Diablo® III

Wizard Hydra: no benefit from Life Steal, LoH

(Locked)

In addition to the whole RD/no Loh/no LS, did you know that hydra:
- doesn't take critical damage bonus into account (remove emerald from your weapon and observe crit numbers)
- doesn't take Elites bonus damage into account (swap a Stone of Jordan and observe damage numbers on elites)
- doesn't take Cold-blooded bonus damage into account (tested with blizzard. Oh the irony, isn't hydra used mostly along blizzard in kiting builds ?)

Hydra needs some tuning. As our iconic spell it currently feels gimped.
Edited by krali#2833 on 11/3/2012 4:43 PM PDT
No, I didn't know that, and it's weak. Right now Hydra acts like a part of us only when it hurts us (RD) and never when it would help. Not good, and it's no surprise with problems like this that wizard is currently the weakest class.
Edited by Karok#1967 on 11/4/2012 7:41 AM PST
In addition to the whole RD/no Loh/no LS, did you know that hydra:
- doesn't take critical damage bonus into account (remove emerald from your weapon and observe crit numbers)
- doesn't take Elites bonus damage into account (swap a Stone of Jordan and observe damage numbers on elites)
- doesn't take Cold-blooded bonus damage into account (tested with blizzard. Oh the irony, isn't hydra used mostly along blizzard in kiting builds ?)

Hydra needs some tuning. As our iconic spell it currently feels gimped.

While the removal of RD all together from Hydra is a very welcome change, all these proc issues need to be fixed as well.
While the removal of RD all together from Hydra is a very welcome change, all these proc issues need to be fixed as well.

IF the removal of RD from Hydra happens. There's no guarantee at this point that it will. It's just being "considered".
Edited by Karok#1967 on 11/5/2012 8:10 AM PST
/signed

I totally agree that the Hydra should (at least) give us Life Steal. It's similiar in nature to our Familiar and that benefits from LS, though not LoH.
I'm surprised this thread hasn't received more attention. I guess most wiz's view CM/WW and Archon as the only two viable end game builds and don't care much about Hydra. I think a viable Hydra that proc'ed correctly would add something Blizzard claims to want, build diversity. I play a wiz that will migrate to either Archon or CM/WW myself, as soon as I get another 5-10% crit chance, but maybe I wouldn't feel forced to do so if Hydra and other skills worked better.
^
bump for the truth..

1) y is cold blood not affecting hydra
2) reflect dmg is my worst fear, and casting hydra far from packs while kitting is not ideal...

blues pls look into this!!!
Yes. Procs should definitely be fixed on our beloved Hydra.

I'm not complaining at all (I love my wizard) but fixing RD is just fixing part of the problem. Hydra needs its procs fixed, like CM, Cold blooded and all others previously mentioned.
Exactly how I feel, I have 50K HP, 600 RES and about 185K dps and I can't even survive 3 volleys from my arcane hydra.

It's impossible to play any MP higher than 4-5 when I run into a reflect mob, and its not like I can change spells to get around them when I have 5 stacks.

As a high dps wizard using hydra on a reflect damage pack is nearly a sure death for me.

It's complete BS that Hydra deals reflect damage to us but we don't get any lifesteal from the hydra.

Pick one or the other, either we get 0 reflect damage or it works with our lifesteal.

I don't want to be the same CM/WW wizard like everybody else but the fact these bugs remain completely kills much of the viability of a blizz/hydra build.
Edited by Im2Nelson4u#1447 on 11/14/2012 3:04 AM PST
90 Tauren Warrior
10/31/2012 09:37 AMPosted by Hades
The real problem with hydra is that while it doesn't give you LOH or LL it does reflect dmg. Now THATS the real bug.

This plus... I'm a chain light/light hydra wiz... that's my main skill

not getting crit dmg from gear to, only being the base, 50% wth is that?

Side Note: To all the wiz dieing to reflect dmg... move your hydra as you kite and wait on cds... someone mentioned it's not ideal.. but we have to have our weaknesses..

personally my hp regen outheals my hydra but i dont do as much dmg as you guys, i do die first thing before i know it's RD but once I know i just slow down dps and i do fine

and +1 to the person a couple posts above me about build diversity... my build is fine your programming needs debugged >,<
Edited by Jarlaxle#1488 on 11/14/2012 2:09 PM PST
I have another thread about hydra bugs here: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7004448075

Hydra doesn't benefit from:

- Critical hit damage
- Cold Blooded damage
- Bonus damage to elites
- Arcane power on crit
- Life on hit/life steal/life after kill

Maybe it's supposed to be this way...
Edited by Soliouss#1599 on 11/15/2012 9:34 AM PST
10/30/2012 10:13 AMPosted by Coxis
Hydra is a skill that I cast, therefore I should receive health from at least LS. I understand LoH is different regarding on what skills proc it and how much they do.

Exactly, and you know what? Hydra syncs Reflect damage to your Wizard when encountering an elite with Reflect Damage. Same goes for Demon Hunter's Sentry. It's pure unfairness in a prominent form.
Edited by numenorean#1374 on 11/14/2012 9:54 PM PST
I have another thread about hydra bugs here:

- Critical hit damage
- Cold Blooded damage
- Bonus damage to elites
- Arcane power on crit

Bump to raise awareness! Hydra not proccing LoH or LS is part of an underlying bigger problem.
I have another thread about hydra bugs here: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7004448075

- Critical hit damage
- Cold Blooded damage
- Bonus damage to elites
- Arcane power on crit

Bump to raise awareness. Blizzard QA team has to acknowledge eventually.

- Critical hit damage
- Cold Blooded damage
- Bonus damage to elites
- Arcane power on crit

Bump to raise awareness of our very broken skill.
also it does not proc critical mass either
apoc' and loh sort of tie together with proc coff which hydra has 0 for that. so i sort of understand why it has 0 proc/loh/apoc.

But other stuff are just crazy, I'm surprise when they did the 1.04 skill review they didn't even check for these bug despite how much attentions they invest in making hydra useful.

- Critical hit damage
- Cold Blooded damage
- Bonus damage to elites
- Arcane power on crit

Bump to raise awareness. Blizzard QA team has to acknowledge eventually.
also no benefit from critical mass cooldown
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]