Diablo® III

Wizard Hydra: no benefit from Life Steal, LoH

(Locked)

Yes Blue please ask if this reflect damage suicide was intended....because I'm geared to handle reflect or at least mitigate it but hydra will insta kill me and that's bull !@#$.
10/30/2012 10:13 AMPosted by Coxis
Hydra is a skill that I cast, therefore I should receive health from at least LS. I understand LoH is different regarding on what skills proc it and how much they do.

That's true. If the game doesn't allow life steal and life on hit coming from detached elements such as Hydra and Sentry (Demon Hunter), these things should NOT affect the player when the monster has Reflect Damage. Reflect damage currently affects the player as well when a Hydra or Sentry is doing damage to the Monster with reflect damage.
I hate when my hydra is the sole reason I died.Ever ran into a pack and was like "oh isht!" and started looking for a place to set hydra so it doesnt kill you with RD?Yeah,all the time.
As a high dps wizard using hydra on a reflect damage pack is nearly a sure death for me.

It's complete BS that Hydra deals reflect damage to us but we don't get any lifesteal from the hydra.

Pick one or the other, either we get 0 reflect damage or it works with our lifesteal.

I don't want to be the same CM/WW wizard like everybody else but the fact these bugs remain completely kills much of the viability of a blizz/hydra build.
Edited by Strifen#1543 on 11/1/2012 9:26 PM PDT
View profile
On a related note, the Demon Hunter's sentries share a similar issue.
They should either 1) proc LOH / Lifesteal OR 2) they should not reflect damage to the player.
signed.

It should proc both Life on hit/lifesteal and reflect damage, or it should not proc either.
I would say half of my out of Archon deaths are to RD and hydra nightmare.. Maybe Blizzard thinks it would be OP against standard mobs and that's fine but then it should be RD neutral.
Honestly they just need to be consistent in my opinion. Either the hydra is connected to the character and and thus reflect damage and as well as benefit from the wizards stats or it is disconnected from the char and has no benefits or penalties. I prefer it connected as it makes the skill more dynamic but I could live with either but the middle ground of all bad no good is just lame.
Didn't know it doesn't work with cold blooded. That's sad. It's my favorite skill from D1 / 2, and it pains me to see that it's so bad.
bump for justice
I'm on the train. CHOO CHOO.

Seems ridic to get RD and no LS/LOH/Anything. If we take 100% of RD, we should be getting 100% of the benefits from the damage as well.
This happened with me too.
In one of the recent blue posts regarding reflect damage, they did say they are look at removing reflect damage from pets. Now assuming that also includes pet-like spells, ie hydras and sentries, then that is definately good news. I would still perfer if they had went the other route and added life steal to hydras, sentries, and pets, but I will take what I can get as long as life steal and reflect damage are consistent across the board.

The blue post can be found here:
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7006893362?page=2#31

Be sure to post a reply to that blue post to remind them of the issue with hydras and sentries.
In one of the recent blue posts regarding reflect damage, they did say they are look at removing reflect damage from pets. Now assuming that also includes pet-like spells, ie hydras and sentries, then that is definately good news. I would still perfer if they had went the other route and added life steal to hydras, sentries, and pets, but I will take what I can get as long as life steal and reflect damage are consistent across the board.

The blue post can be found here:
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7006893362?page=2#31

Be sure to post a reply to that blue post to remind them of the issue with hydras and sentries.

Thanks for the great update.

I saw this too and I agree, I would've preferred that they would've fixed the procs with Hydra, however, one important question remains: Are Hydras (and other skills like Sentry) considered pets?

Please let me know if there's official confirmation regarding this. When I hear "pets" I get nervous since I can only think of movable creatures with health pools like those of our WD cousins. Hydras and Sentries are inanimate objects that disappear after a while, and can't be killed.

In the meantime I have replied to that thread and asked Lylirra if Hydras are considered pets too. I hope this possible change benefits us wizards too.
I got a hold of some additional evidence:

If you take a look at the following thread, you can see that for a brief time, Hydra not benefitting from LoH or LS made it into the Known Issues thread, but its entry has been deleted as of now. This was posted and quoted by none other than a Blue.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/6412213704

Let's try and remind Blizzard that this is still a known issue, and that it shouldn't be deleted from that list!
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7006893362?page=12#221

There you have it, the reflect damage from hydra and sentry will be removed. Now, if hydra can crit properly...
10/31/2012 09:37 AMPosted by Hades
The real problem with hydra is that while it doesn't give you LOH or LL it does reflect dmg. Now THATS the real bug.

Yup, this needs to be fixed for consistency. Either Hydra shouldn't proc anything and shouldn't reflect any damage or Hydra should proc and reflect. One or the other.
Couple of follow ups:

- Hydra and Sentry are technically "pets" (so to speak), so whenever we make the change to no longer allow pet damage to reflect back to the player, they'll be included too.

- If we do elect to move forward with having Reflects Damage be a duration-based affix, we'd also want to add a new visual for whenever RD is active.

Via that thread. I am happy to hear this.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]