,

well it is true my all resist and disc is lower than yours.
if i replace my ruby gem with an amethyst i get higher life than you, and if i replace tactical advantage with perfectionist, we pretty much have the same armor.
i dont want to replace my ruby and my hellfire ring for extra life and disc because i need the xp boost lol.

but then again, im pretty sure you bought those from the rmah though =/ no offense btw. im not against buying in the rmah, its just that, i dont want to.

and im talking about mp10 monsters btw, and i only play it for a challenge but i usually grind xp on lower mps and the way i see it, i dont need AR, life, armor and disc, even in mp10 ubers. now, im still working on my gems.
Edited by Yoona#1832 on 12/1/2012 2:23 AM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]