Diablo® III

x% of dmg dealt converted to life

does anyone know exactly how this works? Does it take it off every hit? Seems like it should be a pretty good affix
Reply Quote
Yeah takes it off every hit (i.e. it's a % of all damage you do). However it's reduced by 80% in Inferno, so you're getting a fifth of all damage times your lifesteal % as life.

At high dps levels it's a better affix than life on hit and the reverse at lowest dps levels.
Reply Quote
given the with the 80% reduction in inferno...

If you hit something for 100k, 3% life steal will give you 600 life.

As i understand the benifit of Life Steal over Life on Hit is that life steal works on all damage delt, were as life on hit is effected by proc coefficients.
So for a monk, life steal works on their lightnight tornado things, but life on hit doesn't.
Also... life steal weapons seem to be alot cheaper.

My whirlwind barb face rolls MP4 with 800 Life on Hit and ~5% Life Steal
I think a mix of it is good either way, and for barbs, getting it on a belt is a no brainer
Reply Quote
i'll add that it doesn't work on the redistributed damage when fighting health link packs.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]