Diablo® III

Molten Impact VS Liquefy

id think it is because cause the molten effect stacks, so with 8 sec duration u can have more pools stacking at once.
Reply Quote
i love shower too but it is really not very consistent for low mob numbers as procing goes. For me liquify is the best too i actually get better procing combined with ww than pure sns.
Reply Quote
View profile
yeh the only benefit ive found with liquefy is its very spammable on single targets once you have a couple pools stacked on each other.

but the dmg output from molten is so much higher i cant justify not using it... 390% vs 260% is just no competition for me...i just wish it came down faster so unfrozen enemies were easier to bop.
Reply Quote
nub question.. do the DoT of Meteor stack? as in after the first one hits, you land a second shortly, do the timer reset and there's only a DoT of the 2nd meteor or do they stack and have DoT of 2 meteors? If they dont, wont Molten be better? as it's rarely you allow 8 secs of DoT to run before you land your 2nd?
Reply Quote
^Yes, the DoTs stack. Liquify therefore has a massive advantage in proc rate even though its a slightly lower per tick coefficient. The battle has to take a certain amount of time however, otherwise the 'up front' damage from Molten Impact will result in faster kills anyway.
Reply Quote
View profile
Since like 1/3 the packs seem to be reflect I put liquefy on top cos u can actually use it in addtion to longer procing. But hey i enyoy both. It's a blast to see molten instantly melt white mobs in MP10 with my low dps.
Reply Quote
^Well if you actually had a decent life pool you could use molten impact without one shotting yourself.
Reply Quote
View profile
U guys wanna see something cool grab your skorn or whatevers high DPS 2H u have and drop a coupple moltens. It's sick sick crit like 2-2.5M

If we could figure out how to make these work with skorn and like -50 to elites OMG!
Reply Quote
View profile
12/13/2012 02:25 AMPosted by Shandlar
^Well if you actually had a decent life pool you could use molten impact without one shotting yourself.

lol I got 36K like u told me to see my new ring, new boots? Now i just two shot myself lolz

*actually 38K
Edited by Aimless#1700 on 12/13/2012 2:31 AM PST
Reply Quote
12/13/2012 02:25 AMPosted by Shandlar

I tried it with 55k HP.......

All good until you cast 6 meteors in under 3secs........ bye bye.......

@Aimless - Those boots look familiar :)
Edited by Aphraell#1269 on 12/13/2012 2:32 AM PST
Reply Quote
View profile
Yes thank you very much sir, you save my life literally. Its a new game with these HP. I'm no longer on edge of my seat can be lazy.
Edited by Aimless#1700 on 12/13/2012 3:01 AM PST
Reply Quote
12/13/2012 03:00 AMPosted by Aimless
Yes thank you very much sir, you save my life literally. Its a new game with these HP. I'm no longer on edge of my seat can be lazy.

Welcome to the HPnerd group !
Reply Quote
View profile
eww..but you just dont know how much fun it was to do ubers and ppl going like "WTF" with 29K as they entered game. They'd have like 60K asking me to carry them and we'd get into interesting discussions after they die. I'd be all "a lot of good those HP are doing ya now son" tsk tsk anyway you just had to be there. ofc you guys are right and its what i suggested forever 35-40K. Just like trollin to make game entertaining.
Edited by Aimless#1700 on 12/13/2012 3:18 AM PST
Reply Quote
yeah i really noticed when i pumped my hp i was surviving much better, specially good for the damage spikes.

well for trolling people shower on keeps 2 rocks, pun intended... bring everyones computer to its knees.
Reply Quote
View profile
been there done that! ppl would just leave pubs lol and even invited games...

good old days when procs were good
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RjJa3y2XX98
Edited by Aimless#1700 on 12/13/2012 4:01 AM PST
Reply Quote
View profile
lol that was OP aimless ;O
Reply Quote
Does anyone know if the increased proc duration on Liquify applies to conflag? or does conflag only trigger on the initial impact?
Reply Quote
THE meteor build.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/wizard#PgXYkO!eWg!bZZYcZ

If u just using meteors, SP/MS is way to go.

Liquify... just ok imo.
Reply Quote
Makes some videos and prove it.......
Reply Quote
lol, my pleasure.

This weekend i will make some time for it and post.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]